NFL draft rumors 2024

40 minutes ago, Process said:

I doubt Latu falling to the second round is actually realistic but if he does Bills should make a move up to take him. We need a starting DE and he'd be our best shot to get one past round 1. Worth the risk. 

Depends what team Dr say.  Its not a matter of grade but is he being taken off their boards completely for medical concerns.  Some risk adverse teams will take him off.  Some will not.  They said the same thing about Jalen Phillips but he was drafted high but often injured.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

where does he separate? He has guys hanging on him every play. He has to make highlight reel catches because the corner is with him step for step. He won't win as many of those in the NFL. You have to actually be able to get open

If they trade down and pick up an extra day 2 pick I think he could be part of a double dip.  Coleman paired with Worthy, Franklin or Wilson is more palpable imo.  Coleman could be a fine wr but need to know what he is and is not.  Power slot with some jump ball ability in the redzone.  A traditional X I'm not convinced he is.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

where does he separate? He has guys hanging on him every play. He has to make highlight reel catches because the corner is with him step for step. He won't win as many of those in the NFL. You have to actually be able to get open

We've lost the plot here. Big WRs don't create yards of separation in the NFL. His two contested catches in that video were him getting schemed 1v1 against a safety who he dominated, and an endzone fade.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why would a team ever tell anyone what they want to do?

Because lots of people working in scouting departments and it is an incestuous business. And teams also play the smokescreen bluff and double bluff game with the media.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Safety?  I pray they don't take one with their 1st pick.

I think the only safety with a 1st round grade is Tyler Nubin, but I'm confident we'll address wide receiver before safety.  Kamren Kinchens had a bad combine that will probably drop him to the 3rd. I would be happy with Javon Bullard in the 2nd, but I could see Beane taking a couple safety prospects later in the draft.

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I watched a lot of Coleman this past year (I'm a Clemson alumni but watch a lot of ACC/college games in general), and I know he isn't popular on this board, but I have to say, this is guy that plays faster that he ran in the 40.  He's an excellent, NFL ready receiver. He tore Clemson up and Clemson has some legit, NFL corners. He could come in right away and be our starting #2WR and be an upgrade over Gabe Davis day 1. He does not have breakaway speed or burst, but he has football speed and elite route running/body control, and is sure handed. Don't get my wrong, I covet an electric receiver for the Bills prob more than most (I've been screaming for it for the last 2 years, even with Diggs), and still think we need a true #1 with elite athleticism/upside type, but wouldn't be upset if the Bills got Coleman, and you shouldn't be either. He going to be a good NFL receiver.  My ideal scenario is that they grab one of Thomas Jr/Worthy/Legette/Franklin/McConkey in round 1, and are able to grab Coleman in round 2. 

Coleman is a phenomenal athlete who will have a long career in the NFL...people who don't like him seem to be obsessed with his 40 time, which has been shown to have little correlation with NFL success...He's not my favorite WR prospect, but I would not mourn if the Bills were to take him in round 1 or 2.   

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We'll draft 2 safeties in rounds 4-7. Most of us will say "who?" when the picks are announced. They'll be scheme fits that McBeane identified from non Power-5 conferences- in the mold of the Benford pick. One of the new Safeties will really shine in camp, we'll all be pleasantly surprised & praise their ability to evaluate DBs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Depends what team Dr say.  Its not a matter of grade but is he being taken off their boards completely for medical concerns.  Some risk adverse teams will take him off.  Some will not.  They said the same thing about Jalen Phillips but he was drafted high but often injured.  

The Bills have not shown an inclination to take a chance on guys with significant injury histories...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Marino posting (cherry picking) an article saying we are more likely to stay put or trade down doesn’t do much for me. I like the guy and listen to him all the time, but of course he is going to post and article that has someone saying what he prefers to happen. Hes totally against trading up. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Coleman is a phenomenal athlete who will have a long career in the NFL...people who don't like him seem to be obsessed with his 40 time, which has been shown to have little correlation with NFL success...He's not my favorite WR prospect, but I would not mourn if the Bills were to take him in round 1 or 2.   

I, personally, don't like him because of the same things KDIGGZ was talking about. He doesn't really separate. He's not really going to give you anything after the catch. He basically uses his body to box out smaller DB's. It worked in college to a certain extent, and it's not bad to have in the Red Zone, but it's not 1st Round, #28 worthy in hopes that he is going to become a legit boundary threat in the NFL. He'll be average at best. A 3rd or 4th WR. More than 1/3 of his season yardage totals and TD's came in 2 games, LSU and against Syracuse. He played in 10 others to the tune of 396 yards and 7 TD's. He's the college version of what Gabe Davis was for us in the NFL. I'd be extremely disappointed if Beane turned in that card. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

"HANGING" is the proper word to describe how DBs defend him. You can also use the words grabbing and clutching. He WAS the best player on the field that game and that includes Nabers, Thomas and Daniels

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, H2o said:

I, personally, don't like him because of the same things KDIGGZ was talking about. He doesn't really separate. He's not really going to give you anything after the catch. He basically uses his body to box out smaller DB's. It worked in college to a certain extent, and it's not bad to have in the Red Zone, but it's not 1st Round, #28 worthy in hopes that he is going to become a legit boundary threat in the NFL. He'll be average at best. A 3rd or 4th WR. More than 1/3 of his season yardage totals and TD's came in 2 games, LSU and against Syracuse. He played in 10 others to the tune of 396 yards and 7 TD's. He's the college version of what Gabe Davis was for us in the NFL. I'd be extremely disappointed if Beane turned in that card. 

He's actually really good after the catch...he returned punts, not a job typically given to players who lack the ability to run with the football...as to Coleman's lesser production in some games, you could say the same thing about every receiver in the draft, and I'm sure the fact that his QB got hurt had a lot to do with it.

Just now, mannc said:

He's actually really good after the catch...he returned punts, not a job typically given to players who lack the ability to run with the football...as to Coleman's lesser production in some games, you could say the same thing about every receiver in the draft, and I'm sure the fact that his QB got hurt had a lot to do with it.

Travis broke his leg on November 18, 2023. There were two games after that. He averaged 12 yards per return on punts, and that's with having one of 72 yards. Without the one he averaged 9.5 yards per return. Wow. 

I'm not buying what you're selling on Coleman.

38 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I am leaning more and more that the Bills should try to trade back into the early 2nd and get back a 3rd rounder. Draft a boundary guy like Legette or roll the dice on a guy like Worthy and grab Tez Walker later.

Yeah I like your idea - these mock draft simulators probably don't hold too true, but they seem to have Thomas II going too high in the 1st and often have Mitchell going before our 28.  My favorite ideas are:

1. Ladd McConkey and trade #60 and our 2nd round pick next year for #40 and grab Legette.  Would love adding Ladd and Legette and the draft is so deep at DLine that we can get good ones in Rds 4 and 5. Remember, we'd still have the 32 pick of Minnesota next year, or

2. Ladd at #28 and see who last to 60s.  Legette and Franklin will probably be gone, but could get Walker, Baker, maybe even Polk.  Ladd and Walker would be nice

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Neck injuries are scary though, especially if it's true that you can see him already compensating for it on film. I've seen people compare him to Jaelan Phillips but it is more comparable to Myles Jack who became washed up very quickly. If he slides all the way to #60 I would be good with that.

Ask Vander Esch from the Cowboys who just retired after injured much of his time in the NFL about neck injuries and how they can derail your career...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1