If you don't think winning 1 extra game can lead

Albany,n.y.

But confidence for whom?

543188[/snapback]

How about McGee, who's confidence at CB just elevated a notch? Or Josh Reed, who may finally be turning the corner on his career? Or Roscoe, who made his first meaningful play as a Bill? Or Jim Leonhard and Eric King, who look better and better each week?

You're right, the win won't do much for the Bennie Andersons' and Sam Adams' of the world, but winning always has a positive value for young guys and backups that may soon be starters.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to point out that having Ben R. here would just have resulted in the same result....

Ben fell into a wonderful situation. A team that beleived in a strong O line....a power running game....and great defense.

We would be calling Ben R. an absolute flop had he came here.....

543029[/snapback]

[/quo

only partially true.had we drafted big ben we wouldn't have traded our #1 pick away the next year to dallas,and we could of had a 1st round o-lineman or defensive tackle this year.

I would just like to point out that having Ben R. here would just have resulted in the same result....

Ben fell into a wonderful situation.  A team that beleived in a strong O line....a power running game....and great defense.

543029[/snapback]

at a minimum, the Bills would not have blown THREE draft picks on their bench sitting QB of the future.

maybe some OL help or a stud pass rusher could have been acquired

Whatever man.  We can say all week that it is better to lose, it will help our draft slot, etc.  It's all a bunch of B.S.  We're setting ourselves up for the loss we all think is coming.  I knew the game meant nothing, and losing can help the future team via draft selections.  But once the game starts, losing never seemed like a good idea.  I was so happy watching McGee return the kick and the pick....And I had money on the Bengals!!! :D  It was a wonderful Xmas surprise-- frustrating, yes, because we knew this team was capable of playing with the big dogs, they just never actually proved it. 

I've seen the Bills fold so many times and lose games exactly like Saturday's game.  That's why I was so happy they won. 

And by the way, it's not where you draft, it's who you draft.  The shtty Patriots are down to 4th stringers at some positions, and they've been drafting last in each round.

543102[/snapback]

Totally agree 100%. The draft is a crap shoot as we all know with Mike Williams. Better to win now and hope to get lucky in the draft. Way too many first round busts over the years to play this game.

Bennett was a top-tier pick, but so was Drew Bledsoe.  You get'em how you get'em. 

543083[/snapback]

Only because it suits your argument. Bennett cost the Bills a ton of draft picks and a 1000 yard rusher. Bledsoe "only" cost one #1 pick because he was old and coming off some disappointing seasons.

TD would not have recognized Big Ben for the QB that he is and would not have selected him anyway.

543492[/snapback]

It's been said in many places that TD tried to trade up ahead of Pittsburgh to draft Roethlisberger & got turned down because the guys those teams wanted were still on the board & they were afraid they wouldn't be there at 13. So-he did recognize his talent but was unable to trade up for him. Donahoe basically said as much the day of the draft.

By the way, to answer another post here, Mike Williams is not a good example that the draft is a crapshoot-A crapshoot is choosing a guy at pick 4 with a weight problem & trying to justify it to the media by saying he's naturally big. Any college player over 350 pounds should never be a top 5 pick. TD didn't pay attention to his weight & the fact that anyone that big at that young an age usually has some sort of motivational problem-otherwise he would weigh less. It was a pick that a GM with more common sense wouldn't have made.

Well said--though I think Bush will be a bust. He's not an every down back in the NFL. My gut tells me bust along the lines of Ki-Jana Carter.

I hope we get a lower draft pick. I'd rather have a mid-rounder and get a quality corner or lineman, rather than a top 5 skill player and build from scratch again.

543212[/snapback]

ki-jana carter would not have been a bust if he hadn't badly torn up his knee in preseason his first year. don't forget that ...

TD would not have recognized Big Ben for the QB that he is and would not have selected him anyway.

543492[/snapback]

When did BR become Joe Montana? The Steelers run the ball 50 times a game with a very controlled passing game and an all-pro receiver to boot. Ben doesn't do anything spectacular, he just doesn't lose games for them.

When did BR become Joe Montana?  The Steelers run the ball 50 times a game with a very controlled passing game and an all-pro receiver to boot.  Ben doesn't do anything spectacular, he just doesn't lose games for them.

543923[/snapback]

That logic would stand to reason if Steelers had the exact same output in the games when BR was injured. But, of course they didn't, and the vaunted running game disappeared overnight when the opposing defenses showed no respect for Batch or Maddox.

Ben fell into a wonderful situation.  A team that beleived in a strong O line....a power running game....and great defense.

543029[/snapback]

Don't even bother. Too many football Einstein's just can't see anything past the QB position. You are wasting your time pointing out that a QB can't be judged properly when playing behind a lousy line and in front of a lousy OC.

Don't even bother.  Too many football Einstein's just can't see anything past the QB position.  You are wasting your time pointing out that a QB can't be judged properly when playing behind a lousy line and in front of a lousy OC.

544113[/snapback]

That's because guys like Brady, Roethlisberger, Favre, and Manning don't need good offensive lines. Heck, they've played most of their careers behind subpar lines similar to what the Bills have.

Absolutely disagree...

Would he have the same success in Buffalo? Maybe not...

Is he 50 times the QB JP is right now...yep he sure is...Big Ben has taken his share of beatings in Pittsburgh already too...He's just a better QB at this point...Well...a MUCH better QB at this point...

Sorry...there is a MAJOR difference in Players...Yes I understand there is a difference in Teams also...Just not 40 points in QB Rating difference...Heck KH has a much better output with this Offense, why would you think Big Ben would not do the same? :lol:

543060[/snapback]

I disagree.

You put David Carr behind that Pitt line and his stats will be much improved. TO assume Ben is doing this all by himself is silly.

I disagree.

You put David Carr behind that Pitt line and his stats will be much improved. TO assume Ben is doing this all by himself is silly.

544130[/snapback]

He is.

Why are you people all hung up on the offensive and defensive lines? They're fine; no big deal.