When did this board get so bitter?

CJPearl2

There may have been a couple questionable calls, but why is everyone going conspiracy theory on this game?

Why can't we as football fans be happy for a team winning theSuper Bowl? A team that was clearly better and was clearly going to win the game. Remember, if Big Ben doesn't throw that int (terrible pass by the way), this game ends in a rout.

This board and a lot of Bills fans have become so angry over the past year. Just relax. Enjoy the off-season and get ready for better football under Marv next year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There may have been a couple questionable calls, but why is everyone going conspiracy theory on this game?

Why can't we as football fans be happy for a team winning theSuper Bowl? A team that was clearly better and was clearly going to win the game. Remember, if Big Ben doesn't throw that int (terrible pass by the way), this game ends in a rout.

This board and a lot of Bills fans have become so angry over the past year. Just relax. Enjoy the off-season and get ready for better football under Marv next year.

596289[/snapback]

Because we're right. The NFL is all about marketing superstars and certain teams as of late, and you and I both know that Buffalo will NEVER be one of those "favored" teams.

Actually, i'll tune in tonight to ESPN and let them tell me if the game was good or not...or if the calls were bad or not? You see, ESPN and their vast array of talking heads are great at telling viewers how they should react to all things involving sports <sarcasm>.

I'm not bitter. If the TE makes a couple of more catches like he should have we would never be talking about this.

Seattle did not play good enough and the Steelers played just good enough to win.

It's not like the bad calls all came in a row and at the end of the game. Good teams over come bad calls. It happens all the time.

By the way-- No I'm not a Steelers fan! :(

Because we're right. The NFL is all about marketing superstars and certain teams as of late, and you and I both know that Buffalo will NEVER be one of those "favored" teams.

596303[/snapback]

What is the NFL thinking by marketing teams that DONT SUCK??!!? :(

596289[/snapback]

Because the NFL just took a crap on a game that I love. A game that I invest a lot of time, money, and emotion in. The fix was in. the NFL made a mockery of itself and it's fans.

How Droll. Or perhaps you've forgotten the SB years, where though we dominated the AFC, we always played second fiddle to the NFC champs heading into the SB.

596455[/snapback]

Exactly JSP - despite the fact that we also dominated the NFC in the regular season during that era. The Bills were 14-2 against NFC teams in regular season from '91-'94.

If the NFL is fixed, then why hasn't an ex-player written a tell all book about it? Second and thrid stringers could make a lot more money on a book like that than they could in an entire career.

Why hasn't a muckraking journalist written a book like that. He'd also make a ton of money and make a huge name for himself.

Why hasn't a politician used the "fixed" NFL as a politcal issue? A largely unknown Senator could suddenly be famous by calling a Congressional hearing on the subject, a la the steriod hearings in baseball.

If the whole thing is scripted, then why did the Steelers beat the Colts? Peyton Manning finally getting to the Super Bowl and Tony Dungy winning one after the death of his son would have made a much better story than Bettis going back to his hometown.

And why would the NFL choose a dying industrial city with a shrinking population as it's Super Bowl winner? A larger market would make more sense.

Look, I'm sorry some of you had a lot of money or a good chunk of your ego invested in the Seahawks ,and I'm not trying to insult you by saying this, but you sound like a bunch of fools.

If the NFL is fixed, then why hasn't an ex-player written a tell all book about it? Second and thrid stringers could make a lot more money on a book like that than they could in an entire career.

Why hasn't a muckraking journalist written a book like that. He'd also make a ton of money and make a huge name for himself.

Why hasn't a politician used the "fixed" NFL as a politcal issue? A largely unknown Senator could suddenly be famous by calling a Congressional hearing on the subject, a la the steriod hearings in baseball.

If the whole thing is scripted, then why did the Steelers beat the Colts? Peyton Manning finally getting to the Super Bowl and Tony Dungy winning one after the death of his son would have made a much better story than Bettis going back to his hometown.

And why would the NFL choose a dying industrial city with a shrinking population as it's Super Bowl winner? A larger market would make more sense.

Look, I'm sorry some of you had a lot of money or a good chunk of your ego invested in the Seahawks ,and I'm not trying to insult you by saying this, but you sound like a bunch of fools.

596559[/snapback]

Because the players are on the up and up... You heard what happened in 1919?

Don't even get the refs in the know... Just make all kinds of crazy rules that swing both ways.

Pittsburgh is very high tech... I doubt it is dying. It is amazing how much river traffic is coming out of there still... And that is just my line of work.

In the old industrial sense yes... But, Pitt is NO BUFFALO. Heck even Gary, IN is no Buffalo. :doh::lol:

The Felons may be my most despised team by far,

but no one (I said, NO ONE) is worse than Squeeler fans. :doh:

596300[/snapback]

I'm partial to Eagle fans...they talk a big game and strut like they've actually won something, but the only thing they got going for them is Mama McNabb. They are the worst in all of sport.

Because the players are on the up and up... You heard what happened in 1919?...

... But, Pitt is NO BUFFALO.

Yes, I've heard of what happened in 1919 because they got caught, which is exactly the point of my post. If the NFL was fixed, they would have been caught a long time ago.

Pittsburgh has suffered population loss, job loss and lack of growth that mirrors Buffalo. But my point is, if the NFL was going to "pick" a city to win the Super Bowl there are sexier choices than Pittsburgh. Why not pick the Cowboys or the Giants? Bigger cities, bigger fan bases and more exposure for the league.