Stefan Diggs Skips OTA Texans

14 minutes ago, skibum said:

A lot of proven vets don't got to OTAs. It's pretty much an unwritten privilege for the higher-mileage guys if they want to skip out, especially the guys who prove they can do it year after year. I'd say Diggs has earned the right to skip, and there's nothing to see here. 

You would just think he would be eager to get to know his  teammates a bit more and develop chemistry with Stroud.

Is it a big deal? Probably not.

But just not a good look IMO

• Agree 4

39 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You would just think he would be eager to get to know his  teammates a bit more and develop chemistry with Stroud.

You think he hasn’t already meet with teammates yet?   There’s video of him practicing with CJ Stroud already.  

19 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

You think he hasn’t already meet with teammates yet?   There’s video of him practicing with CJ Stroud already.  

Never in my post did I say he didn't meet his teammates yet, you misread it

49 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

i always felt it's just overall a bad look to not be around the team,  coaches , facility etc as WR1, especially on a new team..

I believe he used to attend his first 2 years here and the last 2, it just rubbed the yeam/teammates the wrong way, along with leaving early as a Captain

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

McCaffrey was traded during the season. So technically not his first season.

Diggs has already proven he can establish a relationship with a young QB

What questionable history?

Many of us love Diggs

1. CMC's first off-season with the 49ers he showed up for OTAs. Digg's first off-season he has not.

2. I'm not questioning if Diggs CAN establish a relationship. I'm questioning if it's more prudent, practically and in terms of optics (not only to the press and fans but to teammates) if he shows up as soon as possible.

3. "What questionable history?" Mea culpa. You got me there. Diggs has zero questionable history.

4. Your statement does not negate mine that many do not like DIggs; both can be true.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

i always felt it's just overall a bad look to not be around the team,  coaches , facility etc as WR1, especially on a new team..

I believe he used to attend his first 2 years here and the last 2, it just rubbed the yeam/teammates the wrong way, along with leaving early as a Captain

Diggs first year here was 2020, there were no OTAs though the WR and Josh did arrange a throwing session in FL that got videoed and photographed and shared a lot, to showcase "see, I'm a good teammate!".

I don't remember 2021

2022 and 2023, definitely not here.

Anyway I'm surprised Diggs isn't more "see, I'm a good teammate!" and showing up for OTAs on his new team.

2 hours ago, Taro Nimbus said:

The post you're responding to said "get to know more" not "meet" and "develop chemistry with Stroud" not "shoot a video of practicing with"

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

1. CMC's first off-season with the 49ers he showed up for OTAs. Digg's first off-season he has not.

2. I'm not questioning if Diggs CAN establish a relationship. I'm questioning if it's more prudent, practically and in terms of optics (not only to the press and fans but to teammates) if he shows up as soon as possible.

3. "What questionable history?" Mea culpa. You got me there. Diggs has zero questionable history.

4. Your statement does not negate mine that many do not like DIggs; both can be true.

Excellent response!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

McCaffrey was traded during the season. So technically not his first season.

Diggs has already proven he can establish a relationship with a young QB

What questionable history?

Many of us love Diggs

I enjoyed most of his time and performance in Buffalo

Diggs did indeed establish a relationship with JA, but it cannot be denied that relationship went into the downward slope.

What questionable history, are you serious?

Finally, I dont hate Diggs nor do many who posted honest and truthful opinions regarding Diggs hate him, just not emotionally attached to him.

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

And for what amounts to nearly zero effort on his part -

rehab his image a bit by showing up in his most charismatic form for a couple days instead of forcing his team to answer questions (and him act shocked that he will also be asked them later) 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

He did this every season here. In all honesty did it ever affect his play?

I don't know.  None of us know.

It was notable enough that TV commentators at times were saying "he's not on the same page with Josh Allen".  It's not just OTAs, but maybe he didn't join Kincaid and Davis and others who worked with Josh outside of OTAs.

We don't get a do-over where we play the same opponents with the same roster and coaches but this time, Diggs attends OTAs.

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

The year is 2021.

"is it a big deal Stef isn't here? No. But not a great look"

Forever

Is that true?  I didn't remember whether or not Diggs attended 2021 OTAs with the Bills.

Edited by Beck Water

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wait, what? 

He's riffing on the 2022 rumors that Allen cheated on his GF, got a bartender (or maybe a UB soccer player) pregnant, and (since a baby never showed up, but Allen presumably would have taken care of any offspring) said bartender (or soccer player) may have terminated the pregnancy - something that can't happen in Texas.

13 hours ago, skibum said:

A lot of proven vets don't got to OTAs. It's pretty much an unwritten privilege for the higher-mileage guys if they want to skip out, especially the guys who prove they can do it year after year. I'd say Diggs has earned the right to skip, and there's nothing to see here. 

“A lot” is a pretty vague statement. 

2 Bills players missed ota this week. Jones and Douglas. 

as defensive players, their main job is to disrupt timing. It’s a lot easier to disrupt timing than run a play where all involved need to have the timing correct. That’s why defense is usually ahead of offfense at the beginning of training camp. For Jones, as a 1T, his job is fairly clear. To hold his ground and eat up blockers, for the most part. He’s shown he knows how to do this, and do it well for the Bills. 

Douglas is a bit of a different story. I don’t think it’s good for him to miss camp. He’s fairly new in this defense, and I’m guessing that there are a bunch of coverage options that a boundary corner needs to know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

A lot of veteran players miss OTAs.  Its probably better for their longevity.  I would think he would want to at least start getting to know his teammates better and such though.

Or. maybe act like a member of a team, demonstrate commitment and like you stated get to know teammates! Kind of like we expect from ball players at all levels! 

Edited by amprov56