Connor McDermott cut by pats

I know the Bills staff liked him when he was here, he just got cut, I could see the bills picking him back up. More O-line depth and should come at an affordable price. I know the team wants to get younger but I can’t help but think McBeane wouldn’t at least kick the tires on him. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/patriots-release-ol-conor-mcdermott

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

O line is in great shape, we already have more than enough depth 

I agree.  With Alec Anderson, the center they drafted from Georgia, Clapp, Edwards, Torrence, and McGovern, plus the two UDFAs they signed, they're probably good for the IOL.  That's already 8 guys for 5 or 6 roster spots (3-4 Guards, 1-2 Centers).  I suppose they could use another camp body or 2, but I don't think McDermott fits that bill.

28 minutes ago, Process said:

O line is in great shape, we already have more than enough depth 

Agreed. And that deserves some attention.

I do remember that after 2022 season a lot of people on this board were vocal about how Beane has neglected OL and how it sucked.

Fast forward 12 months and there is literally not a single word about needing to bolster OL or draft any OL high.

I think Beane deserves a lot of credit for this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll add my voice to the chorus: let’s pass. I’m particularly excited to see what our undrafted free agents can do. From what I’ve seen, you could probably plug Keaton Bills in there right now, and he would be serviceable. So I’m excited to see how he develops under professional level coaching.

• Agree 1

No thanks.  The O-line is set.  The kid from Georgia was the last missing piece.  They have depth across the line. They are a bit less multidimensional as compared to what they have been in the past.  They don't have a Swiss army knife guy like Bates that can play anywhere in a pinch.  They seem to have solid back-ups across the line and a nice mix of a developmental guys and break the glass incase of emergency vets.