What would you like to see added post June 1st?

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Keep telling us how much you love McDermott and his great decisions like hoping an old and out of the league LB could cover the best TE ever. Or how about using Damar Hamlin on a fake punt attempt. Maybe you can tell us how amazing he was in the .13 fiasco again. 

Just stop. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

Keep telling us how much you love McDermott and his great decisions like hoping an old and out of the league LB could cover the best TE ever. Or how about using Damar Hamlin on a fake punt attempt. Maybe you can tell us how amazing he was in the .13 fiasco again. 

Just stop. 

I haven’t said anything pro or con about McD.  He needs to win or he’ll get fired.  Such is life in the NFL.  What I don’t do is make sweeping generalizations and then say I really don’t know what I’m talking about but are sure of that which I don’t know.

Kelce has been a problem for every team.  I suppose you could triple team him but that will then open other areas.  I suppose we could have put Williams on him but I would not expect a rookie to slow Kelce down on his own.

Just now, mrags said:

I’m not a professional football coach in the NFL. But I do know this….. AJ Klein was never going to cover Travis Kelce 

Okay.

this is gonna shock you, but the Ravens had TWO of the top 4 highest paid linebackers in coverage last year. The week after the Bills did. And Kelce went 11-for-11 for 116 and a TD.

So McD with Klein actually did better than the 1st and 4th most expensive off ball linebackers lmao. And guess what? It ain’t because Klein is a better player.

Protip: Being sure when you don’t watch the games is an easy way to be extremely wrong early and often 

11 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I put someone on him all game. I chuck his butt at the LOS and have someone over the top.  

Tampa 2 works against KC if used as it drops somone mid middle.

I am a fan in general of chucking guys at the LOS 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, mrags said:

Thought we drafted Williams last year for this. instead, that douchenozzle McDermott decided it was better to have Klein try to cover him after spending the season on his couch planning family vacations. 

personally I didn’t want Williams, there were much better TE killers out there in the draft and he didn’t want them. Then he drafted that other kid this year. Maybe one of them will eventually be able to cover Kelce after he turns 40 and can’t run without crutches anymore. 

I don't think they trusted Williams at the mike, calling plays etc.. 

He was groomed to be outside LB and Dodson just happened to come out of nowhere and be a beast but I do agree that they should have tried some different things out, Klein was clearly just too slow. Still, our O costed us that game. Left at least 13 points on the board

But at the same time, we were better in nearly everey offensive statistical category

T.O.P - KC - 22:57 Bills- 33:03

Turnovers- KC 1 Bills 0

1st downs - KC 21 Bills 27

Yards KC 361 Bills 368

They killed us on yards per play but pretty clear our strategy was to milk clock , run the ball and take what they give. 

The true difference? Chiefs WRs made big time catches, Bills didn’t. 

Butker hit his FGs, Bass didn’t.  

The difference between these teams is razor thin

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I haven’t said anything pro or con about McD.  He needs to win or he’ll get fired.  Such is life in the NFL.  What I don’t do is make sweeping generalizations and then say I really don’t know what I’m talking about but are sure of that which I don’t know.

Kelce has been a problem for every team.  I suppose you could triple team him but that will then open other areas.  I suppose we could have put Williams on him but I would not expect a rookie to slow Kelce down on his own.

Well. You damn sure should know that Klein isn’t going to stop him. McDermott and this staff drafted Williams for a reason. He’s physically strong and fast enough to hang with Kelce. And we had a serious need for LBs in the playoffs. And instead they brought in a guy off his couch all year and expected him to cover Kelce. It was a fail on every level and it’s all on McDermott. 

but let’s not kid ourselves. There have been teams that have stopped Kelce. Just because I don’t follow or care to look it up doesn’t make it false. 

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Okay.

this is gonna shock you, but the Ravens had TWO of the top 4 highest paid linebackers in coverage last year. The week after the Bills did. And Kelce went 11-for-11 for 116 and a TD.

So McD with Klein actually did better than the 1st and 4th most expensive off ball linebackers lmao. And guess what? It ain’t because Klein is a better player.

Protip: Being sure when you don’t watch the games is an easy way to be extremely wrong early and often 

Your responses are about as much of a failure as McDermott thinking Klein was going to succeed covering Kelce. 

again, just because I am not going to give pro tips on how to stop a player doesn’t make the decision to play Klein was a good idea. They are not the same argument. Everyone knew Klein was as going to get smoked all day long by Kelce. 

And just because Kelce had a statistically better game against another team doesn’t mean he was more or less effective. Factor in how many of those catches were for first downs, how many were on 3rd down and kept the chains moving. Etc. 

im not going to pretend to know exactly what happened with Kelce through the year or the week before. But when the season was on the line the Bills coaching staff failed. When the games were on the line the Bills coaching staff and players on defense failed. 

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't think they trusted Williams at the mike, calling plays etc.. 

He was groomed to be outside LB and Dodson just happened to come out of nowhere and be a beast but I do agree that they should have tried some different things out, Klein was clearly just too slow. Still, our O costed us that game. Left at least 13 points on the board

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that Klein was clearly not the answer. Maybe they didn’t trust Williams to do what was needed. That doesn’t take away from the blunder that they took the kid in the 3rd rd. They should have had some faith in him. Live or die by your decisions I say. I don’t knock them for bringing Klein up off the couch. I do have an issue with them expecting what they did out of him after only 2 weeks of practice. 

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. You damn sure should know that Klein isn’t going to stop him. McDermott and this staff drafted Williams for a reason. He’s physically strong and fast enough to hang with Kelce. And we had a serious need for LBs in the playoffs. And instead they brought in a guy off his couch all year and expected him to cover Kelce. It was a fail on every level and it’s all on McDermott. 

but let’s not kid ourselves. There have been teams that have stopped Kelce. Just because I don’t follow or care to look it up doesn’t make it false. 

Your responses are about as much of a failure as McDermott thinking Klein was going to succeed covering Kelce. 

again, just because I am not going to give pro tips on how to stop a player doesn’t make the decision to play Klein was a good idea. They are not the same argument. Everyone knew Klein was as going to get smoked all day long by Kelce. 

And just because Kelce had a statistically better game against another team doesn’t mean he was more or less effective. Factor in how many of those catches were for first downs, how many were on 3rd down and kept the chains moving. Etc. 

im not going to pretend to know exactly what happened with Kelce through the year or the week before. But when the season was on the line the Bills coaching staff failed. When the games were on the line the Bills coaching staff and players on defense failed. 

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that Klein was clearly not the answer. Maybe they didn’t trust Williams to do what was needed. That doesn’t take away from the blunder that they took the kid in the 3rd rd. They should have had some faith in him. Live or die by your decisions I say. I don’t knock them for bringing Klein up off the couch. I do have an issue with them expecting what they did out of him after only 2 weeks of practice. 

Ya, it's baffling that at halftime,  our defensive coaches didn't come together and say - AJ Klein can't cover anyone, let alone the best TE in the game. I'm sure Williams had some experience as the mike and should've gave him a go...

But gotta give credit to both Ds. The last score in that game came with 14:20 to go in the 4th. Buf had a sure TD drop by Diggs, I have some really close friends that are Jet fans, Giant and 2 brothers as Cowboy fans and all hit me up and were just gushing about the throw and disgusted by the non catch and another FG miss by Bass in that time span.

That Diggs play would've been a play of the year candidate for sure. That throw was unbelievable. Can't wait to see Coleman high pointing those rockets and just bullying defenses 

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to see a jacuzzi and a fully stocked tiki bar on my back deck, 😁👍🍸🚬

Posted (edited)

The problem with trying to stop Kelce is he has free reign to adlib his routes and finds the spot where the other team ain't.  Backyard at its finest. 

Edited by The Tomcat

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I would like to see a jacuzzi and a fully stocked tiki bar on my back deck, 😁👍🍸🚬

I’ve got a hot tub for sale. What’s your price range? 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Just stop. 

Written without a shred of irony...

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Written without a shred of irony...

So…

mark you down with the others that thought it was a great idea to expect Klein to cover Kelce. Got it. 

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I’ve got a hot tub for sale. What’s your price range? 

What have you been up to in that bubble bath…, 🤣

but let’s not kid ourselves. There have been teams that havestopped Kelce. Just because I don’t follow or care to look it up doesn't make it false

This board is really funny at times.  We have a fellow here without knowledge and chooses not to obtain knowledge expressing with absolute certainty that the Bills can stop a guy that every other team in the league has had trouble stopping.  

And Williams was drafted to provide depth behind Milano.  

39 minutes ago, mrags said:

So…

mark you down with the others that thought it was a great idea to expect Klein to cover Kelce. Got it. 

Why would you make that assumption??? (That's a rhetorical question. I'm aware you're trolling.)

It's not that I don't think the Bills could use some significant help in some areas.  I just don't think with what's left in free agency the Bills are going to find any significant upgrades.  What I expect is that Beane will continue to try and retool the back end of his roster.  Maybe they'll find a veteran they think can be more dependable that the depth they have as one position or another, or maybe there is a young guy with some untapped upside.  We just aren't going to find any stars, and probably not any starters.  They'll even be very lucky if they find a potential rotational player who gets regular snaps in a game.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

but let’s not kid ourselves. There have been teams that havestopped Kelce. Just because I don’t follow or care to look it up doesn't make it false

This board is really funny at times.  We have a fellow here without knowledge and chooses not to obtain knowledge expressing with absolute certainty that the Bills can stop a guy that every other team in the league has had trouble stopping.  

And Williams was drafted to provide depth behind Milano.  

This board is hilarious at times. Like how people can’t figure out how to quote someone and reply to their post 

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So Gunner you're just rolling with Von, AJ & Groot?

We signed Toohill and the guy from the Jags.  And then we drafted Solomon. Between all these guys, someone should step up.  And we should blitz a lot w Milano and Bernard and some from the safeties.  Pass rush will be decent if not dominant.  

A solid boundary corner would not hurt.  And another guy at TE who has more athleticism than Knox would be nice also.