BREAKING NEWS

pdh1

tradesports lets you trade contracts on outcomes instead of straight risk with a central book.

it gives you a much better value, and a good shot at flattening out your position during the game (for example, when the bills score on the opening drive you can dump your contract or even go short to bet against them cheaper.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievably sad, and not to turn this in to a soapbox, but the job of an NFL coach has always struck me as a job not worth having, unless your single with no kids. I cannot help but think that his living in Indy, with his family in Tampa, cannot be a good thing. And evn if they are in the same city, you have six months of the year of NOT spending ANY time with your family. Now, I know these guys get some serious jack, but dam thats a ton of sacrifice .

540000[/snapback]

I understand this kid, at 18 years old, possibly had a lot of thoughts about his father not being there for him, or loving football more than him, etc (not trying to play psychologist here.) What strikes me is he has three younger siblings: 1 in middle school, 1 in kindergarten, and 1 in preschool. It's a shame he couldn't take what he was feeling about his father being absent (if that even was the case), and turning it into a positive- being a role model for his younger brothers. Those poor youngsters are going to have a hard time understanding this.

Always a horrible tragedy; the time of year compounds it...Good luck and Holiday Blessings to the Dungys.

Colin, I know i'm in the minority here, but that was one of my first thoughts to. Call it blood money, or whatever else ya want, but day to day life goes on.

Thought about the lines when Katrina hit as well.

FWIW, my online book still has em at 5-6 to win the bowl

540067[/snapback]

By all accounts, Dungy is a great guy, beloved by his players. IMO if anything, the team will be resolved to winning it all for their coach.

But I digress,

RIP James Dungy :doh:

It is disgusting that some of you are talking about the lines. Seriously, WTF is wrong with you. I'm about the least compasionate person you'll ever meet, and I am a gambler, but seriously, his son JUST killed himself. Heartless remarks by some of you. No, the world doesn't end because a family member of someone famous died, but show some heart.

Thoughts are with the Dungy family and the Colts fans/organization.

:doh:

Colin, I know i'm in the minority here, but that was one of my first thoughts to. Call it blood money, or whatever else ya want, but day to day life goes on.

Thought about the lines when Katrina hit as well.

FWIW, my online book still has em at 5-6 to win the bowl

540067[/snapback]

all i really got to say is how dare you..stfu about the damn super bowl lines, how would you like your son to DIE this morning...show a little compassion please...and if u REALLY need to talk about that, then go away from this thread to do it..unless you are just TRYING to get people upset (like me)...i mean, that's just heartless

1) It is disgusting that some of you are talking about the lines. Seriously, WTF is wrong with you. I'm about the least compasionate person you'll ever meet, and I am a gambler, but seriously, his son JUST killed himself. Heartless remarks by some of you. No, the world doesn't end because a family member of someone famous died, but show some heart.

540089[/snapback]

Tell me why wondering what this will do the lines is heartless. Every lose a parent Stojan? I lost both of mine in the last few years. And ya know what, I was working and returning emails and phone calls the next day. Thats how they would have wanted it. Life goes on!

And I agree with Colin, what the hell is condolance message on a friggen internet board gunna mean. You feel so strongly, send the man a donation to his favorite charity, volunteer at a suicide prevention hotline, instaed of blasting people on this board.

Everyone is all high and mighty about Colin's comments--relax...We all know it's a tragedy, and sending your best wishes to Tony and the fam is nice, but big deal. Don't chastise Colin for writing something that a lot of people were thinking, and something that is already being acted on in Vegas and online gambling facilities.

Colin knows it's a tragedy. Dont get pissed because he's exploring the "football" side of it on a "football message board."

If you want to make a difference, donate some money to a group that helps children with suicidal tendencies. Don't think that writing "Best wishes" on a message board does anything at all.

It is disgusting that some of you are talking about the lines. Seriously, WTF is wrong with you. I'm about the least compasionate person you'll ever meet, and I am a gambler, but seriously, his son JUST killed himself. Heartless remarks by some of you. No, the world doesn't end because a family member of someone famous died, but show some heart.

Thoughts are with the Dungy family and the Colts fans/organization.

540089[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it's emblematic and a reflection on society today. Too many people just too absorbed with themselves to give a rats ass about anyone else. Sad.

Don't think that writing "Best wishes" on a message board does anything at all.

540096[/snapback]

Does holding a door for an old woman when you walk into a building "do anything"? No, it doesn't. It's just the right thing to do.

Sugar-coat it all you want, but coming into a thread discussing the death of Coach Dungy's son and asking how it will affect the line for the SB is ridiculous.

Does holding a door for an old woman when you walk into a building "do anything"? No, it doesn't. It's just the right thing to do.

Sugar-coat it all you want, but coming into a thread discussing the death of Coach Dungy's son and asking how it will affect the line for the SB is ridiculous.

540100[/snapback]

Holding the door means the old woman doesn't have to open it. It does something. Writing on a message board that you should hold doors open is what doesn't do anything.

You pretend for a three-sentence post that you are not so self-absorbed, and then forget about Tony Dungy and his family as soon as you hit "Add Reply" and go eat lunch. But you wrote "what a tragedy, best wishes," so you are more heartfelt than the guy who asks about the line. Please.

All talk, no action, like me and most everyone else here.

I can't see the betting pages from work.

it's too bad the guy's kid died, but it COULD WELL move the lines.

does waving the good guy badge on a message board really change anything?

540058[/snapback]

Geez. You know, I was going to avoid suggesting they look under the couch for him...but your post makes that look relatively tame...

But you wrote "what a tragedy, best wishes," so you are more heartfelt than the guy who asks about the line.

540107[/snapback]

Yes. Absolutely.

The Colts fans are compiling lists of all the well wishes for the Dungy family from all the opposing teams message boards. The link is through the Colts' message board. They are compiling the list and sending it to the organziation. I'm sure someday someone from the Colts will read through those messages. (Notice I didn't say Dungy himself). But even if not, it is making the Colt's fans who are truly hurt by this feel better that other teams' fans are putting football aside for a minute to give their condolences.

But, I guess when you go to a funeral, you ask what's on the menu at the breakfast, or if your name happened to sneak its way onto the will, instead of telling the immediate family "sorry about your loss". Because, as we all know, "it doesn't do anything".... moron.

540100[/snapback]

Yes it does, it shows respect and courtesy, and should be done for all women.

But this is a friggen message board that Mr Dungy will NEVER read. If you want to say prayers for the family, go to wherever you practice your religion and pray, as I will for him and his family on Saturday evening.

But to come to a football message board that affected parties will never read and and wondering how that will affect FOOTBALL and that makes you some king of heartless SOB tells me someone prays at the alter of cyberspace just a little to much

No you stopped because the rest made too much sense :doh:

540129[/snapback]

No, because i thought the part where you said "like I will do Saturday night" (refering to going to church and praying) implied that by being in a building called a church means that your condolences mean more than mine because I don't go to church.

By the Way, since your a church goer, why not ask God what he thinks about the latest line on the Super Bowl and how you should gamble your money?

No, because i thought the part where you said "like I will do Saturday night" (refering to going to church and praying) implied that by being in a building called a church means that your condolences mean more than mine because I don't go to church.

By the Way, since your a church goer, why not ask God what he thinks about the latest line on the Super Bowl?

540139[/snapback]

That was not my intention in the least, and I apoligise if that was the way it was intepreted. What i meant was that there are better ways to ways to show your sympathies and offer condolances than on a BB message board.

And BTW, I pray to God all the time at about 4.00pm on Sundays when my side is up 7 and their giving 6 :doh:

I understand this kid, at 18 years old, possibly had a lot of thoughts about his father not being there for him, or loving football more than him, etc (not trying to play psychologist here.)  What strikes me is he has three younger siblings: 1 in middle school, 1 in kindergarten, and 1 in preschool.  It's a shame he couldn't take what he was feeling about his father being absent (if that even was the case), and turning it into a positive- being a role model for his younger brothers.  Those poor youngsters are going to have a hard time understanding this.

Always a horrible tragedy; the time of year compounds it...Good luck and Holiday Blessings to the Dungys.

540075[/snapback]

Frankly, I think these kinds of thoughts, if they are purely conjecture, are really a disservice to Dungy's son, Dungy himself and his family. If later on, it comes out that this was indeed an issue or the case, surely it's a good point and reflection is highly warranted.. But to just start to even imagine this now, really isn't fair, IMO.

Truly, this is a tragic story. Any suicide is. My heart also goes out to the kid's family and friends, and anyone directly affected.

you know what, if you want to pray for this kid and his family then that's great, but why do you feel the need to brag about your goodness on a message board? you can pray without logging in to the net and telling everyone about it.

if you are going to piss on me for not being on your soap box, you better be on a soap box every single time a tragic news event happens.

feeling special because you piled on the latest cause de jour, or looking down on others because they didn't say the same thing you did (and again how exactly is typing on this board going to help anyone?) has got to be the worst form of newly popular smugness.

you might as well be the guy yelling at someone for not having a yellow ribbon on the back of his car the day after you get yours.