24 premiere...

sfladave

I have seen every episode of this show each season, and i think it is entertaining, but it is really a bad show.

621402[/snapback]

That's probably the best description of the show I've heard thus far. Completely terrible and very entertaining.

Again, the exception is season one where we had Ira Gaines and his crazy eye twitch as the main villian for the first 13 episodes, and Dennis Hopper and his two crazy sons as the villians the rest of the way.

You have to love when they get to episode 20 every year and whoever the hell the villian is at that point is proud of his (unnecessarily overcomplicated and ridiculous) plan. What the hell kind of plan has 300 steps, could be stopped at any point over 24 hours, and requires terrorists of at least 3 distinct nationalities/backgrounds to take part in it?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to love when they get to episode 20 every year and whoever the hell the villian is at that point is proud of his (unnecessarily overcomplicated and ridiculous) plan. 

621416[/snapback]

Ha. Reminds me of every scene in a James Bond movie in which the villain has captured 007 and placed him in some ridiculously over-complicated mechanism of death, and then said villain leaves before the deed is done and <surprise> Bond escapes.

And acts like carter lol

The touchy feely stuff is the only thing that bothers me about this show the last two seasons....there is a friggin terrorist group on the loose with chemical weapons and we're going to reminisce with Audrey???? either way i'm addicted to this show.

621409[/snapback]

my favorite part of the show is when Jack interrogates people. Shooting one guy in the knee cap, shooting nina meyers right next to her head, breaking a guys fingers, it's just too entertaining to watch Jack lose it on people. I'm curious to know how many people who were on 24 didn't get a gun pointed to them from Jack.

So much for the love scenes between Edgar and Chloe .... or for that matter their tea session scheduled for the end of the day

621991[/snapback]

i just saw an article that said, that scene with edgar was the saddest tv moment. i found it hilarious. next week i think another member of the starring cast will die to save the rest, it better not be Tony or Kim or Jack for that matter.

That's probably the best description of the show I've heard thus far.  Completely terrible and very entertaining.

Again, the exception is season one where we had Ira Gaines and his crazy eye twitch as the main villian for the first 13 episodes, and Dennis Hopper and his two crazy sons as the villians the rest of the way.

You have to love when they get to episode 20 every year and whoever the hell the villian is at that point is proud of his (unnecessarily overcomplicated and ridiculous) plan.  What the hell kind of plan has 300 steps, could be stopped at any point over 24 hours, and requires terrorists of at least 3 distinct nationalities/backgrounds to take part in it?

621416[/snapback]

And they let the chick go down to the basement to 'investigate' L O L . Run toward the danger run toward the danger!!!

And naturally---in CTU--in the midst of the most sophistocated technology in the world---they dont have a video camera in all the rooms --being monitored all the time. Hell--piggly wiggly markets have that down.

And they let the chick go down to the basement to 'investigate'  L O L . Run toward the danger run toward the danger!!!

And naturally---in CTU--in the midst of the most sophistocated technology in the world---they dont have a video camera  in all the rooms --being monitored all the time. Hell--piggly wiggly markets have that down.

621994[/snapback]

naturally CTU, which is one of the top government agencies and always seems to be in touch with the president has as much security as a fresh unpatched windows xp.

And they let the chick go down to the basement to 'investigate'  L O L . Run toward the danger run toward the danger!!!

And naturally---in CTU--in the midst of the most sophistocated technology in the world---they dont have a video camera  in all the rooms --being monitored all the time. Hell--piggly wiggly markets have that down.

621994[/snapback]

it is entertaining, but it is really a bad show.
:rolleyes:

621994[/snapback]

Actually, the worst was that the guy's giant bag o' Sentox with knife went in unchecked. Even if he's CTU his bag should merit a scan. Remember last year when the hitman sent to get Jack in CTU had to have his bag scanned? Why not this guy who's never even been called to this district? The keycard's enough? No "who are you, what's your business here?"

Yeah, pretty ridiculous.

that is the same formula for this show every year.

each season the guys that you think are running the terror project, are gone by episode 5....then you meet the next higher level....and they are gone by episode 12....and then you meet the next level....and they are gone by episode 20...and that sets the stage for the leader of the terror movement by episode 20 and a 4 hour show down with Jack Bauer.

621402[/snapback]

I think Robocop will stick around for a while. There's way too much that they can do with his Jack's mentor character. Killing him off or getting rid of him before the end of the season would be a waste.

I think Robocop will stick around for a while.  There's way too much that they can do with his Jack's mentor character.  Killing him off or getting rid of him before the end of the season would be a waste.

622152[/snapback]

They did put him right next to Tony who just made Bill swear to "not let him cut a deal". It wouldn't shock me to see Tony kill Robocop (or at least try to) while everyone is stuck in the lockdown.

i just saw an article that said, that scene with edgar was the saddest tv moment.  i found it hilarious.  next week i think another member of the starring cast will die to save the rest, it better not be Tony or Kim or Jack for that matter.

621993[/snapback]

Nah, it'll be the Hobbit. He'll sacrifice himself to save everyone because it's the only way he can get redemption for getting nearly everyone at CTU killed by losing his keycard.

My thoughts exactly.  At least three other people ran up to the door and they just yelled at them to find a way out of the building, no emotion at all.  Edgar runs up and suddenly they're all shocked and sad.

621277[/snapback]

Some people are more important than others

i just saw an article that said, that scene with edgar was the saddest tv moment.  i found it hilarious.  next week i think another member of the starring cast will die to save the rest, it better not be Tony or Kim or Jack for that matter.

621993[/snapback]

I think it would be great for Tony to take the hit. He has to be the biggest screw-up in CTU-TV history.

I think it would be great for Tony to take the hit.  He has to be the biggest screw-up in CTU-TV history.

622448[/snapback]

nah tony rocks, and he will be back on a provisional basis just like everyone else at CTU. no full time jobs offered

Nah, it'll be the Hobbit. He'll sacrifice himself to save everyone because it's the only way he can get redemption for getting nearly everyone at CTU killed by losing his keycard.

622244[/snapback]

but then the ring will never be destroyed :)

Anyone else think that Kim's psychiatrist boyfriend was planted by Robocop? He keeps going on and on to Jack about how much he's looked into taking care of Kim during Jack's hiatus.

I also think that they've done a good job of showing us how tough Robocop is to the point where even drugs won't make him talk. That was set up to show us that the grieving Tony -- who blames RoboCop for what he did to Michelle -- will get some measure of revenge in MAKING him talk. That could also provide us with some dramatic moment when Tony realizes that he was "inadevertantly" invlolved by spilling the beans to the wrong person that Jack was still alive.

Anyone else think that Kim's psychiatrist boyfriend was planted by Robocop? He keeps going on and on to Jack about how much he's looked into taking care of Kim during Jack's hiatus.

I also think that they've done a good job of showing us how tough Robocop is to the point where even drugs won't make him talk. That was set up to show us that the grieving Tony -- who blames RoboCop for what he did to Michelle -- will get some measure of revenge in MAKING him talk. That could also provide us with some dramatic moment when Tony realizes that he was "inadevertantly" invlolved by spilling the beans to the wrong person that Jack was still alive.

623549[/snapback]

if someone hadn't told me that the boyfriend was C. Thomas Howell, i never would have known. :lol:

623549[/snapback]

Actually, I think they're going to make Robocop look that much tougher by having him escape from CTU after being tortured. If Nina (trained by Jack, I think) and Jack (trained by Robocop) can break out of holding, Robocop damn well better break out too.

its really crappy melodrama that tries to sound edgy and hi tech

The IP address is 10..x.x.x and is TCP Firewalled! I'm going to have to hack it :lol:

The only reason's i've been watching were to see how Samwise Gamgees (aka Sean Aston, aka i dunno what his 24 name is) does, and the hopes of catching a glimpse of Elisha Cuthbert :huh::lol:

Elisha, will you marry me :lol: