Pittsburgh to host 2026 NFL draft (Update: Bills plan to bid for 2028)

2 hours ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

America isn't ready for Pittsburgh to host the draft.

draft in PIT will be wild (as someone who lives in PIT area).  Draft in Buffalo will be wilder.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, stevestojan said:

The NFL draft is second to only New Year’s Eve in time square as events you couldn’t pay me to attend. 

now get off my lawn. 

agree on NYE in Time Square.  However, the draft is great.  What they show on TV with huge crowds waiting for a pick is only a fraction of it.  I went to the one in Cleveland, that was somewhat odd due to COVID precautions still in place (couldn't get inside).  However, it's basically Disney for NFL fans.  Run the 40, throwing contests, etc.  So much outside the actual venue.  Highly recommend it.  Football at all area bars, fans of every team.  Like a NFL draft nerd convention.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 2:40 PM, Augie said:

So…….Buffalo does not have great hotel options because they don’t draw big events, and we can’t have big events because we don’t have the hotel options. It feels like a chicken or the egg scenario. 

I’d love to see how they would pull off an NFL draft. Where would they hold it, and what would it look like? 

Buffalo has exactly the number of hotel rooms it needs (more, actually).  

9 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Will be interesting seeing where they plan to hold it.

Stadium?  Open it for food and beverage?

Would love to have it here!!

When it comes time for the Pats, Dolphins, and Jets to make their pick. The boos will be heard all the way to NYC :) Hopefully it happens. Buffalo is a football mad city and deserves to host an NFL draft.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I definitely think they will try to incorporate the new stadium into it 

• Like (+1) 1

The 2025 NFL Draft will take place in Green Bay, inside and around iconic Lambeau Field and Titletown, the home of the Green Bay Packers

Can compare to Buffalo

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

The article states it would be held at the stadium. 

• Bills Fan in MD changed the title to Pittsburgh to host 2026 NFL draft (Update: Bills plan to bid for 2028)

this would be fantastic and is a great place to have it.  Really, the draft should always be held in a non-Super Bowl hosting city.  Even out the spread of events in the NFL.  Just keep the draft out of London ;)

On 5/24/2024 at 10:24 AM, RyanC883 said:

agree on NYE in Time Square.  However, the draft is great.  What they show on TV with huge crowds waiting for a pick is only a fraction of it.  I went to the one in Cleveland, that was somewhat odd due to COVID precautions still in place (couldn't get inside).  However, it's basically Disney for NFL fans.  Run the 40, throwing contests, etc.  So much outside the actual venue.  Highly recommend it.  Football at all area bars, fans of every team.  Like a NFL draft nerd convention.  

Cleveland did a very good job in hosting the draft that year.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm coming if it happens.

Great!

You could go up to where the ESPN crew sits and replace Booger McFarland. Then we'll have someone on the set who actually knows something about football.

• Haha (+1) 1