Iran attacks Israel

7882cc47-d140-41d4-8e46-51fd1927475b-105

Report: Israel Readies Air Force to 'Forcefully'
Deliver 'Retaliatory Counter-Strike' Against Iran

by Mike Miller

I wanted to end my headline with "Joe Biden Hardest Hit," but it would've been too long and perhaps a bit too snarky. Besides, we'll get to that part in a bit. Either way, it's coming, folks, and the Islamist extremists in Iran will deserve every minute of an Israeli retaliatory counter-strike, which is reportedly already in the making. Israel's reliable Channel 12 news carried the initial report on Monday, which has since been widely covered by local media in the Jewish state. Here's more: Israel has decided to hit Iran “clearly and forcefully” and is already preparing its warplanes to carry out the strike

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2024/04/15/report-israeli-readies-air-force-to-forcefully-deliver-retaliatory-counter-strike-against-iran-n2172822#google_vignette

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

7882cc47-d140-41d4-8e46-51fd1927475b-105

Report: Israel Readies Air Force to 'Forcefully'
Deliver 'Retaliatory Counter-Strike' Against Iran

by Mike Miller

I wanted to end my headline with "Joe Biden Hardest Hit," but it would've been too long and perhaps a bit too snarky. Besides, we'll get to that part in a bit. Either way, it's coming, folks, and the Islamist extremists in Iran will deserve every minute of an Israeli retaliatory counter-strike, which is reportedly already in the making. Israel's reliable Channel 12 news carried the initial report on Monday, which has since been widely covered by local media in the Jewish state. Here's more: Israel has decided to hit Iran “clearly and forcefully” and is already preparing its warplanes to carry out the strike

https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2024/04/15/report-israeli-readies-air-force-to-forcefully-deliver-retaliatory-counter-strike-against-iran-n2172822#google_vignette

Thanks for the update B-Man.  Much appreciated.

This is crazy news.  They did say it was coming.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He has to clean up Trump's mess?

He issued enough executive orders reversing Trump's policies.  So, yes, he has to execute and adhere to his own policies. He's his own person and POTUS.  His hands are not tied.  He has the power to do his own thing.  Trump is not president, Biden is.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

Yup. Sadly, I fully expect Israel to escalate. The time of their response probably depends on the time that they plan to initiate the Rafah offensive in southern Gaza. Having to manage a war on multiple fronts (including the Hezbollah one), with a sagging economy and limited manpower and strained international relationships, COULD hopefully convince them to abandon a retaliatory response altogether. However…Israel’s motivations for bombing the Iranian consulate building in Syria were fairly transparent. A regional war for them accomplishes the following:

1. Further delays Israel’s calls for elections, thereby allowing the domestically unpopular Bibi to maintain power and avoid facing corruption charges.

2. Sinks Biden’s own domestic popularity possibly through November. Trump is likely viewed as the more reliable ally to Israel who will let Bibi do whatever he wants (which is not to say that AIPAC-controlled Genocide Joe has been a shining beacon of morality, but it’s obvious which side in American politics faces more anti-Zionism pressure from its constituents).

3. Bolsters wavering U.S. motivation to continue supplying Israel with weapons that, in turn, can also be used (illegally) for Israel’s genocide in Gaza.

4. Distracts from the Gazan genocide.

5. Provides the means and justification to destroy Iran’s nuclear weapons capabilities (Israel’s ultimate objective with Iran).

Quick Angry Kay Side Rant: What’s so amusing to me are all the MAGA types criticizing Biden for his dovish stance on Iran. Whatever happened to being anti-war, anti-establishment, and anti-MIC?? These alleged right-wing “populists,” blinded by their political tribalism and latent Islamophobia, are essentially American supremacists and closet neocon imperialists…intellectual children whose minds exist in a dichotomous world of good guys vs. bad guys, like some bad Hollywood action movie. Some of these MAGA-ts also have significant financial investments in military contractor companies, yet no children of their own who would be sent to fight and die in another stupid Middle East war. Ugh! Angry Kay is angry!

Hamas/Iran should have considered 2nd and 3rd order effects before their barbaric October 7th offensive.  But stay mad.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

What mess?  In Ukraine?  No.  In Israel/Iran?  No.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hamas/Iran should have considered 2nd and 3rd order effects before their barbaric October 7th offensive.  But stay mad.

What mess?  In Ukraine?  No.  In Israel/Iran?  No.

Everything is trumps fault when you have orange man bad syndrome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, because it's his job as President to do that.  Who else should? Trump?  Maybe he'll get a chance LOL.

Reagan had to clean up Carter's mess.  Clinton had to clean up HW's mess. Obama had to clean up W's mess ...

And soon Kennedy will have to clean up Uncle Joe's mess.

If he can't handle the job or doesn't want to do it  then maybe President Biden should not be running for reelection.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/16/2024 at 7:43 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

The last week has been a slow wagging of the dog.

Notice no one ever calls for Hamas to give up, surrender.

It comes down to power differentials and leverage. Israel is a full-fledged nation with a bona fide military that the U.S. funds. Hamas is a comparably small band of psychotic and intransigent insurgents. The first step of negotiations is for the U.S. to get the far-right Israeli government to stand down. Steps down the line, we’ll need the Gazan populace to turn on Hamas. But the latter can’t proceed before the former.

FYI: No one in this subforum condones the actions of Hamas, though a handful of us here do have a more complete and thoughtful understanding of why they occurred.

23 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A phobia is typically an irrational fear of something.  Islamophobia, by definition is an irrational fear of Islam.  But is it irrational?  Because these religious zealots do really want to kill Christians and Jews.  And any other non-believers.  Of course there are Christian and Jewish zealots that want to kill Muslims too.   

I think there's a major distinction between so-called MAGA and Neocons/Neoliberals.  Because there are two Americas.  America the country, and America the Empire.  For the purpose of simplicity, MAGA is about what's best for the country and Neocons/Neoliberals are about what's best for the Empire.  Most of what Washington claims its all about is support of the country but that's just a ruse.  What they really do is about maintaining the Empire.  What other country has 600 military bases (and 100's of other CIA, intel units) spread around the world?  That's consistent with the attributes and actions of Empire.  All for the good of the people you occupy, right?  I consider the European continent of "independent democracies" to be vassal States under the control of Washington.  They have no major policies or programs outside the sphere of Washington's control.  NATO for example is primarily a mechanism of control for Washington and not a defense alliance.  That's the world of the Neocon.  I could go on..

The problem for the Empire in the 2020's is its out of money and the international system of finance that allowed it to borrow and spend infinite amounts of money to maintain its control is breaking down and in the process of being replaced by a multi-polar system of global finances which is challenging the supremacy of the US dollar.  The fight everywhere is about resisting this transition. 

Oh, IN THEORY, I totally agree with the distinction you articulate between MAGA and neocons! IN PRACTICE, however, my argument is that MAGA types tend to easily fall back into more comfortable realms of political tribalism and traditional conservative biases. In other words: they’re not very policy-driven after all.

This current Middle East conflict has been a good case example of what I mean. MAGA people fashion themselves to be standing in great contrast to MIC-loving neocons like John Bolton, but a vocal majority of them have been in full support of Israel’s genocide while cheering on extremely aggressive provocations toward Iran, dating back to Trump’s reign (reneging on JCPOA, the Abraham Accords, Soleimani’s assassination, etc.). These provocations, of course, can quickly spiral into boots-on-the-ground internecine warfare a la the 2003-2011 Iraq War, which is great for the MIC and neocon politicians but bad for Americans and the world. MAGA types believe in American primacy to the point that our country’s own policy vacillations aren’t considered from Iran’s perspective, which is not only terrible diplomacy but also arguably deeply rooted in reactionary prejudices.

I do really like your post, by the way! By linking neoconservatism with neoliberalism, you clearly understand what it means to be a “populist” fighting the corporate oligarchy (a.k.a. the true “establishment”). I agree that the European countries, through the web of NATO, operate as vassal state extensions of American imperialism. I also agree that our overextended military is helping to eventually bankrupt us and destroy the dollar’s status as the world’s reserve currency.

Regarding Islamophobia: Fear of religious zealotry and religious nationalism is always rational, but that’s equally true for Christianity (see: Bible Belt abortion laws) and Judaism (see: Gaza genocide) as it is for Islam. The crux of Islamophobia is judging the character of individuals and prioritizing human life based on religious affiliation. What the Sam Harris types don’t get is that you can’t uncouple the current state of Muslim-majority countries from the influence of American and European imperialism. Once upon a time, the Islamic world was a nexus of human enlightenment while the Christian world was an intellectual backwater…so other factors are apparently in play.

22 hours ago, Westside said:

Yawn……….it’s always evil MAGA people. You are a magaphobic. You belittle and demean anyone who doesn’t fall in line with your marxists views. You are a shining example of the Democratic parties left wing nut jobs who have taken over the party. 
You and your ilk disgusts me, this is coming from a lifelong democrat who walked away from the evil left wing democrat party because they no longer represent what the Democratic Party used to believe in!!

Good morning, sunshine! Yay!! You unblocked me!

Springtime: a season of verdant bloom and floral ebullience, of new beginnings and rekindled friendships, of political revolution and Marxist subversion…welcome back, dear reader.

16 hours ago, Doc said:

That’s reasonable retrospective advice for Hamas and Iran, but I’m more focused on our own country’s involvement and what we, as a free-speech-loving democratic nation, can presumably control in this moment. I call balls and strikes with public policy, regardless of the administration in office, and especially given the gravity of what’s at stake. Such is the modus operandi of one Commie Kay.

My perspective: Biden took the 100% right approach by helping to defend Israel from Iran’s attacks and then subsequently telling both Israel and Iran that the U.S. won’t participate in any retaliatory offensive. Conversely, Biden has been largely terrible since October 7 by not placing conditions on our aid to Israel (and by not threatening sanctions down the line, for that matter).

It should be super obvious that Bibi has been working to undermine any hope of rapprochement between the U.S. and Iran. His objectives are territorial seizure and broader regional hegemony, and Iran is the biggest impediment to these objectives. Drawing the U.S. into a war with Iran is the only way Bibi can achieve them.

And yes, of course I’m staying mad about possibly getting sucked into another Middle East war!!! I guess I’m one of those crazy peace-loving hippy types that supports nuclear power plants, not nuclear weapons. I think Jimi Hendrix and Jefferson Airplane were pretty groovy, too. Oh, and fashion fads from the late 60’s and early 70’s? Yes, please. PEACE out, - Commie Kay

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

And yes, of course I’m staying mad about possibly getting sucked into another Middle East war!!! I guess I’m one of those crazy peace-loving hippy types that supports nuclear power plants, not nuclear weapons. I think Jimi Hendrix and Jefferson Airplane were pretty groovy, too. Oh, and fashion fads from the late 60’s and early 70’s? Yes, please. PEACE out, - Commie Kay

Not much room for the antiwar people in US government, no matter the party.

Remember Obama running on ending wars in 08.  but then Cindy S. got dumped in the trash after the win.

Now of days if we end one, it's just to move the resources to the new theatre.

the real question is if Irans allies will defend Iran when Israel attacks Iran.

and any voice talking about not supporting war, is called an isolationist.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Agree 1

Ok Israel is stupid and just asking for war now. This is not good. Netanyahu is an idiot and is planning on us to fight for them.

Edited by Andy1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, yall said:

Israel has a moral imperative to hit Iranian nuclear facilities.

Very difficult challenge for them.

They don't have the military ability to do really serious damage, as they don't have a strategic bomber capable of delivering the weapons necessary.

They can do things through internal Iranian sabotage, and I think being an Iranian nuclear engineer has proven to be an unfortunate job title over the years, but the Iranian program has been largely deep underground and dispersed to many sites.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Ok Israel is stupid and just asking for war now. This is not good. Netanyahu is an idiot and is planning on us to fight for them.

Some argue the original stupid thing was IRAN training, funding and issuing orders for its quasi military to attack Israeli citizens and lob missiles at them on the daily. (And ripped water pipes out of the ground to build said missiles).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Some argue the original stupid thing was IRAN training, funding and issuing orders for its quasi military to attack Israeli citizens and lob missiles at them on the daily. (And ripped water pipes out of the ground to build said missiles).

Or giving Iran billions of dollars...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Very difficult challenge for them.

They don't have the military ability to do really serious damage, as they don't have a strategic bomber capable of delivering the weapons necessary.

They can do things through internal Iranian sabotage, and I think being an Iranian nuclear engineer has proven to be an unfortunate job title over the years, but the Iranian program has been largely deep underground and dispersed to many sites.

For sure, All they can really do is sabotage and slow things down. At the same time, there are probably enough above ground infrastructure in facilities where strikes can do damage to continue to thwart their efforts to get a bomb.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, yall said:

For sure, All they can really do is sabotage and slow things down. At the same time, there are probably enough above ground infrastructure in facilities where strikes can do damage to continue to thwart their efforts to get a bomb.

Wonder if there is a modern Stuxnet option.