Just when you think the Bills are the pits

PromoTheRobot

Losing a 20-point lead in the 4th Quarter is bad...but so it getting shelled 48-3 by a $hitty Ravens team...on Monday night football! They keep dancing with Favre about whether or not he will retire. Memo to Brett...it's over. You are a first ballot HOF'er, but stop embarressing yourself and hang it up!

I do have one question...have you ever heard a Packer fan go off on his team like we go off on the Bills? I never have. They must have the patience of saints up there.

PTR

Losing a 20-point lead in the 4th Quarter is bad...but so it getting shelled 48-3 by a $hitty Ravens team...on Monday night football!  They keep dancing with Favre about whether or not he will retire.  Memo to Brett...it's over.  You are a first ballot HOF'er, but stop embarressing yourself and hang it up!

I do have one question...have you ever heard a Packer fan go off on his team like we go off on the Bills?  I never have.  They must have the patience of saints up there.

PTR

537764[/snapback]

Patience? Heck, they're frozen solid! It'll be spring before they move again....

I do have one question...have you ever heard a Packer fan go off on his team like we go off on the Bills?  I never have.  They must have the patience of saints up there.

537764[/snapback]

Nope, just 3/5 of a hand full of rings. I'd be pretty patient for the rest of my life if we got just one.

Losing a 20-point lead in the 4th Quarter is bad...but so it getting shelled 48-3 by a $hitty Ravens team...on Monday night football!  They keep dancing with Favre about whether or not he will retire.  Memo to Brett...it's over.  You are a first ballot HOF'er, but stop embarressing yourself and hang it up!

PTR

537764[/snapback]

Brett hasn't looked great at times this year but he's still a lot better than anyone I've ever seen in Buffalo, including #12. This year, he has no O-line, no D and a team that apparently that has mailed it in. If Brett was QB of Buffaro this year, they would be in contention for the division.

That being said, if Brett really wants to help out the pack, he'll go to the GM and ask to be traded to a good team in need of a QB. They could use the extra pick or two.

PTR

537764[/snapback]

Favre's old and needs to retire, no doubt...but he's getting no help on the field, either.

Nope, just 3/5 of a hand full of rings.  I'd be pretty patient for the rest of my life if we got just one.

537782[/snapback]

That is the key: there is a history of success in Green Bay, three Super Bowls, and more than several NFL championships.

Hey, if you're a Packer fan and can remember at least as far back as to when the Pack beat the Pats, everything else is just gravy.

That is the key: there is a history of success in Green Bay, three Super Bowls, and more than several NFL championships.

Hey, if you're a Packer fan and can remember at least as far back as to when the Pack beat the Pats, everything else is just gravy.

537833[/snapback]

and that's why i love being a bills fan... for every eddie robinson, or nate playing tight man coverage 15 yards off the LOS, there's frank reich running off the field yelling thank you jesus with his hand in the air. That's enough for me to make it to april.

and that's why i love being a bills fan...  for every eddie robinson, or nate playing tight man coverage 15 yards off the LOS, there's frank reich running off the field yelling thank you jesus with his hand in the air.  That's enough for me to make it to april.

537854[/snapback]

:blush:

If Brett was QB of Buffaro this year, they would be in contention for the division. 

537784[/snapback]

Solid post, Terrell Owens. :blush:

Favre has 24 INT this year. 24!!!! That's a lot of bad passes. The guy has got a great history, but he just doesn't have the skills or the players around him anymore. If he doesn't retire, it will just be more of the same next year.

Slowly back away....slowly.....I don't want to use this but I will

537859[/snapback]

Super Bowl Rings:

Brett Favre: 1

Jim Kelly: 0

I loved Jim Kelly, don't get me wrong. But he just wasn't good enough to take the team on his shoulders and will them to a SB victory a'la Favre.

Talk about giving up. I was stunned to watch how poorly Green Bay was playing last night.

Anyone who thinks Favre should still be around didn't see the multiple heave-hos into double coverage with no chance of doing anything but getting picked. And for what? So Tony Driver can jump up but not try? So when a guy does catch the ball, no one upfield blocks for him?

I typically don't make Half-Game NFL bets, but the second half line between the Ravens and Pack last night was Pick 'em.

PICK 'EM!

Easiest money ever.

I typically don't make Half-Game NFL bets, but the second half line between the Ravens and Pack last night was Pick 'em.

PICK 'EM!

Easiest money ever.

537914[/snapback]

True that. The guy I go through doesn't allow halfs, but Ravens -3.5 was a similar autolock. I have been employing a theory since about Week 9 that has worked out pretty well: When a bad AFC team is playing a bad NFC team, take the AFC. (Obviously Bills-Saints was the exception to the rule.) I have employed this strategy for good teams occasionally as well, like the Patriots (-6) over Tampa on Saturday.

So it's the old argument. Rings equal greatness. By that reasoning Trent Dilfer>Marino or Kelly. Dilfer should be in the HOF. What atravesty that he will not make it! And, before you jump on Me comparing Dilfer to Favre, there is no comparison, but saying Brett singlehandedly won that SB is absurd. He had a really good team that year. If JIm was QBing that team, he has the ring. Both really great qb's. That being said, I hate to see Favre play any more. He still has his flashes of brilliance, but they are becoming fewer all of the time. Retire.

:doh:

;)

:doh:

:blush:

537865[/snapback]

I don't see what is wrong saying Brett Favre is better than Jim Kelly, Todd Collins, Doug Flutie, Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Billy Joe Hobert, Frank Reich, Travis Brown, Joe Ferguson, and who ever else has played QB in the last 20 years (the amount of time I've been watching the team).

Jim was great and all, I just consider him a notch below Brett. As far as saying we would be in contention for the division with Brett, I'll stand by that. He wouldn't have gotten us more than the 150 yards a game we are averaging? Not to mention how much better MacGahee would be without the safeties stacking the line.

I don't see what is wrong saying Brett Favre is better than Jim Kelly, Todd Collins, Doug Flutie, Kelly Holcomb, JP Losman, Rob Johnson, Drew Bledsoe, Billy Joe Hobert, Frank Reich, Travis Brown, Joe Ferguson, and who ever else has played QB in the last 20 years (the amount of time I've been watching the team). 

Jim was great and all, I just consider him a notch below Brett.  As far as saying we would be in contention for the division with Brett, I'll stand by that.  He wouldn't have gotten us more than the 150 yards a game we are averaging?  Not to mention how much better MacGahee would be without the safeties stacking the line.

537986[/snapback]

You know this is a BUFFALO BILLS board right? :blush:

Jim Kelly never threw 24 picks in a season. Heck, he never threw as many as 20.

Not beating up on ol number 4, because I really do like him. In fact, I've always seen him and Kelly as very similar QBs. Tough, great in the cold weather. But for as many games as Favre has single-handedly won -- he's also single-handedly lost his share of games too.

Nope, just 3/5 of a hand full of rings.  I'd be pretty patient for the rest of my life if we got just one.

537782[/snapback]

Having the Super Bowl win definitely gives you a lot of patience. Personally, I don't think that the Patriots fans have any right to whine about their team for approximately the next millenium.

But you also have to add in the fact that the Packers' last losing season was 1991, and they have made the playoffs for the last four years in a row, and 10 of the last 12 years - winning 10 playoff games along the way, playing in 2 Super Bowls, and winning one. That, quite, simply is a great and glorious run that every Packers fan should look back upon with fondness. You would HOPE that Packers fans could be patient about a disappointing injury-riddled year after a run like that.

JDG

That game wasn't so much about Favre as about how the Packers D let Boller look All-World. I don't think we'll see that again for awhile.... Heap was killer, he's been coming on strong lately, looks like he's back for good.

As bad as the Pack are this year they'll still somehow manage to score a few Monday night games next year.

538343[/snapback]

1) Except for the fact that what we have always known as "the Monday night games" will now be on Sunday Nights...

2) If Brett Favre doesn't come back, maybe not. But people tune in to watch Brett Favre. And also, given the absurd level of injuries the Packers have had, the expectation will certainly be for the Packers to be better.

JDG

PTR

537764[/snapback]

Ya they got shelled last night... But, go back and look at the scores of the previous games they played... A lot of those loses are by 7 or less.

Week 2: Cleveland 26, Green Bay 24

Week 3: Tampa Bay 17, Green Bay 16

Week 4: Carolina 32, Green Bay 29

Week 5 (WIN): Green Bay 52, New Orleans 3

Week 7: Minnesota 23, Green Bay 20

Week 8: Cincinnati 21, Green Bay 14

Week 11: Minnesota 20, Green Bay 17

Week 12: Philadelphia 19, Green Bay 14

Week 13: Chicago 19, Green Bay 7 (Really a 7-12 game with Farve giving it up (INT for a TD) on what could have been a game winning drive.)

Are they really as bad as the Bills? Farve has always been the darling of the league.

2) If Brett Favre doesn't come back, maybe not.    But people tune in to watch Brett Favre.

JDG

538355[/snapback]

TV execs love to believe this stuff but the fact is that people tune in to watch good games between winning teams. Nobody is going to watch a crappy GB team get hammered just because Favre is QBing.

As for the injury thing that really didn't matter much. I'd actually argue that the team was better off with Green getting hurt as Gado has done a much better job in replacing him. Green looked absolutely horrid in the first 4 games and was in danger of being benched for Davenport (though Davenport’s injury did hurt them as he looked pretty good).

They have had several other injuries as well but they effected the Pack about as much as Buffalo's injuries effected the Bills...i.e. they both would be bottom dwellers even with all of their starters.

Trent Dilfer: 1

Jeff Hostetler: 1

Mark Rypian: 1

....and your point is?

PTR

538074[/snapback]

My point is, that no matter how good Kelly was, he could never win it all. he couldn't will his team to victory. He couldn't git 'er done.

Farve can and did.

My point is, that no matter how good Kelly was, he could never win it all. he couldn't will his team to victory. He couldn't git 'er done.

Farve can and did.

538435[/snapback]

Once... Against the "Statue" ala "Tuna"... Does that count?

Sometimes it is the luck of the draw on who you face in the SB.

A lot of should-a, would-a, could-a's.

TV execs love to believe this stuff but the fact is that people tune in to watch good games between winning teams.  Nobody is going to watch a crappy GB team get hammered just because Favre is QBing.

Well, the NFL can't schedule Steelers/Colts for every Monday night. But you better believe that Brett Favre gooses the ratings a little bit for the Packers vs. a team with a comparable record. Because its true.

And besides, given the Packers' record for the past 15 years, the Packers have been a reasonably safe bet for Monday Night football, because they are almost always respectable.

JDG