(OT)Any of you losers actually buy TV show DVD's?

The Poojer

I have a bunch, and they have fade-outs. They have to, as that's how they're actually written. To change it would be to change the content of the show which would be just as bad as watching something full-screen instead of in OAR (original aspect ratio).

CW

I was watching and laughing this morning at Married With Children and realized that that would be a great series to have, along with Family Guy, but buying TV shows to me seems weird. But MWC is freaking hilarious!

I don't know, I'll have to go buy some at Circuit City from some loser employee to find out. What do you recommend Poojer? I have been thinking of getting the 1st season of Sledgehammer.

32439[/snapback]

if so, do they have the fade outs for commercials or are they continuous scenes?

32422[/snapback]

Uh, Poojer, You once informed us that you were at the a** end of retail. I wouldn't label sales folk as that - I think they are very important to any retail endeavor - but if you desire to refer to paying customers as "losers", your chances for advancment are minimal at best...:lol:

But you are still an ok fellow. :lol:

Yeah but until the day that my name tag at work reads "Poojer" then i will call retail consumers losers all day long! :lol:

Uh, Poojer, You once informed us that you were at the a** end of retail. I wouldn't label sales folk as that - I think they are very important to any retail endeavor - but if you desire to refer to paying customers as "losers", your chances for advancment are minimal at best...:D

But you are still an ok fellow. :lol:

32488[/snapback]

I own most of the Star Trek which has come out (not DS9 at all).... and it all has fade outs.... But as it's been written, those are part of the program, TV is written with the epectation of a commercial insert... thus they have a series of climaxes and cliffhangers as hooks to try to get you to watch the commercials so you don't miss anything...

I have the first two seasons of Rocky & Bullwinkle... they don't have the delays, but that's because they were written as a series of shorts and didn't get broken up by commercials.... like most cartoons of that time...

I have several box sets, but right now,

The Munsters Season 1 is definitely my favorite! :lol:

32585[/snapback]

I have quite a few television series on DVD. I actually find them to be a much better value than movies. How many times can you watch a two hour movie? A television set is much longer, and is usually reasonably priced in comparison. The HBO series are like movies, with no fade out, while the network shows fade for commercials. Wow, I have more than I realized:

I have:

Curb Your Enthusiasim- season 1 & 2

Da Ali G Show- season 1

King Of the Hill - season 1 & 2

The King Of Queens- season 1 & 2 (I have a serious Leah Remini fixation, my sis works on the show)

Kung Fu- season 1 (a favorite from childhood, holds up great)

Larry Sanders - season 1

The Man Show- season 1 (won this one at a sports bar)

Mr Show - Seasons 1, 2, and 3 (the final one comes out next week)

The Office- Seasons 1 & 2

Planet Of the Apes - complete series (yes there was a tv show for 12 weeks back in 1974. Another childhood favorite. It does not age so well!)

The Simpsons- seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4

The Sopranos- Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (this is the reason to watch tv shows on DVD! The best!)

I only have The Simpsons (Season 1), Star Trek: TNG (Seasons 3&4), and Married With Children (Season 1) so far. :lol:

I really want to get the X-Files on DVD but those are priced out of my league. I'll be getting Three's Company and Family Guy here pretty soon tho.

I only have The Simpsons (Season 1), Star Trek:  TNG (Seasons 3&4), and Married With Children (Season 1) so far.  :) 

I really want to get the X-Files on DVD but those are priced out of my league.  I'll be getting Three's Company and Family Guy here pretty soon tho.

32803[/snapback]

Uh, Three's Company? You are joking right! Hey check used cd/dvd stores in your area for used versions of X-Files. I see them used all the time here in Austin, normally about $40. I think they go for about $100 new.

if so, do they have the fade outs for commercials or are they continuous scenes?

32422[/snapback]

you see the obvious places where commericals go in ....I guess you could pause and have one of your family members do a commerical for you.

Dad, here is why I need a bigger allowance in 30 seconds...for example.

Yea, Suzanne Somers is a joke man.  :D

I don't buy these types of things used.

33303[/snapback]

The best thing about buying the TV sets used is that nornmally they are in excellent condition. A lot of people buy them, watch them once, and sell them off. Don't buy from a rental place that is selling off rented copies. Try a used cd store that also sells used DVD's. I got all 4 "Sopranos" sets like this, plus the Beatles Anthology (for $35) and they look fresh out of the package.

Ps-Okay, give me Leah Remni, I'll give you Suzanne Summers! :huh:

The best thing about buying the TV sets used is that nornmally they are in excellent condition.  A lot of people buy them, watch them once, and sell them off.  Don't buy from a rental place that is selling off rented copies. Try a used cd store that also sells used DVD's.  I got all 4 "Sopranos" sets like this, plus the Beatles Anthology (for $35) and they look fresh out of the package. 

33886[/snapback]

Netflix is also a good option for watching TV on DVD.