The Bills should slowly revolutionize the kicking game.

I'm all for this. Heck, I want to move it two yards behind the long snapper. Snap the ball and have the FG team drop to their bellies. The opposing team jumps to try to block the kick and you drill them squarely in the nuts from 6 feet away. Do that a few times, and half of the opposing defense is on the bench with a pack of ice on their gonads unable to return to the game. By the 4th quarter the defense is forced to start the 4th-5th string DB's on the defensive line and BOOM...we rack up 28-35 points in the 4th quarter alone! We could make James Cook would look like Jim Brown!

That is revolutionary.

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought this was going to be about getting a really good rugby kicker to just do both punts and FGs with drop kicks.  If hes fast enough you can do a lot of fun stuff with fakes in certain locations of the field and just go for it in the no mans land/long FG situations.  Basically free up a roster spot.  

The key is to do this slowly so its not noticed, I would suggest 2 inches per year over 36 years to get to the final of 72 iinches.  If you try to go faster than they someone will catch on.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The key is to do this slowly so its not noticed, I would suggest 2 inches per year over 24 years to get to the final of 72 iinches.  If you try to go faster than they someone will catch on.

Matt, where were you taught math?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The key is to do this slowly so its not noticed, I would suggest 2 inches per year over 24 years to get to the final of 72 iinches.  If you try to go faster than they someone will catch on.

To really catch them off guard, I would say 1 inch per year over 48 years. 

17 hours ago, Beast said:

I can’t keep them to myself any longer, damn you!

My new rules would be one of two things.

1- shrink the distance between the uprights. Kickers are way too good.

2- if not 1, then anything over a 40 yard FG is only 2 points. I don’t think a team that drives to the opponent's 5 yard line and kicks a 22 yard field goal should be rewarded the same as a team that only makes it to the 35 and kicks a 52 yard FG. 

Or, do both #1 and #2. 🤓

5 points for a ball greased up with KY Jelly.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I never gave it much thought but why not snap it 10 or so yards on shorter kicks if blocks are a problem?  Mess with normal rhythm/routing of the snap/kick?  Make it more likely for the defender rushing from the edge to block it because he has a better angle?

I think you have to standardize it so you can perfect it.  Do thousands of reps at 7 yards: snap, hold, kick... snap, hold, kick...  

On 3/31/2024 at 9:11 AM, NoSaint said:

fine, 6 yards 

And if you're not completely satisfied with your field goal, we'll send you the 7th yard free of charge!

If the change is gradual enough it will be imperceptible to the eye.  That will be big when Bass is kicking chip shots 17 yards on the other side of scrimmage.

21 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

And if you're not completely satisfied with your field goal, we'll send you the 7th yard free of charge!

If the change is gradual enough it will be imperceptible to the eye.  That will be big when Bass is kicking chip shots 17 yards on the other side of scrimmage.

don’t even have to get it over the defenses!

all fun and games until one of your special teamers gets called offside on what would’ve been the game winning offensive trick play 

Just now, NoSaint said:

don’t even have to get it over the defenses!

all fun and games until one of your special teamers gets called offside on what would’ve been the game winning offensive trick play 

A grave mistake like that is likely to get your offensive coordinator fired.