NFL draft rumors 2024

25 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Smaller size. He’ll be the # 2 DT off the board just because Murphy is bigger 

Johnny started the off season as a solid mid teens Round 1 pick.. now he is the end of Round 1 guy that the “experts” try to squeeze in when they do Round 1 only mocks …

The Kiper Belt with Field of Dreams Yates have him at 49 on their latest … but they have  a bet each way and says they expect a team to still take him in Round 1… lols all round there … sometimes they pick with what they expect teams to do … and others it’s their opinions …

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Johnny started the off season as a solid mid teens Round 1 pick.. now he is the end of Round 1 guy that the “experts” try to squeeze in when they do Round 1 only mocks …

The Kiper Belt with Field of Dreams Yates have him at 49 on their latest … but they have  a bet each way and says they expect a team to still take him in Round 1… lols all round there … sometimes they pick with what they expect teams to do … and others it’s their opinions …

His production on tape is undeniable but he lacks a lot of the desirable traits that NFL teams want as a top guy. There are very few guys like Aaron Donald who make it at the level he did. Oliver was drafted 9th but I think most would agree he wasn't worth that pick 5 years in. He has been a good to great player at times but hasn't lived up to the elite potential.

Its unfortunate but a lot of teams have minimums for their positions and if any guy doesn't hit them it doesn't necessarily mean their off the board but they do get dinged for it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is kind of a juicy one. 

Is it, though?

He says that they haven't heard anything about it...but basically if could possibly maybe sorta happen. But nothing has been said.

He sounds like someone posting here tbh😂😂

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Is it, though?

He says that they haven't heard anything about it...but basically if could possibly maybe sorta happen. But nothing has been said.

He sounds like someone posting here tbh😂😂

he is suggesting that something is possible … like no kidding Sherlock 😂

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

they haven’t heard anything about it because Beane is Stealth and moves in the shadows

Or he doesn’t want to do it .. or the other teams  don’t  want to trade down that far or they just prefer to take Nabors or  Odunze themselves …

Not as much fun to dream otherwise though … we’ll know in 11 days of dreams come true 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

he is suggesting that something is possible … like no kidding Sherlock 😂

"We could see some teams move up. Some may move back. Even so, some may pick where they are scheduled.  We also hear there may possibly be players selected in EACH of the 7 rounds. Nothing to confirm any of this, so be on the lookout. You heard it here first".🤣

• Thank you (+1) 1

This guy is an Associated Press NFL Writer/Insider and MLB Hall of Fame Voter…so slight chance he’s heard whispers?!

4. Buffalo Bills (mock trade with Arizona): MARVIN HARRISON JR., WIDE RECEIVER, OHIO STATE

Harrison, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Marvin Harrison, was the best WR on the field last season. His stock has slipped some because he skipped offseason workouts but his tape is enough. The Bills are under pressure to win a Super Bowl and need a No. 1 wideout after trading Stefon Diggs.

This blockbuster deal sends pick No. 28, a second-rounder (60), a fourth (128), a fifth (160) and a 2025 first and second to Arizona for No. 4 and a 2025 fourth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This guy is an Associated Press NFL Writer/Insider and MLB Hall of Fame Voter…so slight chance he’s heard whispers?!

4. Buffalo Bills (mock trade with Arizona): MARVIN HARRISON JR., WIDE RECEIVER, OHIO STATE

Harrison, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Marvin Harrison, was the best WR on the field last season. His stock has slipped some because he skipped offseason workouts but his tape is enough. The Bills are under pressure to win a Super Bowl and need a No. 1 wideout after trading Stefon Diggs.

This blockbuster deal sends pick No. 28, a second-rounder (60), a fourth (128), a fifth (160) and a 2025 first and second to Arizona for No. 4 and a 2025 fourth.

I can't really see Beane paying that price and having nothing beyond a collection of day 3 picks for the rest of the draft. It's certainly a push all your chips in move.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Seems to be falling in some mocks… yeah I know … mocks right … but starting to wonder if there is something negative out there ? 

The injury was part of it. But that pro day yesterday should arrest the slide somewhat.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I can't really see Beane paying that price and having having nothing beyond a collection of day 3 picks for the rest of the draft. It's certainly a push all your chips in move.

Something has to give right? I can’t see the Bills depending on a 2nd round WR prospect to replace Diggs, which is what we’ll draft at 28.

It’s really fascinating to me. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Something has to give right? I can’t see the Bills depending on a 2nd round WR prospect to replace Diggs, which is what we’ll draft at 28.

It’s really fascinating to me. 

I believe that Beane made the moves that he did because he saw that that roster had peaked and was fading and to fix the cap.  The Diggs trade may not have been planned, but rather forced by team dynamics.  Anyway, I think that  Beane knows that this roster isn’t championship quality this year.  He will do what he can to put a good team on the field, but as I see it, the Bills’ D is paper thin and would need a miraculously injury free season to have any shot this year.  I don’t think even the acquisition of Harrison Jr would change that and giving away next year’s 1st and 2nd at significant discount in trade this year would rob them of the picks they need to fix the defense.  I just don’t see any big trade giving away early picks next year as a good option.

About the most I would consider would be a trade of one of next year’s 2nd round picks - and I don’t like that idea very much, but it would at least leave them with a full hand of picks for 2025.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I believe that Beane made the moves that he did because he saw that that roster had peaked and was fading and to fix the cap.  The Diggs trade may not have been planned, but rather forced by team dynamics.  Anyway, I think that  Beane knows that this roster isn’t championship quality this year.  He will do what he can to put a good team on the field, but as I see it, the Bills’ D is paper thin and would need a miraculously injury free season to have any shot this year.  I don’t think even the acquisition of Harrison Jr would change that and giving away next year’s 1st and 2nd at significant discount in trade this year would rob them of the picks they need to fix the defense.  I just don’t see any big trade giving away early picks next year as a good option.

About the most I would consider would be a trade of one of next year’s 2nd round picks - and I don’t like that idea very much, but it would at least leave them with a full hand of picks for 2025.

Another issue is if Beane doesn’t believe the roster is that good, plus a hard schedule, our 2025 1st could be in the top 20 picks. 

They do look to be setting up for a big 2025 and a down 2024. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Smaller size. He’ll be the # 2 DT off the board just because Murphy is bigger 

Murphy isn't bigger though. He is shorter, lighter and has the same length arms as Newton (both just under 33"). They are slightly different shapes, Newton's weight is distributed a bit more evenly whereas Murphy has a thick lower half and I know some teams care about that but they are both technically undersized.... although actually you look at the 3Ts getting drafted early in NFL drafts these days.... I mean they are all kinda in this size range.

16 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

First and foremost, Schoen should trust his evaluations of the QBs in this draft. One of the worst things a GM can do is to allow need to distort his evaluation of a player - especially a QB. Just because you have a need doesn't mean that there's a player who can fill it. It happens every year though. Honestly, their best option might be to tank this season after they acquire more draft capital in the 2025 draft so they can get their guy then.

Agreed but they might not have the luxury of waiting.  Both their seats are warming up.  If they have another stinker, with no real direction or hope for the future, ownership should be saying it's year 4 and we've gotten nowhere. 

A rookie QB buys them time. Being year 3 and having a very high pick. IF they feel like their guy is attainable.  Obviously they can't pick a qb just to pick a qb

Edited by JerseyBills

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This would remove Mitchell from the Bills board I believe.

If that’s true, I would expect them to stay from Mitchell.  However, I am old enough to remember Dan Marino free falling in the draft due to rumors that he used cocaine regularly - and that was untrue.