*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

I just checked the schedule and I realized that I have watched 26 of the 53 games so far.  It would be more if not for work.  A few games I have taped and watched after work.  Maybe I have a problem--I don't care though.  If loving this game is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

714143[/snapback]

I'm right there with you, man....I love every minute of this stuff. But honestly, how many games in other sports can you watch in under 2 hrs? Most of the games I've watched have been around 1:50.....I love that aspect of the game. But I also just love the sport in general :blush:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm right there with you, man....I love every minute of this stuff. But honestly, how many games in other sports can you watch in under 2 hrs? Most of the games I've watched have been around 1:50.....I love that aspect of the game. But I also just love the sport in general  :blush:

714146[/snapback]

Yup. And no commercials! I don't have to be bombarded with weirdos begging me to drink terrible light beers, drive dodge trucks, pop boner pills like tic-tacs, be more X-treme in my soda choices, etc... That's a big plus for me--makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Yup.  And no commercials!  I don't have to be bombarded with weirdos begging me to drink terrible light beers, drive dodge trucks, pop boner pills like tic-tacs, be more X-treme in my soda choices, etc...  That's a big plus for me--makes the experience much more enjoyable.

714148[/snapback]

Agreed. It's funny, cause I'm a huge Braves fan, but I had a hard time watching the game last night. I think I am so used to watching soccer every day that I've come to expect the same sort of pace and play, and baseball is a far cry from that right now. I'm sure I'll get back on the Braves bandwagon by August or so, but for now it's become really boring.

I just checked the schedule and I realized that I have watched 26 of the 53 games so far.  It would be more if not for work.  A few games I have taped and watched after work.  Maybe I have a problem--I don't care though.  If loving this game is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

714143[/snapback]

Tivo my man. I have watched them all. Soccer is a beautiful game. Ole Ole Ole

what are you watching? The ABC feed or the univision? I had no BBC over of the weekend....stuck watching ABC...that was painful, I switched over to Univision.

I agree....the tournament has been very good this far. Just tell the refs to put away the yellows from here on in.

what are you watching? The ABC feed or the univision? I had no BBC over of the weekend....stuck watching ABC...that was painful, I switched over to Univision.

I agree....the tournament has been very good this far. Just tell the refs to put away the yellows from here on in.

714151[/snapback]

Balboa is a great announcer that really understands strategys and the game

omg....Italy goes for the dive inside the box and gets the PK.... :blush:

The Aussies deserved better.....

714106[/snapback]

Dive???

WTF. He took him down in the box.

And that red card was a red card

Gimme a phucking break. Still didn't concede a goal in this tournament.

I don't understand why soccer players feel they need to disgrace their sport by taking dives _all_ the time.

If that italian player were to jump over the defender, or run around him, he is 1 on 1 with the goalie, and gets to score a highlight reel goal.  Instead, he is a coward.  Sure, he won, but he is no sportsman in my book.

714127[/snapback]

And nobody really cares about your book. But nobody notices that we were a man down for half the game, on a yellow card challenge.... But I guess we're the divers.

Another great game spoiled by the refs and kitty euro-trash diving. The IOC needs to start using the World Cup as a recruiting pool for their olympic diving teams.

714154[/snapback]

It wasn't a dive. I agree we played like sh--. I agree the Aussie's played a better game. But in the box you don't make a stupid mistake like that.

It wasn't a dive.  I agree we played like sh--.  I agree the Aussie's played a better game.  But in the box you don't make a stupid mistake like that.

714162[/snapback]

Looked like a dive to me - it was pretty embellished.

Looked like a dive to me - it was pretty embellished.

714167[/snapback]

The call didn't come because it was embellished.

I do agree, he did try to draw the penalty, but the player took him down.

In a day where we played like crap, i'll take the win, especially being a man down for 45 minutes.

The call didn't come because it was embellished.

I do agree, he did try to draw the penalty, but the player took him down. 

In a day where we played like crap, i'll take the win, especially being a man down for 45 minutes.

714171[/snapback]

As a neutral interest in this match - I thought it was a lousy ending.

But then again, the officials have interjected themselves so much in this cup I have just about lost interest. Esp. after watching Neth - Port. That was a joke.

I do agree, he did try to draw the penalty

714171[/snapback]

exactly.....by diving! lol

As a neutral interest in this match - I thought it was a lousy ending.

But then again, the officials have interjected themselves so much in this cup I have just about lost interest. Esp. after watching Neth - Port. That was a joke.

714178[/snapback]

It was lousy, not for me but for anyone else. I was nervous till I saw #10 come on the field. I knew he would change the game for us.

It wasn't a dive.  I agree we played like sh--.  I agree the Aussie's played a better game.  But in the box you don't make a stupid mistake like that.

714162[/snapback]

714162[/snapback]

It was lousy, not for me but for anyone else. I was nervous till I saw #10 come on the field. I knew he would change the game for us.

714162[/snapback]

Whatever dude, you're Canadian. Don't worry, most people would try to be something else if they were Canadian, too.

The greasy Italians are the biggest flop and roll fags around. They are not the only ones, not by a long shot...But they are by far the worst. Their (or should I say 'Your') goal against the US was off of a set piece for a similar rediculous dive. It seems int'l soccer has become a battle of set pieces and free kicks, and every team just takes dives to try to set them up. It is frustrating to watch, and I am a soccer fan. I can't imagine how the casual fringe fans feel watching this crap.

Bruce Arena: "It's not my job to win world cups."

Really, bruce?? Well you know what? We better figure out whose fuggin job it IS then, cause obviously you're just holding back this team. What kind of crap is this??? I don't care that we're on a different, lower, level than the rest of the world....in sports, ANYTHING can happen, and it all starts with goal setting. Hell, even gregg williams knows that!! If you fall short, you fall short....but by GOD, you focus on the prize from DAY ONE. The fact that this guy is making excuses and talking out both sides of his mouth is ridiculous and embarrassing.....

This team will never get anywhere with this sort of loser mentality.

I'm right there with you, man....I love every minute of this stuff. But honestly, how many games in other sports can you watch in under 2 hrs? Most of the games I've watched have been around 1:50.....I love that aspect of the game. But I also just love the sport in general  :lol:

714146[/snapback]

The best part of all is that during the 1:50 or so, you can run some errands, wash the car, and take the dog for a walk, and still not miss anything. I've spent the last few Saturdays doing exactly that.

:blush::lol::lol:

The best part of all is that during the 1:50 or so, you can run some errands, wash the car, and take the dog for a walk, and still not miss anything.  I've spent the last few Saturdays doing exactly that.

:blush:  :lol:  :lol:

714202[/snapback]

:lol: