If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

For the record, I’m not upset about the WR room.  

The vision Beane had for this offense in 2024 simplified:

Diggs

Coleman

Shakir 

Samuel 

Then add all our draft picks except the Duke DT and you’d have our team.  Pretty dang good.  

But this organization was thrown into mini turmoil bc of Stefon Diggs.  Period.  If your take is “Beane has neglected WR and this is what happens” you’re just wrong.  

Diggs was supposed to give us 2024 and 2025.  

He quit (as we know now) at the end of 2022 and throughout 2023.   

I refuse to trash Beane over the WR room that was supposed to include Stefon in the plan until he tapped out and quit.   

Quite frankly, I’m sick of the fan base rushing to defend Diggs over the GM that oversaw the construction of this perennial SB contenders roster.  

It’s embarrassing. 

I’ll be rooting for Coleman and Shakir harder than I’ve rooted for 2 Bills WRs.  And if we need more ammo I trust Beane, whose cap is all screwed up this year bc of Stefon, will find more ammo.     

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 17
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 26
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 9
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs

Coleman

Shakir 

Samuel 

Then add all our draft picks except the Duke DT and you’d have our team.  Pretty dang good.  

But this organization was thrown into mini turmoil bc of Stefon Diggs.  Period.  If your take is “Beane has neglected WR and this is what happens” you’re just wrong.  

I refuse to trash Beane over the WR room that was supposed to include Stefon in the plan until he tapped out and quit.   

Quite frankly, I’m sick of the fan base rushing to defend Diggs over the GM that oversaw the construction of this perennial SB contenders roster.  

It’s embarrassing. 

I’ll be rooting for Coleman and Shakir harder than I’ve rooted for 2 Bills WRs.  And if we need more ammo I trust Beane, whose cap is all screwed up this year bc of Stefon, will find more ammo.     

Go Bills!

None of us really know what went on.  But I think it’s a fair assumption that Diggs doesn’t get traded unless Josh was on board.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Diggs

Coleman

Shakir 

Samuel 

It’s embarrassing. 

Go Bills!

Beane could’ve drafted WR’s since 2018 and hasn’t. 

Then he wouldn’t have had to extend Diggs desperately in 2022. Something that gave Diggs tremendous leverage in 2022 and 2023.

He did neglect the WR room for multiple seasons, and is still neglecting it and Josh is going to pay for it when his career ends at 31 like Cam Newton.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Yea Josh was on board because Diggs is selfish ####### 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah it's all Stef's fault for Beane not drafting a 2nd wr. 

Even if they drafted a 4th round rookie how does that make up for losing diggs? It doesn’t. We will figure it out by committee and running the ball this year. 

• Agree 1

Beane relied on Diggs and ignored the signs there was a problem there (kind of like he did w/ Gabe Davis). Beane chose to trade Diggs. Beane was in charge of the plan to replace him & Beane made the draft picks we made & passed on the WR we chose not to draft. Kind of hard to say Beane bears no responsibility with a straight face.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Beane could’ve drafted WR’s since 2018 and hasn’t. 

Then he wouldn’t have had to extend Diggs desperately in 2022. Something that gave Diggs tremendous leverage in 2022 and 2023.

He did neglect the WR room for multiple seasons, and is still neglecting it and Josh is going to pay for it when his career ends at 31 like Cam Newton.

Why would we be drafting WRs high when they had Diggs and other serviceable players? They also drafted Kincaid high last year and again this year. What are you crying about? 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Why would we be drafting WRs high when they had Diggs and other serviceable players? They also drafted Kincaid high last year and again this year. What are you crying about? 

Kincaid is a TE.

Why would we draft a WR high when Diggs was 29 and Gabe Davis had one foot out the door? Is that a serious question?

Why did the Cowboys draft an LT in the first when they had Tyron Smith?

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Because that's the basis of most ppls existence in this board.  Maybe it's age but I kinda don't let it get to me much anymore.  It's entertainment not gonna let it get me all worked up

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Beane relied on Diggs and ignored the signs there was a problem there (kind of like he did w/ Gabe Davis). Beane chose to trade Diggs. Beane was in charge of the plan to replace him & Beane made the draft picks we made & passed on the WR we chose not to draft. Kind of hard to say Beane bears no responsibility with a straight face.

It’s amazing that crybabies like yourself think you can just magically replace a wr that has been a top wr over the last 4 years with pick 28 in the draft. I guess you didn’t realize that we can change the offensive gameplan and do things differently and still win games just like we did last year with diggs being a ghost. F*** diggs. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Yea Josh was on board because Diggs is selfish ####### 

Even if they drafted a 4th round rookie how does that make up for losing diggs? It doesn’t. We will figure it out by committee and running the ball this year. 

Who said it had to be a fourth round rookie.  Bills could have easily had both Ladd and a Mitchell 

• Like (+1) 1

Oh I know Beane should have traded the next 4 first round picks to the Vikings to get Jefferson lol. Some of you people are beyond ridiculous with the whining about not having a top 5 receiver. 

1 minute ago, <bills4life> said:

Who said it had to be a fourth round rookie.  Bills could have easily had both Ladd and a Mitchell 

Who cares? You think Ladd and Mitchell are top 10 receivers? We drafted Coleman. How do you even know he’s not going to grow into his role. The whining is out of control. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs wanted to win and he saw everyone else was just happy with hanging afc east banners. Most of you are going to love this team no matter what and that's your prerogative but he has no ties here and only has a few years left in his career and he wanted to win at least once and he didn't think he could do it here so best of luck to him. I hope he finds what he's looking for

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Kincaid is a TE.

Why would we draft a WR high when Diggs was 29 and Gabe Davis had one foot out the door? Is that a serious question?

Why did the Cowboys draft an LT in the first when they had Tyron Smith?

Yea he’s a TE that is going to dominate the middle of the field like gronkowski, Kelce, and cooper cupp. You know the players the last 8 superbowls winners have gone through. Tell me how many superbowls Jefferson and chase have won? 

How about I blame the GM/coach. That is the only in the league to not draft a wr in the 1st 3 rounds in 5 years?  They will go down in history and discussed decades later as "Mcdefense" and a failure for having the most talented qb buffalo has ever had and never even sniffed a SB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Diggs wanted to win and he saw everyone else was just happy with hanging afc east banners. Most of you are going to love this team no matter what and that's your prerogative but he has no ties here and only has a few years left in his career and he wanted to win at least once and he didn't think he could do it here so best of luck to him. I hope he finds what he's looking for

I gave diggs all the benefit of the doubt until he dropped the ball in the KC game and motioned to Josh that he was a little off then kept talking trash about his teammate on Twitter. The guy is a ***** clown. Yea he’s a winner alright lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Exactly, if you can't smooth things over with Diggs that's on you. Ignore him and benefit from his on field play and try to win a superbowl again. The reason Cincinatti gave for not trading Higgins was "We're trying to win a superbowl"

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Exactly.  They stuck with Davis.  They had Shakir to step in.  They drafted other key players along the way to fill holes - like all GMs there were hits and misses. 

Yes I would have made a hard decision on Davis after 2022 to move on.  But why create another hole in a SB window.  

We took our last swing to get over the hump with Von.  Injuries derailed 2022-23.  

Beane is getting way too much flack over not having spent more picks on WR when 2 starters (one elite the other a hope for break out waiting to happen) were firmly in place.  

Which one was going to the bench after we draft one in 2022 or 2023?  

They had a plan.  It worked.  Horrific coaching in 13 seconds and injuries in 2022-23 ended our seasons.  

And Diggs quit in the middle of it.  When, why, how, we don’t know - but it’s a pretty safe bet to say that guy just wanted to get out before the rebuild - and the only way to do it was to be a prick.  That likely cost us on the field.  This goes back now to 2 seasons.  

If he’s not a prick, they can’t trade him.  He forced the issue.  And we’re left a month before the draft needing another WR and carry 25 mill in dead cap.   

Be upset we might need another WR.  But that ain’t 100% Bean’s fault.  It’s 90% on Diggs and 10% Beane.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2