PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

40 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Again it wasn't the Sabres who decided this. It came from NY state. You can't tell me that a government official saw the amount of Leaf fans in the stands and decided "We have to do something about that"

My bad, didn’t see that. I assumed that it was the Sabres.

Either way, NY isn’t going to shut down the Bills from collecting every dime possible for the new stadium that they are paying hundreds of millions for. They want this to go smoothly. The Bills broker partners are all licensed brokers. They aren’t partnering with guys that have signs that say, “who needs tickets” on one side and “I got tickets” on the other. It’s people like Ace Tickets out of Boston that they are partnering with. 

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I honestly don’t care (it doesn’t bother me), but i’m curious why they would pick Kleinhans to model from.

Its a staple, but definitely not in the top 5 of things I think of when “Buffalo New York” pops in my head.

Personally, since the day the rendering was released, all I can see is a stadium that resembles an upscale mall entrance.

IMG-8688.jpg

That’s a hilarious call.

I have no idea why Kleinhans. It feels like some out of town firm asked for things that would connect with locals. I’m not sure how it got here but that’s what they’re going with.

• Like (+1) 1

For what it's worth, I got a call yesterday from my season ticket rep, who offered to answer any questions I have.

I have season tickets in the lower bowl, Bills side, about the 47-yard line, 31 rows up. Pretty great seats. Seniority going back to 1977.

He told me my invitation to the Experience would probably not come until the early Fall, but couldn't really predict it. I was hearing summer a little while back, but it sounds like it's being pushed back a bit. He said it could still be pushed back more, he just wasn't sure.

Wouldn't tell me anything about PSL pricing, just that I would have the opportunity to get seats "comparable" to what I currently have, which I highly doubt.

We'll see...

51 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My bad, didn’t see that. I assumed that it was the Sabres.

Either way, NY isn’t going to shut down the Bills from collecting every dime possible for the new stadium that they are paying hundreds of millions for. They want this to go smoothly. The Bills broker partners are all licensed brokers. They aren’t partnering with guys that have signs that say, “who needs tickets” on one side and “I got tickets” on the other. It’s people like Ace Tickets out of Boston that they are partnering with. 

That’s a hilarious call.

Its not about cracking down on brokers. It's cracking down a ticket holders who sell the majority of their tickets.  Those who do will have to pay a $5000 fee to NY state to continue to sell most of your tickets. 

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its not about cracking down on brokers. It's cracking down a ticket holders who sell the majority of their tickets.  Those who do will have to pay a $5000 fee to NY state to continue to sell most of your tickets. 

The point being, that the Bills partners have already paid that fee. A brokerage like Ace (for example) owns hundreds of season tickets throughout the state of NY. These are professional organizations with full time staffs. 

The Sabres had/have some real broker partners like that. They also have a bunch of people that buy season tickets knowing that they can sell a bunch to cover their cost. They sell the Leafs, Habs and 15-20 more games to cover the entire cost. That’s what they’re trying to stop. It’s the amateurs trying to make a business out of it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

They can’t.

PSL’s must be used for the construction project and nothing else.

Its just double taxation for WNY’ers.

The Bills are contractually bound for $350m plus cost overruns and while everyone knows that PSL revenues will be used to cover a portion of that cost, there is no precise contractual language that I’m aware that says they must use those revenues to cover their obligation, so technically, they don’t have to expressly dedicate those funds for that purpose. It wouldn’t make good business sense because it’s found money anyway, but if Pegula wanted, he could use funds from any source he chooses to cover his obligation. 

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The point being, that the Bills partners have already paid that fee. A brokerage like Ace (for example) owns hundreds of season tickets throughout the state of NY. These are professional organizations with full time staffs. 

The Sabres had/have some real broker partners like that. They also have a bunch of people that buy season tickets knowing that they can sell a bunch to cover their cost. They sell the Leafs, Habs and 15-20 more games to cover the entire cost. That’s what they’re trying to stop. It’s the amateurs trying to make a business out of it.

You don't think the Bills have amateurs doing the same?  I've some post how they are out of town season ticket holders and go to 1-2 games a season and sell the rest. You don't think they will crack down on them either?

The Sabres blaming the state is hilarious. If that was the case I'd imagine at least the Bills, Bandits, Knicks, Yankees, Mets, etc etc etc would have similar rules... but none do - just the Sabres.

Don't worry, though, Terry will build another well if he needs some extra money.

22 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

The Sabres blaming the state is hilarious. If that was the case I'd imagine at least the Bills, Bandits, Knicks, Yankees, Mets, etc etc etc would have similar rules... but none do - just the Sabres.

Don't worry, though, Terry will build another well if he needs some extra money.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/state-reseller-law-hindering-sabres-season-ticket-holders

The Sabres sent an e-mail to fans who comprise less than 1% of their season ticket base that “in light of the recent ticket reseller laws” passed by the NY state legislature in 2022, those who sell a high percentage of their games on the secondary market would have to purchase a license from the state to be able to purchase their season tickets.

It is from NY state. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

there is no precise contractual language that I’m aware that says they must use those revenues to cover their obligation,

The contract mentions it multiple times.

I’ve posted one such section below. The Bills (Stadco) must deposit all monies from PSL sales into the project fund and has no ownership interest in PSL proceeds.

IMG-8693.jpg

IMG-8696.jpg

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

so technically, they don’t have to expressly dedicate those funds for that purpose. 

No, they technically have to. They have no choice.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

The contract mentions it multiple times.

I’ve posted one such section below. The Bills (Stadco) must deposit all monies from PSL sales into the project fund and has no ownership interest in PSL proceeds.

IMG-8693.jpg

IMG-8696.jpg

No, they technically have to. They have no choice.

Thanks for the edification. I had no idea that the Bills were only acting as agents for the ECSC and that they, the ECSC, are actually the sole owner of the right to sell the PSLs. With that thought in mind, I wonder why Polencarz voiced his displeasure at the reported costs of the PSLs recently when the county owns the right to sell them in the first place. 

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to dig that up. I’m gonna be reading the entire PSL Sales and Marketing Agreement to see what else I just took for granted. 

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

With that thought in mind, I wonder why Polencarz voiced his displeasure at the reported costs of the PSLs recently when the county owns the right to sell them in the first place. 

He’s a politician. He heard people were upset, so he jumped out to lead the charge for the common folk. 

Unfortunately, he’s also an idiot and made people upset when he went to Ohio to view the eclipse. The first comment in response to his waxing poetic about the eclipse is hilarious. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

You don't think the Bills have amateurs doing the same?  I've some post how they are out of town season ticket holders and go to 1-2 games a season and sell the rest. You don't think they will crack down on them either?

I think that they do have some people like that but it’s a rounding error in terms of how many. I don’t know how they’ll handle it. I also don’t know how NY would get the data unless the Bills supported it?

The Sabres situation is being driven by the Sabres with the “cover” of NY’s law. That’s the only way that the state would have the data. If you recall the Sabres tried to limit single game purchasing to certain zip codes prior. It didn’t work but there’s history of them trying to control who comes in.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

In 2011, the NFL adopted Resolution G-4, which states as follows:

(snipet)

That if PSLs are sold (whether by the applicable club, its affiliated stadium entity, a municipal authority or otherwise) with respect to a particular stadium construction project, such PSLs shall be entirely dedicated to the project costs in respect of such project and shall be eligible for an exemption from sharing in accordance with current policies.

https://greenberglawoffice.com/nfl-credit-facility-has-made-possible-new-state-of-the-art-stadiums/

(have fun down this rabbit hole...lol)

Edited by papazoid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Rubes said:

For what it's worth, I got a call yesterday from my season ticket rep, who offered to answer any questions I have.

I have season tickets in the lower bowl, Bills side, about the 47-yard line, 31 rows up. Pretty great seats. Seniority going back to 1977.

He told me my invitation to the Experience would probably not come until the early Fall, but couldn't really predict it. I was hearing summer a little while back, but it sounds like it's being pushed back a bit. He said it could still be pushed back more, he just wasn't sure.

Wouldn't tell me anything about PSL pricing, just that I would have the opportunity to get seats "comparable" to what I currently have, which I highly doubt.

We'll see...

I’m in section 109 (away side, non tunnel end around the 20). I got my call on Monday and was told “closer to the end of the year” for my turn. Didn’t bother asking about pricing but sounded like once I got my notification I would have a 3 week window to schedule. Told her I would ideally schedule the same weekend as a home game since I live in Ohio and travel up for games and she said they could probably even squeeze me in on a weekend if needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

I honestly don’t care (it doesn’t bother me), but i’m curious why they would pick Kleinhans to model from.

Its a staple, but definitely not in the top 5 of things I think of when “Buffalo New York” pops in my head.

Personally, since the day the rendering was released, all I can see is a stadium that resembles an upscale mall entrance.

IMG-8688.jpg

I appreciate the design more now that they pointed that out.

Kleinhans was designed by famous father and son architects. 

Buffalo is lucky to have such a rich architectural heritage for a city of its size. However Kleinhans certainly wasn’t the first thing I had in mind when I heard they wanted to represent Buffalo’s historic architecture.

image.jpeg

Edited by billyudi
remove extra photo
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Thanks for the edification. I had no idea that the Bills were only acting as agents for the ECSC and that they, the ECSC, are actually the sole owner of the right to sell the PSLs. With that thought in mind, I wonder why Polencarz voiced his displeasure at the reported costs of the PSLs recently when the county owns the right to sell them in the first place. 

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to dig that up. I’m gonna be reading the entire PSL Sales and Marketing Agreement to see what else I just took for granted. 

Because ECSC doesn’t set the prices. Or decide how to sell them.

Thats all the Bills.

The Bills are trying to maximize PSL value so the fans pay for as much of the stadium as possible.

Billionaires don’t pay. Average Jane’s and Joe’s working for $22 per hour pay.

And that’s okay, because other teams do it (or at least that’s the argument from other fans defending it).

2 hours ago, billyudi said:

I appreciate the design more now that they pointed that out.

Kleinhans was designed by famous father and son architects. 

Buffalo is lucky to have such a rich architectural heritage for a city of its size. However Kleinhans certainly wasn’t the first thing I had in mind when I heard they wanted to represent Buffalo’s historic architecture.

image.jpeg

We have a neighbor who is a well known architect. He was at our place helping us and noticed all the Bills stuff in the basement. He said his wife was going for a beach trip with her friends, but he’s not a big beach lover. Instead he was going to Buffalo for a tour of  WNY architecture. This guy could go anywhere and do anything, and this was a dream trip for him. 

The next day he sends me a pic of wings and beer from WNY. I remind him he’s got to try the pizza, and 30 seconds later I get the pic of his pizza. His architecture tour turned into a food and architecture tour.  If you live there it’s easy to take for granted. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Billionaires don’t pay. Average Jane’s and Joe’s working for $22 per hour pay.

And that’s okay, because other teams do it (or at least that’s the argument from other fans defending it).

You really think people making $22/hour are buying PSLs?  They must have elite budgeting skills. 

• Haha (+1) 2