Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

SF may have wanted him and that prompted KC to jump ahead of them. He’s too slight anyway. 

That's a good point. Worthy is a scheme fit in SF (that's why I'm surprised that Miami didn't take him), but KC is chasing the Tyreek Hill dragon since they traded him. I don't know why, given the fact that they just won two straight SB without him and really could have used a DB, but they really feel that need.

BTW, I have KC PTSD as much as anyone, but Worthy gives me John Ross vibes all day. That speed is seductive, but Tyreek is great because he's an elite route runner first and fast second. I remember the entire city of Cincinnati (I live here) begging Marvin Lewis to play Ross more, but when he did he couldn't get open or catch footballs. I mean, if speed and size is all you need to play WR the Bills just need to convince Ely De La Cruz to switch sports. 

13 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

yes he did - but he dissed all his other picks too.....don't cherry pick.

He did?

"Shakir averaged 36 yards per game last year, so I wouldn't point to him as this major coup of a pick.

Buffalo's best draft pick used on a WR in 6 drafts is a 4th on Davis. And he was so good they let him walk in UFA. 

McBeane have found most of their production from UFA or trades at the position in a league which prioritizes them in the draft."

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

25 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Any reason not to take Adonai Mitchell? He's 6'4.

He's 6'2".

But yes, he was the consensus #5 WR in the class. If we take him at #33, many in the media will immediately look at Beane as a genius for maneuvering to acquire better picks while still getting a guy that many of the media members believes can be a special player.

Personally, I'm not as high on him and there's a handful of WRs available now that I'd take ahead of him, but I do have a 2nd round grade on him.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

It's definitely concerning.  Beane has to draft two WRs in the second and third rounds tomorrow, right?

The Bills have no 3rd draft picks.

Two 2nd round draft picks, one 4th round pick and pretty much the entire 5th round of picks.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, appoo said:

Also Gabe Davis is better than any Chiefs WR other than Tyreke Hill

Lol in what way?

The same guy Bills fans couldn't wait to get off the team? The same guy who Bills fans said wasn't even good enough as a number 2? I guarantee Rice will be better in no time, if he isn't already. Completely blinded by homerism.

It also doesn't change my original point. "Lucky" or not, the Chiefs have a better track record with their WRs than us. At least they hit on one.

Edited by BigDingus

I hate the fact that DeJean seems like SUCH a McDermott guy and the fact that he slipped out of the first round might be too difficult for the Bills to resist, even though it should not even be a consideration with the state of our WR room.

I am going to be on edge until the 2nd round begins. Thankfully we pick first. For now, anyway.

Just now, BigDingus said:

Lol in what way?

The same guy Bills fans couldn't wait to get off the team? The same guy who Bills fans said wasn't even good enough as a number 2? I guarantee Rice will be better in no time, if he isn't already. Completely blinded by homerism.

Bills fans couldn’t wait to get any chiefs receivers off their team if they had all the chiefs receivers to be fair lol 

1 minute ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

The Bills have no 3rd draft picks.

Two 2nd round draft picks, one 4th round pick and pretty much the entire 5th round of picks.

After the trades - they have 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th - plus a bunch of 5ths - 7ths.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Lol in what way?

It also doesn't change my original point. "Lucky" or not, the Chiefs have a better track record with their WRs than us. At least they hit on one.

I'm being a homer on a guy who I'm indifferent on if he stayed or left this season, and certainly believe he wasn't worth the money the Jags gave him?  

People are freaked the ***** out by the Chiefs name. They've been basically awful drafting early other than 1 particular pick