Vince Young to Buffalo

major

Trade our 8th pick in the 1st round and our 3rd round pick (from Tennessee), along with JP Losman, to the Saints for the number 2 pick in the NFL draft.

With that pick, select QB Vince Young. I seem to remember Mularkey doing some pretty good things with Kordell Stewart in Pittsburgh. Even in his prime, Kordell wasn't half the player of Vince Young.

The rest of the draft we can use to shore up our O-line and D-line.

On a side note, I was happy to see that we brought Tory Woodbury back. I hope he gets a chance to compete for the starting job at training camp.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sld on Vince Young. He's not Michael Vick fast, has a relatively unorthodox throwing motion and mechanics, and those college runs untouched to the endzone will be met with violent collisions in the NFL.

One plus is that in the interviews with him after his win over USC in the "Rose", he seemd to be a man of character.

With that said, he'll probably be a star someday....and a punk....

I was thinking about posting an over/under thread on how long it would take for a "Bring Vince Young to Buffalo" thread to be born....

Whats next? Bring Aaron Brooks and Marcus Vick to Buffalo at the same time? Wait, that was already done too!

Free Agency and the Draft cannot come soon enough ;):w00t:

Vince Young is not an NFL QB. His mechanics would have him killed in the NFL.

Most scouts have him as a WR or RB...

The Bills will never waste another pick on a R1 QB with JP on the roster... I've said it before and I'll say it again - the LINE is where our focus WILL be on draft day.

I was thinking about posting an over/under thread on how long it would take for a "Bring Vince Young to Buffalo" thread to be born....

Whats next?  Bring Aaron Brooks and Marcus Vick to Buffalo at the same time?  Wait, that was already done too!

Free Agency and the Draft cannot come soon enough  ;)  :w00t:

560710[/snapback]

well if we had brooks and vick we could have QB cousins maybe a first in the NFL :doh:

Actually I think POST free agency and POST draft cant come soon enough

Trade our 8th pick in the 1st round and our 3rd round pick (from Tennessee), along with JP Losman, to the Saints for the number 2 pick in the NFL draft.

With that pick, select QB Vince Young. I seem to remember Mularkey doing some pretty good things with Kordell Stewart in Pittsburgh. Even in his prime, Kordell wasn't half the player of Vince Young.

The rest of the draft we can use to shore up our O-line and D-line.

On a side note, I was happy to see that we brought Tory Woodbury back. I hope he gets a chance to compete for the starting job at training camp.

560672[/snapback]

How about trading the 8th pick for the 30th pick in the first and 2nd, then trade the 30th pick for a 2nd and a 3rd and draft every fricking OL we can, so that maybe they get one or two that can start. ;)

Yeah, let's draft ANOTHER quarterback and ignore the lines yet again.

Even better, let's trade up to draft a guy who has bust written all over him.  You know, because he played great in a college National Championship game against a team who has zero pass rush.

560704[/snapback]

But it worked for Ken Dorsey... Oh wait.. :doh::w00t:;)

I dunno about Young. On the one hand, it's true that his mechanics are awful - one would think it would be impossible for him to succeed with that throwing motion in the NFL. However, he's done it for 2+ years against very, very good competition in college. Granted, I haven't seen too many games where he had constant pressure in his face, but still - he seems to be able to get it done. He reminds me of a more athletic Steve McNair. I'm betting he becomes a successful QB.

But not with the Bills. Stop with the nonsense.

The Bills should never draft another college player - ever.

There have just been too many busts to even attempt another chance.

Trade all the picks and then cover our heads in a hidey-hole on Draft day and watch the other franchises make mistake after mistake.

It's the only way to not get hurt. ;)

Yeah, let's draft ANOTHER quarterback and ignore the lines yet again.

Even better, let's trade up to draft a guy who has bust written all over him.  You know, because he played great in a college National Championship game against a team who has zero pass rush.

560704[/snapback]

I don't think he changed his draft position at all from that game. He was top-5 before and top-5 now. And I'd always prefer a guy who makes plays to win than a guy with the same talent who doesn't win as much.

I don't think he changed his draft position at all from that game.  He was top-5 before and top-5 now.  And I'd always prefer a guy who makes plays to win than a guy with the same talent who doesn't win as much.

560788[/snapback]

You're right. Someone was going to make the mistake of drafting him in the Top 5 no matter what. It'll still be a mistake. The NFL quarterback road is paved with guys like Vince Young.

Alot of people are far more enamored with Young now, though most aren't football people.

You're right.  Someone was going to make the mistake of drafting him in the Top 5 no matter what.  It'll still be a mistake.  The NFL quarterback road is paved with guys like Vince Young.

Alot of people are far more enamored with Young now, though most aren't football people.

560821[/snapback]

Andre Ware says hi.

i always find it ridiculous when i hear or read people telling a QB will not succeed in the NFL because he has poor mechanics. This is not figure skating, this is football guys, as long as the ball finishes in the hands of a receiver the pass is complete!

I think that a lot of so called "QB busts" have their roots in the conservative style of 90% of the NFL head coach. From Flutie to Kordell, from Brooks to Leftwich it's a shame so many talented QBS have never been able to really showcase their talent in the NFL because tehy were not classic pocket QBs. I'm afraid the same is waiting for A Smith, V Young or Vick junior, that's why college football is most of the time a lot better show than the NFL, free Qbs , creativity, instinctive play is what make football fun.