Coach Prime and mini Prime are nuts

19 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Shedeur last year would be like 24 of 26 for 98 yards and 3 TD's 😆

Maybe Coach Prime knows his kid isn't making the NFL so start working on that music career.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe Coach Prime knows his kid isn't making the NFL so start working on that music career.

Seems like a lot of people think he is a 1st rounder. Which makes my head explode but we have seen some guys go early I would have never thought would. He's somewhat mobile but more of a pocket passer. I just can't get over his stat lines. A guy should have to go downfield on occasion to be in the conversation to be drafted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was a big fan of Colorado hiring Sanders as coach, as I thought he was legitimately talented at not only coaching football, but also guiding young men.

He's disappointed me - especially with the complete lack of self awareness that the first season wasn't great, and his propensity to blame everyone for the 4-8 season but he and his kids.    

All that said, I don't think the school cares about his antics or the team's record as long as the stadium seats are filled.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, Udubalum07 said:

Shedeur is rated by most as the number 1 qb coming into this year. The guy is going to be a top ten pick in the draft. Forcing all players to go to a concert is insane. 

And some team is going to pay a heavy toll for drafting him.  

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a good look for Colorado and HC Sanders.

https://athlonsports.com/college/colorado-buffaloes/all-buffaloes/football/deion-sanders-chaotic-culture-turns-into-locker-room-violence-in-colorado

"Coach Prime has reiterated that he's not leaving Boulder with his kids, but rebuilding a program from scratch isn't his forte. Nor is fostering personal development among players. Many programs pride themselves on nurturing talent, but that’s not Prime's approach, and it's becoming apparent. He desires "ready-made" players who can deliver immediate results. It's not about gradually building up; it's about achieving success right now."

That may work in the lower ranks of college ball where he can out recruit the other teams, but that is a failing strategy on the FBS level.

"It's like a real-life Grand Theft Auto video game," one former player said. "There are many distractions with fights, guns, and money floating around. The environment is unlike any I’ve come from before."

Colorado is going to regret hiring Prime.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I very much think to this point in his coaching career, Prime has proven to be a great recruiter and a sub-par coach. He smoked D3 with far superior talent due to his recruiting prowess. So far at D1, not super impressed. He added a few wins to Colorado but seemed to be significantly out-coached many times. 

On 8/10/2024 at 1:32 AM, PetermansRedemption said:

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I very much think to this point in his coaching career, Prime has proven to be a great recruiter and a sub-par coach. He smoked D3 with far superior talent due to his recruiting prowess. So far at D1, not super impressed. He added a few wins to Colorado but seemed to be significantly out-coached many times. 

I think you're dead on.   He has the advantage of being Deion Sanders, but he couldnt win a championship at the FCS level with two players who will likely be picked in the top ten of this year's draft.   I think it was fairly obvious coaching hurt them in close games last year.  That said, I think you will see improvement this year because the schedule is easier.  Will have to see if he can coax other good players out to Colorado because Shadeur and Hunter will be gone soon. 

This is the first time seeing this thread and reading through it. I don't know about a Reddit post, or its validity. But if it is true, that he made a Lil Wayne concert mandatory, that's easily a violation of NCAA rules in itself. There are other things about that situation that I will not get into on the subject, things that make me a bit uneasy about it. 

The Athlon report, however, is different altogether. I had a feeling that everything about this hire was a charade. The elder Sanders' intentions, and how he operated. This report really doesn't surprise me. It seems like anything and everything is revolved around money, flashing whatever they have, and turning the football program basically into a rap video. 

On 8/12/2024 at 10:56 AM, H2o said:

This is the first time seeing this thread and reading through it. I don't know about a Reddit post, or its validity. But if it is true, that he made a Lil Wayne concert mandatory, that's easily a violation of NCAA rules in itself. There are other things about that situation that I will not get into on the subject, things that make me a bit uneasy about it. 

The Athlon report, however, is different altogether. I had a feeling that everything about this hire was a charade. The elder Sanders' intentions, and how he operated. This report really doesn't surprise me. It seems like anything and everything is revolved around money, flashing whatever they have, and turning the football program basically into a rap video. 

If this is true it pretty much mirrors College Football itself, a charade.