Tim Krumrie

I noticed that Tim Krumrie was fired as the Defensive Line Coach. I was wondering (if anybody knows) is this because the administration (including MM) thought that he wasn't doing his job well? Or was it that there needed to be a shake up and Krumrie was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I guess you could bring up the other assistant coaches with the same issue. I believe the only coaches that definitely warranted being fired were the OC and the DC.

Can anybody enlighten me about this? Does anybody know?

I noticed that Tim Krumrie was fired as the Defensive Line Coach.  I was wondering (if anybody knows) is this because the administration (including MM) thought that he wasn't doing his job well?  Or was it that there needed to be a shake up and Krumrie was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I guess you could bring up the other assistant coaches with the same issue.  I believe the only coaches that definitely warranted being fired were the OC and the DC. 

Can anybody enlighten me about this?  Does anybody know?

556838[/snapback]

He was actually one coach that I liked. I know that the D-line didnt do too well this year, but look what he had to work with!

He was actually one coach that I liked.  I know that the D-line didnt do too well this year, but look what he had to work with!

556845[/snapback]

He also had more personality that anybody on the team. I will truly miss watching this nut on the sidelines on a 20 degree day with no coat. :lol:

Coach K is a badass. I truly hate to see him go. :P

I noticed that Tim Krumrie was fired as the Defensive Line Coach.  I was wondering (if anybody knows) is this because the administration (including MM) thought that he wasn't doing his job well?  Or was it that there needed to be a shake up and Krumrie was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I guess you could bring up the other assistant coaches with the same issue.  I believe the only coaches that definitely warranted being fired were the OC and the DC. 

Can anybody enlighten me about this?  Does anybody know?

556838[/snapback]

#1) Have any of the coaching changes been confirmed?

#2) Why did you like him, because he wore a T-shirt in 40 degree weather and wrestled guys? I was always a little suprised with the love shown that guy here . Not saying I didn't like him, but what the hell do I know about D-Line coaching and how one is performing.

But I agree, I think he jas had little to work with.

He also had more personality that anybody on the team. I will truly miss watching this nut on the sidelines on a 20 degree day with no coat.  :lol:

Coach K is a badass. I truly hate to see him go.  :P

556847[/snapback]

I loved watching him sprint to and from the tunnel before the game and at halftime. He seemed like he was more into games than most of the players!

I loved watching him sprint to and from the tunnel before the game and at halftime.  He seemed like he was more into games than most of the players!

556850[/snapback]

I agree. I cannot critique his coaching abilities, but I liked his attitude. I did not know he was a bad coach. :lol:

I loved watching him sprint to and from the tunnel before the game and at halftime.  He seemed like he was more into games than most of the players!

556850[/snapback]

I thought he was great, too... he was entertaining. I loved the fact that all defensive lineman had to wrestle him, all the sideline antics and his enthusiasm.

He certainly brought enthusiasm but I doubt any of us know what type of teacher (sorry to use the Greggo term) or coach he was.

I would guess that firing a coach as popular as Tim was means he was weak in other areas.

Apparently it was determined that having a D-lineman wrestle his position coach isn't necessarily the best way to assess talent.

556862[/snapback]

I thought Studesville shot Roman Candles at the RB's at the combine while they run the 40, and the one who got hit the least, we would draft?

Maybe the defensive coordinator to be has his own guys in mind...

btw I very much like Krumrie as well

556899[/snapback]

Bingo... I think Krumrie was/is on marked time much like Jerry Gray. The holdovers from the GW regime make no sense after such a dismal season. If Gray goes so does Krumrie...

HOWEVER- I don't believe yet that all these rumours are true... I think we'll find out Monday who's been fired and will have to wait until after the Superbowl to discover replacements.

If I remember right, he made all defensive lineman have a wrestling match with him and at least "held his own".

556883[/snapback]

Rumor is that Marv beat him in a thumb wrestling match and the humiliated Krumrie resigned on the spot.

I agree with the above poster who questioned the lovefest for the guy?

Because he had "that intense look" - so what? Is he a glorified cheerleader?

What the hell do any of us really know about his duties and how well he carried them out? Maybe he was such an egomaniac (his wrestling stunt indicates that this could be possible)that the troops were turned off by him and he wasn't able to get the most out of their talents. Maybe he was a crappy teacher of technique. Maybe he had adult ADD. Maybe he snored in the film room or stuck gum under the meeting table.

Screw him. Let's give him an award for most improved "predominantly-white-guy-high-motor-D-line" in the NFL and send him on his way with a one way plane ticket and a bucket of wings.

I noticed that Tim Krumrie was fired as the Defensive Line Coach.

556838[/snapback]

As of noon on Jan 6th Krumrie is still an employee of the Buffalo Bills.

I would suspect that he will remain an employee until after the Gray decision, which also has not been made as of noon, contrary to other reports on this board.

On a superficial level I always associated Krumrie with Mauk - demonstrative and fun to watch on the sideline but when you strip that away what is left in terms of coaching ability?

On a superficial level I always associated Krumrie with Mauk - demonstrative and fun to watch on the sideline but when you strip that away what is left in terms of coaching ability?

557195[/snapback]

Amen! Where exactly was Krumrie's impact on the DL...

Kelsay's regression from 2004? This guy was inivisible in 2005. :w00t:

Adams controlling his weight to somewhere under 400 pounds? Nice commitment. :w00t:

Turning Anderson or Bannan into serviceable tackles in light of Edwards getting hurt? <_<

I don't care about his wrestling test that is supposedly gospel in terms of telling whether a prospect can become a NFL star and I don't care that he walks around in short sleeves in December and I don't care that he acts like a raving lunatic. Like the old saying goes, "If we can lose with the guys we have now, we can certainly lose without them".

Amen!  Where exactly was Krumrie's impact on the DL...

Kelsay's regression from 2004?  This guy was inivisible in 2005. :w00t:

Adams controlling his weight to somewhere under 400 pounds?  Nice commitment. :w00t:

Turning Anderson or Bannan into serviceable tackles in light of Edwards getting hurt? <_<

I don't care about his wrestling test that is supposedly gospel in terms of telling whether a prospect can become a NFL star and I don't care that he walks around in short sleeves in December and I don't care that he acts like a raving lunatic.  Like the old saying goes, "If we can lose with the guys we have now, we can certainly lose without them".

557212[/snapback]

It's pretty incredible that we often decide we think a coach is good or not by what he looks like, his facial expressions, how he handles the media, what his weight is, and whether or not he is crafty with a one-liner. Very little of this seems to have to do with coaching techniques or results on the field, but maybe that's just me.

It's pretty incredible that we often decide we think a coach is good or not by what he looks like, his facial expressions, how he handles the media, what his weight is, and whether or not he is crafty with a one-liner. Very little of this seems to have to do with coaching techniques or results on the field, but maybe that's just me.

557258[/snapback]

That's just all we have to judge them by, since none of us can properly do coach (or player) evaluations.

Carl Mauck looked like Hoss Cartwright and acted like Chris Farley, so we noticed him.

Krumrie was the obviously intense tough guy, so he got our attention (and affection) as well.

Oh BTW, the "Krumrie wrestling thing" was a test Tim used to do with potential draftees to see if they were worthy DLs. He would wrestle each guy to test him.

I guess he did the same thing with his D-line charges when the Bills had their "free day" (or whatever) at training camp.

If I remember right, he made all defensive lineman have a wrestling match with him and at least "held his own".

556883[/snapback]

That's the problem right there. If a 40-year-old is holding his own against 20-somethings, we've got the wrong 20-somethings on the roster.

Also, there's a rumor circulating that Krumrie insisted upon showing video from the Super Bowl of his broken leg flailing around in the air before every team film session. Many of the D-linemen would become nauseous and vomit, ruining everyone's focus on preparation for the upcoming game.

Apparently it was determined that having a D-lineman wrestle his position coach isn't necessarily the best way to assess talent.

556862[/snapback]

Didn't Krumrie jump on Keith McKenzie's back (or was it someone else?) to see if he was healthy enough to come back in training camp?

if krumrie has the SLIGHTEST thing to do with our selects of anderson and banaan, and letting pat and ted washington go (was he here when that happened), and over looking all the DTs that have come through here for FA and drafting then he can go

In Krumrie’s case, checking kids out, means working kids out — and over. He took a course in hand-to-hand combat in the summer of 1999 and makes good use of his knowledge.

“Choke holds, Street fighting, self defense, all that stuff,” explains Krumrie.

http://www.salisburypost.com/2001april/040101london.htm

if krumrie has the SLIGHTEST thing to do with our selects of anderson and banaan, and letting pat and ted washington go (was he here when that happened), and over looking all the DTs that have come through here for FA and drafting then he can go

557554[/snapback]

Krumrie was quite involved in "approving" Tim Anderson per the reports at the time, but I don't know about Banaan.

If you remember, Krumrie wanted out when GW was fired. The Bills wouldn't let him out of his contract at the time. In view of the changes, his job performance notwithstanding, he likely wanted out again. No way does Marv allow anyone to stay that wants out... coach or player.

My take is that he really didn't want to be here and Marv gives him his wish.

If you remember, Krumrie wanted out when GW was fired.  The Bills wouldn't let him out of his contract at the time.  In view of the changes, his job performance notwithstanding, he likely wanted out again.  No way does Marv allow anyone to stay that wants out... coach or player.

My take is that he really didn't want to be here and Marv gives him his wish.

558051[/snapback]

That changes when you are GM. You invest time, signing bonus (players) and guarenteed salaries (coaches). At the very minimum you need to buy your way out. If Willis has a great season next year and Rosenass wants out, do you think Marv is going to say "Go. I know you are unhappy and because Miami lost its backs to prison, you are welcome to go to Miami?" Nope. At minimum a player is traded and a coach goes because the coach agrees to resign.