2023-24 NHL Playoffs

T&C

Ah, Palmieri…. How did you miss that?!! Soo close to tying the game.

Im rooting for the NYI in this series because I want Carolina’s season over ASAP just in case Rod Brind’amor somehow becomes available. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Tonight, I get to enjoy my Isles dropping game 2 in the series. The Canes are just better. Hoping Boston can put another beating on the Leafs as well. I don't like B's as they are a Boston team but seeing Tavares lose again makes this Isles fan happy. Plus, "F" the Leafs. They are Canada's version of the Rags.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Nice kill by the Leafs... hold on... hold on to the lead.

Edit... Excellent win, nothing like seeing the Bruins go down in their house.

Edited by T&C

Sigh watching my Islanders last night was like watching a 3-stooges episode. I thought this might go 5. After last night this has sweep written all over it. What kind of a dumbass team can't protect a 3-0 midway through the game. LOSERS, LOSERS who just flat-out suck.

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Sigh watching my Islanders last night was like watching a 3-stooges episode. I thought this might go 5. After last night this has sweep written all over it. What kind of a dumbass team can't protect a 3-0 midway through the game. LOSERS, LOSERS who just flat-out suck.

A team that gets one shot on goal in 30 minutes. That was brutal, you could see it coming before the third period started. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know he is trying to catch Gretsky's all-time record for most goals but #8 looks done. At 38 "Father Time" appears to have caught up with him. He should call it career after this season.  One of the all-time greats and a slam dunk for the HOF but he doesn't have it anymore IMHO.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

That save Bobrovsky made last night vs Tampa. 

I watched that whole game last night... it was a Great save but if you asked me it was more like luck, he spun around and put his arm out without seeing the puck. Glad he made it for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Special K said:

After an injury plagued regular season, it looks like the VGK is back!

I wonder if any team has won back to back Cups with two different goalies??

Detroit did in 97 and 98 with Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I think you need to see a doctor about that. It doesn't sound right.

Before we had the Sabres the Leafs were the only hockey we could in WNY ota... sometimes. Depended on the weather. Always have a soft spot for the Leafs. 

I was just joking with you. I might be a bit younger, I dunno, but I do remember watching the Leafs.

I used to like them, whereas I have always disliked the Bruins, though I admired Bobby Orr, for instance.

There's something entitled about Toronto, and their fans, I'm not sure, that turned me against them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gregg said:

GMNJyA3XwAAioMt?format=png&name=small

Isles fan here but aren't the Leafs the Sabres biggest rival with the Bruins a close second.

It depends on when one started liking/watching hockey I suppose. Younger fans hate them, and the Bruins but for some it was the 1st hockey we ever got to watch on TV... so yeah, a soft spot for them here.

• Like (+1) 1