Shame on Buffalo

Saw this post on CBS SportsLine as a response to an article.

Shame on Buffalo

Posted by p0244848

May 22, 1:06 pm

In the past, we've had many fans from Montreal, Toronto, New Jersey etc, come down for playoff games. They were loud, boisterous, great fans and great people. The Buffalo contingent gives new meaning to no class. They came here, drank early and often, and were rude, obnoxious, and just plain nasty. Shame on you!

Reply to him here

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go away you big, bad men. Cry me a freakin river. If the Canes had won the game we wouldn't be hearing any of this. I'm sure some Sabres fans acted like asses and I'm pretty sure its the same guys that act like asses at the Ralph eight times a year. From all the complaing coming out of NC, you would think they burned the place down.

PS. The term "Caniac" is the fruitiest thing I have ever heard.

Gotta say this is a farce. My wife and child went to the season finale in Raleigh. We were heckled and to top it off a 60 year old "broad" stood up after buffalo's last goal and yelled to my family" go back to buffalo, no one wants you here". So don't let them spew that crap about "buffalo fans" are poor sports or whatever.

Shame on Buffalo 

Posted by p0244848

In the past, we've had many fans from Montreal, Toronto, New Jersey etc, come down for playoff games. They were loud, boisterous, great fans and great people. The Buffalo contingent gives new meaning to no class. They came here, drank early and often, and were rude, obnoxious, and just plain nasty. Shame on you!

695864[/snapback]

I love it! At first I thought it was a complement, until I got to the last part. Replace "Shame on you!" with "It was AWESOME!" and you'd have a great post.

But in reality, this clown lost all credibility in the first sentence. You know he's full of schit because he said they've had fans from New Jersey come down for games. The Devils play to 60% capacity in their own building!!! I'm suppposed to believe that NJ's 'fans' drove 10 hours to watch their boring-ass team play? Good try bro!

Shame on Buffalo 

Posted by p0244848

Reply to him here

695864[/snapback]

I hafta give the guy SOME credit. He was at least able to name 3 other NHL franchises, which is more that can be said for most of their "fans"

Funny how when i was visiting my uncle when they had their cup run, everyone was a fan, yet i still knew more about the team than most of them did.

we as buffalo fans seem to need to thicken up our skin a bit, who freaking cares if an opposing team fan says something like that, sheesh, not like we do not say the same thing about dolphin, jets. patsie fans, let it go folks, the scoreboard is where it matters...or was this just a veiled way to just start another sabres thread?

we as buffalo fans seem to need to thicken up our skin a bit, who freaking cares if an opposing team fan says something like that, sheesh, not like we do not say the same thing about dolphin, jets. patsie fans, let it go folks, the scoreboard is where it matters...or was this just a veiled way to just start another sabres thread?

695926[/snapback]

I think pretty much all fans need to thicken their skins a bit. I've been seeing so much of this whining about no respect a lot lately. These people need to start watching the damn game and get over themselves.

HEY!!! I sincerely hope that was not directed at me! Man you really piss me off with that kind of attitude....Bastard! ;):w00t::w00t:

I think pretty much all fans need to thicken their skins a bit.  I've been seeing so much of this whining about no respect a lot lately.  These people need to start watching the damn game and get over themselves.

695931[/snapback]

Personally, I could care less what this guy said. However, if any of this is true, it reflects poorly on Buffalo fans. The last thing I would want is to be lumped in with Philly fans. Drink, party, cheer our victorious team, and steal their women. Just don't be douches!!! ;)

695926[/snapback]

No doubt Pooj. Christ 75% of all people in NC now are from up north anyways. For those of you in NC, ask people and you will be hard pressed to find a native NCian.

Shame on Buffalo 

Posted by p0244848

Reply to him here

695864[/snapback]

The guy in the seats behind me was pissed.

He was with his family. He was profane. "I am not putting up with this sh--, I didn't pay all this money to sit in a Buffalo section." The other guys I was with turned around and said, "Sir, we are here to cheer our team, and enjoy the game, you are certainly in no danger." He and his family were gone by the third period. Yes, we were

drinking, but we were neither as profane as him, or as sulky. I didn't see anyone being rude to him, but dammit, we were going to cheer as loud as we could.

I think the guy was just discouraged that he ponied up $280 to bring his family to the conference finals and sat in a section where he was totally outnumbered. As for the Arena staff they were great. They keep people from returning to their seats during game action, and were ribbing the Buffalo fans by saying, "You are all welcome here as long as you keep spending your money."

Oh well. I still find all of this wildly entertaining.

He was with his family. He was profane. "I am not putting up with this sh--, I didn't pay all this money to sit in a Buffalo section." The other guys I was with turned around and said, "Sir, we are here to cheer our team, and enjoy the game, you are certainly in no danger." He and his family were gone by the third period. Yes, we were

drinking, but we were neither as profane as him, or as sulky. I didn't see anyone being rude to him, but dammit, we were going to cheer as loud as we could.

I think the guy was just discouraged that he ponied up $280 to bring his family to the conference finals and sat in a section where he was totally outnumbered. As for the Arena staff they were great. They keep people from returning to their seats during game action, and were ribbing the Buffalo fans by saying, "You are all welcome here as long as you keep spending your money."

695948[/snapback]

Yep.

695926[/snapback]

Yeah, right. When was the last time we gave anyone crap for "drinking early and often" ?!?!?

;)

695948[/snapback]

Yeah that bubba was long gone! I can understand his frustration - we owned that section.

I forgave the kid in the Sabres jersey who spilled my beer. Now if he was a Canes fan...

Go away you big, bad men. Cry me a freakin river. If the Canes had won the game we wouldn't be hearing any of this. I'm sure some Sabres fans acted like asses and I'm pretty sure its the same guys that act like asses at the Ralph eight times a year. From all the complaing coming out of NC, you would think they burned the place down.

PS. The term "Caniac" is the fruitiest thing I have ever heard.

695879[/snapback]

No, actually it was pretty bad. I've been going to a ton of Canes games down here, and I've never even seen a fight in Carolina. There were a ton of Sabres fans acting like fools on Saturday. It was actually kind of embarassing.

They are right, through Habs fans, Devils fans, and about 4,000 or so Leafs fans a game in the last run to the cup for the Canes, alot of the Buffalo fans showed their asses on Saturday, and it was pretty pathetic. I've never seen trouble in the RBC or in the parking lots to this extent until this series. Most were piss ass drunk too.

It's amazing what one can see when looking objective, as I'm not a fan of the Sabres or Canes.

Now.....that being said.......I can't wait til the same sh-- happens at the Ralph at the opener and we crank up the home field advantage. LOL