WR Treylon Burks

36 minutes ago, teef said:

i also read it as he had nothing good to say, so he didn't want to be overly critical.    i didn't even consider the other option.

I read it that he’s sleeping around -not that it’s a deal breaker..🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

I watched Burks highlight tape. I thought it was pretty similar to Coleman’s (contested catches) but Burks looked faster. Going off that tape I would’ve expected him to at least be a WR2 or WR3. Don’t know what hasn’t translated to the league for him, whether it’s his heart or work ethic. You really just never know with these draft picks. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

I watched Burks highlight tape. I thought it was pretty similar to Coleman’s (contested catches) but Burks looked faster. Going off that tape I would’ve expected him to at least be a WR2 or WR3. Don’t know what hasn’t translated to the league for him, whether it’s his heart or work ethic. You really just never know with these draft picks. 

He looks like he’s overweight.

People get so caught up into height weight 40 times vertical jump 

And it is important... But people don't realize that these are all world class athletes.. every single division one football player down to the kids at the University at Buffalo are dripping with talent 

It's the things like coaching, and work ethic,and destination and want that determine the next level of your career

For so many players the difference between being a star or nothing is draft destination... That's it... So many players including Brady and Patrick mahomes wouldn't be who they were if they didn't link up with the coaches they got 

Patrick mahomes getting drafted by the Chicago bears 7 years ago is not the same Patrick mahomes as today 

Every single player taken in the draft has immense talent from the first overall pick to the guys in the sixth round... It's crazy that people are poo-pooing on keon Coleman a guy that was universally considered a top 50 prospect 

Anybody who's a top 50 prospect in the NFL has a lot of talent and the potential to be really good... It all comes down to how much he wants it and the coaching he gets

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Brand J said:

There is a lot of read across between his tape and Keon's I agree.

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He looks like he’s overweight.

Agree. He is the body type I think where he has to battle with it a bit. 

I personally see Burks as being in the same tier as the Claypool, Hamler, Hollins, Isabella group battling for the last spots on the Roster.  I would not see a need to add him and definitely see no benefit to spending a draft pick on a trade for him. 

Posted (edited)

Hopkins is a wear his thoughts on his sleeve type of guy. He's uncharacteristically honest. Marches to the beat of his own drum. He didn't say anything everyone else hasn't already thought or is thinking after watching Burks the past couple seasons. Just wild to hear him say it. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under the kid?

Either way, this is the exact reason I see close to a zero chance Hopkins is moved. They Drafted Burks to be AJ Brown's replacement. Year 1, he puts up 444 yards and 1 TD as a starter. They realized he wasn't ready, so they went out and got Hopkins - hoping he'd grow with someone else taking coverage away. And Year 2 for Burks with Hopkins? He puts up 221 yards and 0 TD's. Yikes!

Realizing they're absolutely nowhere with him and he absolutely cannot be a Starter again this year, they sign Calvin Ridley to a big contract to replace him. They sign Tyler Boyd to be their Slot. Now they have a Top 5-10 WR core in the league for Levis with Hopkins and Ridley Outside and Boyd Inside.

Burks is busting harder than any WR in recent memory to the point that he's being publicly called out by teammates. And people think they're going to trade away Hopkins and put him back in the Starting Lineup? No way.

Either they keep Burks and hope he develops as a late bloomer in a reserve role or they get rid of him. Hopkins isn't going anywhere.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hopkins is a wear his thoughts on his sleeve type of guy. He's uncharacteristically honest. Marches to the beat of his own drum. He didn't say anything everyone else hasn't already thought or is thinking after watching Burks the past couple seasons. Just wild to hear him say it. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under the kid?

Either way, this is the exact reason I see close to a zero chance Hopkins is moved. They Drafted Burks to be AJ Brown's replacement. Year 1, he puts up 444 yards and 1 TD as a starter. They realized he wasn't ready, so they went out and got Hopkins - hoping he'd grow with someone else taking coverage away. And Year 2 for Burks with Hopkins? He puts up 221 yards and 0 TD's. Yikes!

Realizing they're absolutely nowhere with him and he absolutely cannot be a Starter again this year, they sign Calvin Ridley to a big contract to replace him. They sign Tyler Boyd to be their Slot. Now they have a Top 5-10 WR core in the league for Levis with Hopkins and Ridley Outside and Boyd Inside.

Burks is busting harder than any WR in recent memory to the point that he's being publicly called out by teammates. And people think they're going to trade away Hopkins and put him back in the Starting Lineup? No way.

Either they keep Burks and hope he develops as a late bloomer in a reserve role or they get rid of him. Hopkins isn't going anywhere.

Meh. This season is all about Levis. It’s the “prove to us we shouldn’t draft a QB next year seasons.

DHOP has no chance of being moved right now. By week 8, who knows?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Meh. This season is all about Levis. It’s the “prove to us we shouldn’t draft a QB next year seasons.

DHOP has no chance of being moved right now. By week 8, who knows?

Exactly. So they're going to give him the best tools to succeed to evaluate him. Thus, replacing Burks with Ridley in the Starting Lineup Outside and adding Tyler Boyd in the Slot. 

Mid season? Yes, that's a completely different story. Anything's possible. The Titans could go 0-7, Will Levis could fall on his face or get injured, a light could go on for Burks and he starts looking like the guy they thought they Drafted.

But I'm just talking about right now. Hopkins isn't going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In full context where the next thing he does is praise Burks athleticism and say he's looking forward to seeing what he does this year, "Nein" sounds like "Are you sleeping on Burks?"  "No, we are not sleeping on him, we're looking forward to seeing what he can do"

Kind of weird way of putting it but Hopkins is a different kind of cat

10 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I can honestly say I have no clue what this means.

peerless price was just like alvin harper. how's that? haha

peerless price was 20 years ago and Harper was in the 20th century. both were 2nd WR's to a legit primetime WR. Moulds/Price and Irving/Harper. Teams thought they'd be good as feature WR's and paid the price to make them #1. Both let down their new teams and contracts.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

People get so caught up into height weight 40 times vertical jump 

And it is important... But people don't realize that these are all world class athletes.. every single division one football player down to the kids at the University at Buffalo are dripping with talent 

It's the things like coaching, and work ethic,and destination and want that determine the next level of your career

For so many players the difference between being a star or nothing is draft destination... That's it... So many players including Brady and Patrick mahomes wouldn't be who they were if they didn't link up with the coaches they got 

Patrick mahomes getting drafted by the Chicago bears 7 years ago is not the same Patrick mahomes as today 

Every single player taken in the draft has immense talent from the first overall pick to the guys in the sixth round... It's crazy that people are poo-pooing on keon Coleman a guy that was universally considered a top 50 prospect 

Anybody who's a top 50 prospect in the NFL has a lot of talent and the potential to be really good... It all comes down to how much he wants it and the coaching he gets

And opportunity...

But along these lines, I still remember something Tom Brady said way back when asked about guys like Alex Smith (the 49ers version) and Vince Young. He was talking about how he had this huge advantage because he had been running basically the same system his whole time in the NFL. Practice was about perfection, not learning, for him. He could install stuff from 5 years ago for an opponent if it gave them an advantage in a given week.

He also got thrown in the fire early. Had to make reads and play QB because he was slow. Thinks a running QB sometimes struggles at being a QB because they can escape with their legs...it's not that it isn't valuable, just that it can limit your growth if you let it. Sometimes the most physically gifted guys have poor work ethic and/or skills because they never needed them before the NFL

Edited by Mikey152

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

And opportunity...

Absolutely 

People think being a professional football player is XYZ equals amazing 

There are tens of thousands of factors... Including the scheme you're put into and the coaching you get and opportunities you get 

Ed Oliver has routinely thanked Sean McDermott for saving his NFL career.. because he was a high-end prospect who only fit one or two schemes ... He was not built for every scheme

He needed to go to the right coach to maximize his talents... 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1