Is there anything you think was bad or cheesy you remember fondly?

Another Fan

I was talking to someone else about America’s Funniest Home Videos when Bob Sagat hosted.  Every Sunday night I as a kid being glued into it with my mom.

Watching some clips today in retrospect it seems pretty cheesy and the stuff hasn’t aged well.  But I still remember in Cub Scouts using that as a family activity involved with talking about.  Watching that show with my mom.

So yeah I admit it was cheesy but those times hold a place in my heart.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

I loved Independence Day (1996) but now its a cheddar fest.    I also love (the OG) Roadhouse.   It's cheese but I still watch it.   Wife and I watched the new one (pretty good) and then re-watched the 1989 version saturday.   

I watched Independence Day last July and I laughed so hard.  It's a comedy now.

These m'fers traveled faster than the speed of light to get here and we override their defense system lol?

A drunk that was raped by them years ago completely destroys the mothership with one plane!

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Saved by the Bell.

OMG its awful watching it now.  But as a pre-teen, I saw every episode at least 3 times because of TBS.

Same here.  I still remember the Superstation logo on the screen.  The disaster area on TBS was usually my go to tv watching after school in middle school.  

5 hours ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

I loved Independence Day (1996) but now its a cheddar fest.    I also love (the OG) Roadhouse.   It's cheese but I still watch it.   Wife and I watched the new one (pretty good) and then re-watched the 1989 version saturday.   

Road house is my all time Cheesy Fav.  When it’s on I’m obligated to watch, and notify a few friends it’s on too via all those corny lines.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/25/2024 at 7:53 AM, Another Fan said:

I was talking to someone else about America’s Funniest Home Videos when Bob Sagat hosted.  Every Sunday night I as a kid being glued into it with my mom.

Watching some clips today in retrospect it seems pretty cheesy and the stuff hasn’t aged well.  But I still remember in Cub Scouts using that as a family activity involved with talking about.  Watching that show with my mom.

So yeah I admit it was cheesy but those times hold a place in my heart.  

1epjy2.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

Some TV movies of the 90's.  The Man From Left Field with Burt Reynolds come to mind.  Also, Tiffani Thiessen made quite a bit of them back in the day.  They weren't masterpieces but she was always hot and actually I still think they are better than most movies today.  

I recall the Tom Baker Dr. Who fondly.  Was pretty young and used to be the kid that at 5.59pm when the episode would always end on a cliff hangar and that theme music would begin, always got me. 

11 hours ago, Shamrock said:

I recall the Tom Baker Dr. Who fondly.  Was pretty young and used to be the kid that at 5.59pm when the episode would always end on a cliff hangar and that theme music would begin, always got me. 

Classic Who had some of the worst special effects, but the cliffhangers were 'da bomb'!

City of Death, part II to part III:

The Doctor: "You!  What are you doing here?!"

Captain Tancredi: "I think that's exactly the question I ought to be asking YOU...Doctor."

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/25/2024 at 11:42 AM, Just Jack said:

Going with Sci-Fi...

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, so cheesy watching it now...

And of course, Flash Gordon

Bite your tongue you uncultured swine

13 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Classic Who had some of the worst special effects, but the cliffhangers were 'da bomb'!

City of Death, part II to part III:

The Doctor: "You!  What are you doing here?!"

Captain Tancredi: "I think that's exactly the question I ought to be asking YOU...Doctor."

I remember his companions though!

Always scary seeing Davros or a Dalek. 

was it Leila (?) and there was an episode with a black bottomless pit, the alien was like clingwrap, scary.