24 premiere...

sfladave

It's possible the terrorists were aware of McGill's sisters problem and had this guy set her up, then was double crossed.  We don't know how well the two knew each other.

620067[/snapback]

I don't think it is.

Remember, the whole point for these guys was getting the nerve gas to Moscow. This whole attack the U.S. thing is their retaliation for getting double-crossed by their guy in the Logan administration.

Of course, this is an incredibly stupid move plot-wise because how is Robocop/Jack's old boss going to know anything about the terrorist backup plan that they're clearly coming up with as they go? :P Guess the writers are coming up with this stuff as they go too.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess the writers are coming up with this stuff as they go too.

620175[/snapback]

Yes. That is how 24 works. They don't plan out the whole "plot" of the season in advance like LOST. They write only 4 or 5 episodes ahead of when they film them...

Sometimes it makes for great TV (unexpected twists), other times it leaves some pretty big holes.

I don't think it is.

Remember, the whole point for these guys was getting the nerve gas to Moscow.  This whole attack the U.S. thing is their retaliation for getting double-crossed by their guy in the Logan administration.

Of course, this is an incredibly stupid move plot-wise because how is Robocop/Jack's old boss going to know anything about the terrorist backup plan that they're clearly coming up with as they go?  :P  Guess the writers are coming up with this stuff as they go too.

620175[/snapback]

If I wanted realistic, I would watch the History Channel.

24 is a action drama television show. It has a realistic flavor, but you're not supposed to swallow it whole.

24 is a action drama television show. It has a realistic flavor, but you're not supposed to swallow it whole.

620193[/snapback]

Hey, I love 24 but every now and then a plot hole comes along and hits me in the face like a 2x4. This season in particular is full of them and the quality has suffered because of it.

Basically the show is just a means of letting Jack Bauer teleport all over Los Angeles all day killing and torturing people. And I'm good with that, but the writers need to try a little harder to make sense.

Season one will always be the best because that's when they actually used the "real time" format. I don't see why it would take that much effort to sketch out the plot for all 24 episodes before they start filming.

620193[/snapback]

the show stopped becoming realistic when politicians started becoming so truthful :P

Hey, I love 24 but every now and then a plot hole comes along and hits me in the face like a 2x4.  This season in particular is full of them and the quality has suffered because of it.

Basically the show is just a means of letting Jack Bauer teleport all over Los Angeles all day killing and torturing people.  And I'm good with that, but the writers need to try a little harder to make sense. 

Season one will always be the best because that's when they actually used the "real time" format.  I don't see why it would take that much effort to sketch out the plot for all 24 episodes before they start filming.

620291[/snapback]

I agree that it's just stupid sometime (a LOT of the time)., After I watch, I always B word about how stupid it was...but, it still is compelling. Jack shooting Robocop's wife's leg makes it all worth while.

I agree that it's just stupid sometime (a LOT of the time).,  After I watch, I always B word about how stupid it was...but, it still is compelling.  Jack shooting Robocop's wife's leg makes it all worth while.

620313[/snapback]

Exactly. The violence and overall mayhem makes it enjoyable, even if you have to slap your forehead at least once an hour.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't watch this show constantly assessing whether what is going on could "really" happen or if it's consistent with the clock. The whole damn thing is fantasyland. At least most of you, despite your angst with the plot holes, recognize that it's still some of the best entertainment on the tube. :P

Maybe it's just me, but I don't watch this show constantly assessing whether what is going on could "really" happen or if it's consistent with the clock.  The whole damn thing is fantasyland.  At least most of you, despite your angst with the plot holes, recognize that it's still some of the best entertainment on the tube.  :P

620325[/snapback]

I don't watch it that way either. I understand the suspension of disbelief. But, sometimes things happen that are just SO silly, it breaks through.

The interpersonal stuff is really what makes me the maddest.

Robocop keeps saying that Jack doesn't want to hear what he knows. That leads me to believe that this whole terrorist plot goes way deeper than they've shown so far. The Russians may have intended to use the gas on Moscow, but someone higher up who's orchestrating the whole thing wanted them to use it in the US. We're only 11 hours in, there is still a lot to be revealed in this season.

Robocop keeps saying that Jack doesn't want to hear what he knows.  That leads me to believe that this whole terrorist plot goes way deeper than they've shown so far.  The Russians may have intended to use the gas on Moscow, but someone higher up who's orchestrating the whole thing wanted them to use it in the US.  We're only 11 hours in, there is still a lot to be revealed in this season.

620427[/snapback]

agreed, he said they have to believe the hospital was our main target so that they could go after the "real" target. I think the CTU headquarters was a target all along, not just a last minute change of plans because of the failed attack on the Russian President.

agreed, he said they have to believe the hospital was our main target so that they could go after the "real" target.  I think the CTU headquarters was a target all along, not just a last minute change of plans because of the failed attack on the Russian President.

620530[/snapback]

Try to remove the people that could prevent a bigger tragedy before you attack your big target.

Silent count....he's dead.

Plus, the Sopranos starts soon. Luis is needed elsewhere :w00t:

620845[/snapback]

what i found funny was that CTU were going down left and right but the second the big guy is in the contamination zone everyone is saying "oh my god".

what i found funny was that CTU were going down left and right but the second the big guy is in the contamination zone everyone is saying "oh my god".

620884[/snapback]

He's a big guy, maybe it took longer for it to work into his system.

620884[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. At least three other people ran up to the door and they just yelled at them to find a way out of the building, no emotion at all. Edgar runs up and suddenly they're all shocked and sad.

Robocop keeps saying that Jack doesn't want to hear what he knows.  That leads me to believe that this whole terrorist plot goes way deeper than they've shown so far. 

620427[/snapback]

that is the same formula for this show every year.

each season the guys that you think are running the terror project, are gone by episode 5....then you meet the next higher level....and they are gone by episode 12....and then you meet the next level....and they are gone by episode 20...and that sets the stage for the leader of the terror movement by episode 20 and a 4 hour show down with Jack Bauer.

I have seen every episode of this show each season, and i think it is entertaining, but it is really a bad show.

President Logan looks exactly like Nixon lol

619594[/snapback]

And acts like carter lol

I don't watch it that way either.  I understand the suspension of disbelief.  But, sometimes things happen that are just SO silly, it breaks through.

The interpersonal stuff is really what makes me the maddest.

620331[/snapback]

The touchy feely stuff is the only thing that bothers me about this show the last two seasons....there is a friggin terrorist group on the loose with chemical weapons and we're going to reminisce with Audrey???? either way i'm addicted to this show.