BREAKING NEWS

pdh1

He was still a kid and this is the kind of website a kid would put up.

I'm more surprised that the son of an NFL head coach would be attending a community college. I mean, if George W. Bush could get into Yale...

540207[/snapback]

Remember Gregg Williams and the running backs coach missing practice to take their kids together to Princeton?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea but all that doesn't make one worldy.....Don't know who has a website like that but I'd lay dollars to donuts that they are all talkin the slack and from what I've read he just didn't get to hop on the plane whenever he wished, take snapshots with the pres. big deal I can do that for a $200  donation at election time.......I never blamed 50 cent just the whole sub-culture.....It's funny how the hip-hop world fails to execpt any blame for the crap they promote....thats like saying the greatful dead never caused anyone to drop acid...just plan ludicris.........

540233[/snapback]

Then how come people hearing love songs and seeing other people always wearing clean clothes doesn't make everyone love each other more, or make everyone take more showers or use their iron more?

I hope those who are passing on the links of condolence threads to the Colts organization have enough sense to actually read it before linking it. I am ashamed of some of the people who have posted here.

A young man is dead. Family and friends grieve that loss. Show at least a minimum of compassion, of human decency.

I hope those who are passing on the links of condolence threads to the Colts organization have enough sense to actually read it before linking it. I am ashamed of some of the people who have posted here.

A young man is dead. Family and friends grieve that loss. Show at least a minimum of compassion, of human decency.

540272[/snapback]

Well said, wnyguy. Judge not, lest ye be judged. Myself, I choose to mourn rather than judge.

What a terrible tragedy - no matter when - but especially at this time of year.

Condolences to the Dungy family.

Well said, wnyguy.  Judge not, lest ye be judged.  Myself, I choose to mourn rather than judge.

What a terrible tragedy - no matter when - but especially at this time of year.

Condolences to the Dungy family.

540292[/snapback]

I don't know if you were talking about me, but I wasn't judging him by his myspace. I know that those sites aren't necessarily an indication of what kind of person he is. I was simply saying that the name "DC snipers" after the word "hero" deserves a :doh: no matter if he was serious or not.

I don't know if you were talking about me, but I wasn't judging him by his myspace.  I know that those sites aren't necessarily an indication of what kind of person he is.  I was simply saying that the name DC snipers after the word "hero" deserves a  :doh:  no matter if he was serious or not.

540300[/snapback]

No no no - I wasn't talking about you - or anyone else in particular - in fact I go out of my way to avoid one-on-one confrontations on the board - I was just stating my own feelings and condolences.

No, I actually think it's more a reflection of America's fixation with celebrities. Hundreds of people die a tragic death every day (and I won't even get into the aspect of sucide being a selfish act.) People seem to pick and choose what constitutes a RIP post based on the level of celebrity. Someone posts RIP John Candy and it gets 100 response. Someone else may post a RIP random 80's one hit wonder star and it might get 5. Meanwhile, 99 other people may have just died as well but you'll never hear or give a passing thought to it.

I feel for the Dungy family, but no more then I feel for the other family who lost a son today and I never will base my feelings of a death on the level of celebrity. Anytime you do it is for purely selfish reasons and you're no better then others who have a different response.

540162[/snapback]

I think you missed my point. I wasn't referring to the volume of responses, but the repsonse itself. And whether it was directed towards celebrity or not does not matter. It was in poor form, dripped with self absorption, and was IMHO a microcosm of larger societal issues. Whether you're on a football board or not, and whether you believe it does any good or not, the lack of any compassion and the callousnous in the response tells me all I need to know.

Geez.  You know, I was going to avoid suggesting they look under the couch for him...but your post makes that look relatively tame...

540109[/snapback]

You know its a rough thread when you add a relatively compassionate voice...

Merry Christmas, Scrooge Monkey.... :D

Condolences and prayers to the Dungy's

I think you missed my point.  I wasn't referring to the volume of responses, but the repsonse itself.  And whether it was directed towards celebrity or not does not matter.  It was in poor form, dripped with self absorption, and was IMHO a microcosm of larger societal issues.  Whether you're on a football board or not,  and whether you believe it does any good or not, the lack of any compassion and the callousnous in the response tells me all I need to know.

540330[/snapback]

If you're going that direction with it then I disagree this is emblematic of society. How many responses in this thread had a apathetic attitude and how many had a feeling compassion? If you take the percentage I'd make the arguement that society in general seems to be overall very compassionate.

One more example of how this is a pretty cruel world, and only the strong survive.

539947[/snapback]

No, only the lucky survive. Life is not fair.

Hug your kid, your mom, your wife, your dad - every time you get the chance.

If you're going that direction with it then I disagree this is emblematic of society. How many responses in this thread had a apathetic attitude and how many had a feeling compassion? If you take the percentage I'd make the arguement that society in general seems to be overall very compassionate.

540347[/snapback]

We can agree to disagree. I think there are signs all over the place that indicate a slow downward degradation in societal standards and the way people treat each other. I don't believe it to be a majority, but I do perceive a growing trend of this self absorption, entitlement type of attitude prevailing throughout.