Buffalo Bills Schedule Discussion / Prediction Thread

On 5/7/2024 at 8:22 AM, SoCal Deek said:

And that happened because he was in London? The Bills went on to have a very good season, including finally getting the Chiefs at home in the playoffs, a full three months after returning from the UK. They just didn’t finish…again. 

Far be it for me to defend the continual coming up short due to bad breaks, coaching and players not stepping up..  

However, we lost Matt Milano in that game and Daquan Jones, who was playing like an All-Pro, came back for the playoffs at around 50-60%.

Clearly that made a difference in the game as Mahomes had dudes wide open all over the field due to other injuries and no healthy linebackers aside from street FA AJ Klein. 

Posted (edited)

I want the ravens, Texans and jags late in the season when they show their true colors or in the Texans case will not be riding off their mojo if '23.

Oh and niners early with that super bowl stank on'm 

Edited by boyst

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Far be it for me to defend the continual coming up short due to bad breaks, coaching and players not stepping up..  

However, we lost Matt Milano in that game and Daquan Jones, who was playing like an All-Pro, came back for the playoffs at around 50-60%.

Clearly that made a difference in the game as Mahomes had dudes wide open all over the field due to other injuries and no healthy linebackers aside from street FA AJ Klein. 

Yes, and both Milano and Jones were on the sideline when we had the ball with the win in our QBs hands at home late in the 4th quarter and deep in Chiefs territory, right where they would’ve been if completely healthy. I know it’s hard for Bills fans to swallow but we simply blew it….again! 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Speculation from @ScheduleLeaks24

Week 3: BUF at MIA SNF

Week 6: BUF at DET  SNF

Christmas: SF at BUF 4:30

Week 18: BUF at NYJ  TBD

Some claimed the same person was accurate last year on a bunch. If anyone wants to look into that, cool! Probably not worth the time

I’d be a bit surprised about 2 road SNF games that close together.  Regardless, fun speculation.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gary Marangi said:

Have SF travel cross country for Xmas seems odd to me

yeah… would be a really short week for them.  Unless they have the TNF game the week prior.

Ugh.  Too many weekday games now.

May have already been posted, but based on Vegas's projected wins for each team (rather than last year's W/L record), the Bills have the 10th toughest schedule this year. 

Meanwhile, the other 2 "contenders" in the AFC East have much easier schedules. The Jets have the 29th (4th easiest) and Dolphins have the 25th (8th easiest). 

https://atozsports.com/buffalo/bills-have-almost-unfair-disadvantage-quest-for-afc-east-title/

Kind of annoying, especially given the Dolphins love to stack wins against bottom feeders, but what's more annoying is having a tougher schedule than KC & Cincy.

Then again, even Vegas won't get everything right. It's more accurate than going off last year's results, but it's not perfect. 

I was thinking they wouldn’t put SF on Christmas Day two straight years but then I looked back a little and noticed Green Bay and Arizona played on Christmas Day in 21 and 22 so I guess it’s possible.

52 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I was thinking they wouldn’t put SF on Christmas Day two straight years but then I looked back a little and noticed Green Bay and Arizona played on Christmas Day in 21 and 22 so I guess it’s possible.

The NFL previously announced it would not schedule games on Christmas if it fell on Tue & Wed. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-claims-it-wont-schedule-christmas-games-when-december-25-lands-on-a-tuesday-or-wednesday
However, they rescinded that this year. I suspect the 4 teams being scheduled in ‘24 for Christmas are pushing back big time. Playing on Wed that late in the season is beyond factoring in bye weeks so those teams could be playing 3 games in 8-10 days. Perhaps teams are requesting to extend the bye weeks. But having a bye week that late in season may not be preferred either. In any case, scheduling Christmas games on Wed is going to impact 4 teams significantly. Gotta hope the Bills are not one of these four.

46 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

The NFL previously announced it would not schedule games on Christmas if it fell on Tue & Wed. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-claims-it-wont-schedule-christmas-games-when-december-25-lands-on-a-tuesday-or-wednesday
However, they rescinded that this year. I suspect the 4 teams being scheduled in ‘24 for Christmas are pushing back big time. Playing on Wed that late in the season is beyond factoring in bye weeks so those teams could be playing 3 games in 8-10 days. Perhaps teams are requesting to extend the bye weeks. But having a bye week that late in season may not be preferred either. In any case, scheduling Christmas games on Wed is going to impact 4 teams significantly. Gotta hope the Bills are not one of these four.

The group that deserves to be pissed off is the NBA which has traditionally had a monopoly on Christmas Day. Can the NFL move into their turf? Sure they can. Should they? I don’t think so. The NFL is flirting with becoming the 10,000 pound gorilla in the room of an already crowded annual sports calendar. What’s next….bumping college football from New Years Day? Enough already! 

1 hour ago, Gary Marangi said:

Give Xmas teams bye week before? Then let them play  Wed. and then Monday night the following week

?????

The last bye week in 2023 was week 14, Dec 10. NFL could extend it by a week and then those four teams would have 10 days off and then 2 games in 4-5 days. The bye week would then be week 15 in an 18 week season. Kinda late or maybe just in time for a playoff run. I expect McD is blowing a gasket due to changing game prep if the Bills are one of the four teams involved. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The strongest rumours for the London games are:

Jets @ Vikings - Tottenham - 6 October

Jaguars @ Bears - Tottenham -  13 October

Patriots @ Jaguars - Wembley - 20 October

If true 2 division foes having to cope with the disruption and NE having to play Jacksonville after they've been here for over a week. 

4 minutes ago, BritBill said:

The strongest rumours for the London games are:

Jets @ Vikings - Tottenham - 6 October

Jaguars @ Bears - Tottenham -  13 October

Patriots @ Jaguars - Wembley - 20 October

If true 2 division foes having to cope with the disruption and NE having to play Jacksonville after they've been here for over a week. 

This implies Jets @ Jaguars.

Ozzy on X: "The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to host the New York Jets in London next season, at Wembley Stadium. This game has been rumoured to take place on October 20th. Rodgers and the Jets may be travelling overseas. https://t.co/fWEXifrvTf" / X (twitter.com)