Marquez Valdes-Scantling meeting with the Bills (UPDATE: Signed)

8 hours ago, Freak-O said:

If someone had just coached Bass to kick the ball straight instead of wide right…

........then the Chiefs quickly march down the field and kick a chip shot field goal to win it.  

Again,  rest assured that the HC knew the play call coming out of the 2 minute warning.   He was willing to lean on a defense that had played terribly all day if the play succeeded..........that's bad coaching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Remember, the QB said he didn’t care how much time he left, he wanted the TD. The QB could’ve ran the clock down to zero by taking the shorter pass to Diggs.

Let’s not blame the coaches there. That end sequence was all player error. From Dawkins getting destroyed to Allen getting greedy.

Allen gets the TD and we're not even talking about his greed. He has to play out of his mind because McDirt's defense has no answer for playoff Mahomes.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

........then the Chiefs quickly march down the field and kick a chip shot field goal to win it.  

Again,  rest assured that the HC knew the play call coming out of the 2 minute warning.   He was willing to lean on a defense that had played terribly all day if the play succeeded..........that's bad coaching.

Only thing that would've given me a semblance of hope was the clock.  They were gashing us in the run game (which they can't use much inside 2 minutes even with timeouts), and buffalo had stopped them their last drive.  

I just feel like we would've lost the coin toss and thus the game in OT.  

13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Allen gets the TD and we're not even talking about his greed. He has to play out of his mind because McDirt's defense has no answer for playoff Mahomes.

No answer at all…

bang head on desk GIF

This is honestly how i see Beane determining who he'll bring in to save our WR position.......bangs his head against the desk about 12-20 times and then calls around looking for a deal.

12 hours ago, DrMaxPower said:

This place has been miserable AF since the draft. The worst it's been since 'Wrong Josh'.

Everyone wanted a Playstation for Christmas but when they came downstairs, there was a bike with socks and underwear. Instead of realizing that there's nothing wrong with a bike and we really needed new socks and gotch, it's tantrum time.

Are we going to have to endure this endless whining for the next 6 months? Sounds like a fun way to be a fan...

Last off-season people were losing their minds because they intended to run Spencer Brown back out there and they didn't sign a MLB. They said their guys were in house and they believed in their development. Seems to have worked out OK. That's what good teams do.

Can we not take a breath and wait and see? 2nd best record in the league over the last 5 years says they deserve at least a bit of confidence. They aren't the morons people want to make them out to be.

Perfectly said!  Kudos!

A KC guest was just on with Sal and mentioned MVS is a very good run blocker and a very even keeled player who does not get stressed (hence the playoff clutch plays)  he also said MVS was effective as a deep threat for KC in 2022 but they tried using him more for underneath stuff in 2023 and it didn't work out as well

So for us.....deep threat and run blocking 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nonsense.

they did a masterful job milking the clock while marching down the field to win the game.  A touchdown was absolutely the goal, they were not playing for a tie.  Just didn’t execute when it mattered.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

A KC guest was just on with Sal and mentioned MVS is a very good run blocker and a very even keeled player who does not get stressed (hence the playoff clutch plays)  he also said MVS was effective as a deep threat for KC in 2022 but they tried using him more for underneath stuff in 2023 and it didn't work out as well

So for us.....deep threat and run blocking 

In other words .. he's literally Gabe Davis.  

Steps up in big moments and the team tried to make him more than what he is. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

In other words .. he's literally Gabe Davis.  

Steps up in big moments and the team tried to make him more than what he is. 

Gabe had 1 ALL TIME playoff game.   Other than that...not sure he's a big moments player?  

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Gabe had 1 ALL TIME playoff game.   Other than that...not sure he's a big moments player?  

I think he had a big game against Indy in the Wild Card a few years back too. 

• Like (+1) 1

MVS had a solid 22 season and was the back to back SB winners WR2/3 

He'll be our WR 4/5 and paying him 80% less, I like the move alot, add more competition for the final 3 WR spots, see who rises to the top and we can cut the others with no strain on the cap.. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Nonsense.

they did a masterful job milking the clock while marching down the field to win the game.  A touchdown was absolutely the goal, they were not playing for a tie.  

Just didn’t execute when it mattered.

The post I was replying to said Bass just blew the staff's strategy missing the kick.

I appreciate that you just try to follow me around what I say......it's flattering........but try to follow the conversation.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The post I was replying to said Bass just blew the staff's strategy missing the kick.

I appreciate that you just try to follow me around what I say......it's flattering........but try to follow the conversation.

Regardless of what you were replying to your point that the HC was willing to lean on his defense is completely wrong.  They were attempting the exact opposite by trying to win it with no time left.