Where to go from here?

I presume those that wanted to drink their Hemlock have done so by now and those on a ledge have either stepped off or backed off the ledge.  To those fans who didn't commit Seppuku last night, lets talk about where to go from here.  YES giving KC who they wanted sucks, but Beane was smart enough to take a 3rd round pick from them on their path to getting him. Moving up picks for a one slot drop with Carolina was smart as well.

Folks are screaming about 3 WR off the board they wanted, and I get it, but the reality is Worthy wasn't that great at Texas, his claim to fame is his 40 time at the combine. I see him getting some TD's but he is NOT Hill, period.  Legette? Big boy, tests well, and only took 5 years to put up a really good season.  I am not worried about either coming back to haunt us.

So where do we go from here? #33 has always been regarded as a highly valued pick. 1st pick of the 2nd round and you get almost 24 hours to reassemble your board after everyone has drafted.  Do we pick at 33 or trade down, well it depends.  I would normally trade that sucker and stockpile picks, BUT there is most certainly going to be a run on WR's to start the 2nd round.  The Bills, I feel, were going to take Troy Franklin all along or maybe McConkey. Franklin nor McConkey are going to last long. Some are talking Safety with Cooper DeJean.  The problem is you just don't take a Safety that high. What we need are impact players right now and WR greatly outweighs Safety.  DT is another way we could go. 

Personally I don't know if I trade down from 33, but if we did I don't go below Washington and pray no one else wants Franklin like we do.  I don't get cute and take the WR I want at 33, try to use some of our 5th rounders to trade up in round 2 and round 3 if possible. WR, DT, CB, S are my targets for the rest of this draft.  Unless... SF wants to let us take Aiyuk off their hands or Seattle wants to let us have DK Metcalf.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Like you said - there is going to be a run on WR's.  If they really like a guy, I think they have to take him at 33.  I like Mitchell, personally - but I know almost nothing.

UNLESS there is some trade in the works for an vet WR - which I also think is very possible.  But they have to get a WR tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I agree by the time the bills have their second pick in round 2 there is going to be a run on WRs. 
The Bills have to make a decision do they take Cooper Dejean who is literally Mel Kipers 14th ranked player and risk missing out on the WRs hoping Josh can make it work with say a Roman Wilson or do they take their  highest rated receiver on their board…which is probably between Mitchell, Mckonkey, and Franklin. 
Im guessing this one is going all the way till they actually pick tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think they'll try to trade back one more time,  probably to 35 or 36 and try to upgrade another 4th into a 3rd in the process.  I wouldn't move back any further.  

I think they take Franklin or McConkey with their first pick.  Pick 60 lines up on safety value in this draft,  so that would be my guess there,  though I could also see another WR or a DT.  Might even trade up or down.  

If they don't select two WRs with the first two picks,  I think they will with the 3rd and day three will be defensive depth and maybe an early C prospect.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I think they'll try to trade back one more time,  probably to 35 or 36 and try to upgrade another 4th into a 3rd in the process.  I wouldn't move back any further.  

I think they take Franklin or McConkey with their first pick.  Pick 60 lines up on safety value in this draft,  so that would be my guess there,  though I could also see another WR or a DT.  Might even trade up or down.  

If they don't select two WRs with the first two picks,  I think they will with the 3rd and day three will be defensive depth and maybe an early C prospect.  

If you're not going to take DeJean, then this scenario makes the most sense.  I really hope Beane is able to pull off a trade back.  The other option is taking DeJean and trying to move back up in the 2nd round to grab a guy like Franklin or Coleman.  I assume both of those guys will be gone by pick 60.

• Like (+1) 1

My biggest hope at this point would be to stay where they are, take Cooper DeJean, who would be outstanding value there, and then trade our 2nd, 2nd round pick along with a few of our day 3 pics to move back into the 36-45 range and there we take the best receiver on our board remaining.  

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

If you're not going to take DeJean, then this scenario makes the most sense.  I really hope Beane is able to pull off a trade back.  The other option is taking DeJean and trying to move back up in the 2nd round to grab a guy like Franklin or Coleman.  I assume both of those guys will be gone by pick 60.

I'm just concerned if you move back and NE takes the WR you want.  Or the chargers.  You've moved back twice... get the guy you want because he won't be there at 60, and might not be there at 37.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'm just concerned if you move back and NE takes the WR you want.  Or the chargers.  You've moved back twice... get the guy you want because he won't be there at 60, and might not be there at 37.  

If there's a guy they love, then sure, they should stay put and grab him.  But if they have McConkey, Mitchell, Franklin, Coleman all sort of ranked similarly on their board, then I think they should move back a bit to increase the value of one of their later 2nd or 3rd rounders.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

If there's a guy they love, then sure, they should stay put and grab him.  But if they have McConkey, Mitchell, Franklin, Coleman all sort of ranked similarly on their board, then I think they should move back a bit to increase the value of one of their later 2nd or 3rd rounders.

Certainly possible.  There's going to be another run - then i think our next one will be a move up in the 4th round for another.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I presume those that wanted to drink their Hemlock have done so by now and those on a ledge have either stepped off or backed off the ledge.  To those fans who didn't commit Seppuku last night, lets talk about where to go from here.  YES giving KC who they wanted sucks, but Beane was smart enough to take a 3rd round pick from them on their path to getting him. Moving up picks for a one slot drop with Carolina was smart as well.

Folks are screaming about 3 WR off the board they wanted, and I get it, but the reality is Worthy wasn't that great at Texas, his claim to fame is his 40 time at the combine. I see him getting some TD's but he is NOT Hill, period.  Legette? Big boy, tests well, and only took 5 years to put up a really good season.  I am not worried about either coming back to haunt us.

So where do we go from here? #33 has always been regarded as a highly valued pick. 1st pick of the 2nd round and you get almost 24 hours to reassemble your board after everyone has drafted.  Do we pick at 33 or trade down, well it depends.  I would normally trade that sucker and stockpile picks, BUT there is most certainly going to be a run on WR's to start the 2nd round.  The Bills, I feel, were going to take Troy Franklin all along or maybe McConkey. Franklin nor McConkey are going to last long. Some are talking Safety with Cooper DeJean.  The problem is you just don't take a Safety that high. What we need are impact players right now and WR greatly outweighs Safety.  DT is another way we could go. 

Personally I don't know if I trade down from 33, but if we did I don't go below Washington and pray no one else wants Franklin like we do.  I don't get cute and take the WR I want at 33, try to use some of our 5th rounders to trade up in round 2 and round 3 if possible. WR, DT, CB, S are my targets for the rest of this draft.  Unless... SF wants to let us take Aiyuk off their hands or Seattle wants to let us have DK Metcalf.

My ghost has been posting all morning 

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I agree with a lot of what you say here. However, about the bolded. If they have a guy that stands out and is "their guy" then yes, agree, don't get cute and pick your player 

However do they have a group of guys lumped together? Are they looking at it as "Well, we can Grab DeJean, Newton, Franklin, Roman Wilson, Ladd, or a few others that are all about the same grade and be happy"? If so, another small trade back makes the world of sense. We'll know which they have in a few hours. 

Where to go from here? 

Straight to the super bowl!