The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

15 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

There's plenty of chances for movement on day two for the Bills. Washington is one team where there's potential. Philadelphia is another. Could possibly move up in the 3rd round with TB. Beane has the Queen to move around the chess board

What queen are you referring to?  

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

For me, it's not the production, it's having good players.  We need more good players - yes, Shakir and Kincaid are good.  But right now we're replacing Diggs and Davis with Samuel and ?(Hollins??).  What a downgrade.

IMO to stay one of the top contenders we need another good WR - really 2, one can be a rookie though.

If you have good players that aren't playing good, what's the point of having those good players? Like the quote from Moneyball, "If he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?" Diggs and Davis were not carrying the mail for the Bills anymore after the bye... and the Bills started winning. It's a stretch to claim it's just because they were the greatest decoys ever because everyone knows they're good players and that they drew off all the coverage. In theory, if you take "talent" out of the equation and simply replace players who aren't playing good with players who are playing good, then you're a better team for it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This.  & hopefully still get Franklin

DeJean

some speed project WR later

I thinks that's an either or pick ^

Edited by 3rdand12

5 minutes ago, noacls said:

Per Greg Cosell on Mitchell. Told of significant character issues by AFC  coach

Tell the whole story.  Cosell also said he was told that Mitchell could be a top 10 NFL receiver and end up as good as the top 3 wr's in this draft if he puts things together.  So basically, low floor and super high ceiling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Why is everyone worried about "replacing Diggs' and Davis' production"? The last half of the season Diggs and Davis weren't replacing Diggs' and Davis' production, Shakir and Kincaid were.

Man I know Diggs is using this ‘I was doubled’ excuse but watching some of these games down the stretch idk if it was a physical decline or a mental decline or what but he wasn’t all there doubled or not 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Bills seem to love him. What receiver do you like best?

I agree that they seem to really like him.  I would avoid AD Mitchell - too many reports of character/effort issues for my taste.  I don’t like Keon Coleman at any spot in round 2.  I do like Ladd McConkey, but I acknowledge that he has some size/durability risk and probably isn’t a deep threat in spite of his 4.39 40.  Polk and Baker are interesting, but not until late round 2 or later.

Of course, these are just my fan opinions.

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Tell the whole story.  Cosell also said he was told that Mitchell could be a top 10 NFL receiver and end up as good as the top 3 wr's in this draft if he puts things together.  So basically, low floor and super high ceiling

Yes let's draft a problem since Diggs worked out so well. 31 mill in dead cap is awesome

I'm warming up to McConkey, probably because I think his tape is just so much better than Franklin, Mitchell and Coleman.  Doesn't help the deep ball, but maybe they can find someone later on that can push the safeties back.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I agree that they seem to really like him.  I would avoid AD Mitchell - too many reports of character/effort issues for my taste.  I don’t like Keon Coleman at any spot in round 2.  I do like Ladd McConkey, but I acknowledge that he has some size/durability risk and probably isn’t a deep threat in spite of his 4.39 40.  Polk and Baker are interesting, but not until late round 2 or later.

I would love Polk, but honestly I don't think we love him. Buffalo has very minimal if any contact with him so far. I think it's Coleman at 33🤮 or Dejean which I'd be okay with...same with Kool-Aid and take best WR at 60

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Ladd has always been my favorite, and he could play Z, but his weakness is getting off blocks at the LOS so prob never can play X.  Therefore we'd have to draft an X and not sure whom that would be?  Unless we can trade for one. I like Coleman at 60 because he does have quickness, despite his 4.61 40.  Polk is a football player, afraid of nothing, but, unfortunately doesn't have a 5th gear.  I nsaying that, if you tell me we can draft Ladd at 33 and either Coleman or Pol at 60 (or with a slight trade up), I'm 100% all for that

1 minute ago, Monty98 said:

I would love Polk, but honestly I don't think we love him. Buffalo has very minimal if any contact with him so far. I think it's Coleman at 33🤮 or Dejean which I'd be okay with...same with Kool-Aid and take best WR at 60

be careful with that.  Buffalo had very little, if any, contact with Kinkaid before the draft last year

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Why not Cooper ?

1) Using our top pick on a DB

2) I think he lacks some physical attributes (quickness, arm length, height) that will hurt him in the NFL game

3) He played some bad QB's and offenses which make his tape look better

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

If you have good players that aren't playing good, what's the point of having those good players? Like the quote from Moneyball, "If he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?" Diggs and Davis were not carrying the mail for the Bills anymore after the bye... and the Bills started winning. It's a stretch to claim it's just because they were the greatest decoys ever because everyone knows they're good players and that they drew off all the coverage. In theory, if you take "talent" out of the equation and simply replace players who aren't playing good with players who are playing good, then you're a better team for it.

I agree Diggs and Davis fell off and Shakir rose, and Kincaid looks like he will be excellent.

But to me, we still want two good WRs.  It's an important position.  Having Diggs not be good was extremely costly - seems like they had already factored and game planned for Davis' dropoff.

I want a good rookie WR - hoping for McConkey/Franklin/coleman/AD group.  But I also want a good vet WR.  I'm hoping the moves Beane made can bring home both - that the man I know as a wizard.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm warming up to McConkey, probably because I think his tape is just so much better than Franklin, Mitchell and Coleman.  Doesn't help the deep ball, but maybe they can find someone later on that can push the safeties back.

We have Shakir and Samuel. I dont think the WR gets better with McConkey. We need Mitchell, Polk or Franklin . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

be careful with that.  Buffalo had very little, if any, contact with Kinkaid before the draft last year

Oh I'm well aware! I'm just saying there hasn't been even combine I don't think nor were we at the proday. Kinkaid had at least met at the Combine I believe 

Just now, ngbills said:

1) Using our top pick on a DB

2) I think he lacks some physical attributes (quickness, arm length, height) that will hurt him in the NFL game

3) He played some bad QB's and offenses which make his tape look better

And the Bills seems to like him. Whats his upside as you see it ?

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We have Shakir and Samuel. I dont think the WR gets better with McConkey. We need Mitchell, Polk or Franklin . 

I wan both.  Mitchell at 33, Ladd at 37ish (pick 60, a 5th and a 3rd next year, or something along those lines)

• Thank you (+1) 1