KC Trades L.Sneed to Titans

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Chiefs budgeting to make Humphrey highest paid Center in the league and Smith the highest paid Guard.  

Karlaftis will get paid.  

But what do they know….

well the Panthers lunatic ruined the Guard market by handing out 150 Million between two of them

This should put the rest what the rest of the league actually values him at

Certainly a talented player

I would never call him a top five corner in the league right now... He's over valued and the Chiefs are cashing in

He is a strict scheme fit not a guy who will excel in any system

• Disagree 2

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Same as a comp pick

Comp pick is at the end of the 3rd round (97-102 range).  Until the Titans obtain a quality QB, I fully expect them to be drafting in the top 10, so this pick is most likely in the top 70’s of the draft.

On another note, this is a salary dump by the Chiefs…my question is why?  They had cap space for Snead, why settle for the lie compensation?  Their C is going to get a massive contract soon, but no one else looks to be breaking the bank on their team for 2025.  They are going to have $30M in cap space, who are they targeting?  Let’s all hope it’s not an elite offensive talent.  

43 minutes ago, sven233 said:

At least they didn't get another first or something crazy like that...... 

But, they got something for an asset and while I am glad he's off their team, it stinks that they are probably going to be able to add a good, young, cheap piece in the draft.

They probably already have his replacement on their roster. Still terrible return for a quality player so that’s a good thing. 

31 minutes ago, Success said:

Poor return for a player of that caliber, imo.

In the NFL trades aren't about talent, they are about leverage.....and KC had none.

As said earlier, they needed to get under the salary cap to sign their draft picks next month.

Bad for KC, good for the rest of the AFC.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This should put the rest what the rest of the league actually values him at

Certainly a talented player

I would never call him a top five corner in the league right now... He's over valued and the Chiefs are cashing in

He is a strict scheme fit not a guy who will excel in any system

Would you change your mind once the financials are disclosed and they’re paying him 20m aav? I think teams knew KC couldn’t afford to have him on the roster so all the leverage was gone. 

I guess it's better than a comp pick which is what they would've gotten if they just let him walk.  Don't like the move for the Titans as they'll now have to pay top dollar for a CB and give up what will pry be a high 3rd rounder.

58 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

Chiefs got a 2025 3rd round pick, and the teams swapped 2024 7th round picks. 
Titans robbed them. 

It's hard to move a player on a 1 yr contract for significant draft capital

It's hard to move a star player whose contract is $19.8M fully guaranteed for significant draft capital

Sneed is on a 1 year contract for $19.8M fully guaranteed, so.....

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Comp pick is at the end of the 3rd round (97-102 range).  Until the Titans obtain a quality QB, I fully expect them to be drafting in the top 10, so this pick is most likely in the top 70’s of the draft.

On another note, this is a salary dump by the Chiefs…my question is why?  They had cap space for Snead, why settle for the lie compensation?  Their C is going to get a massive contract soon, but no one else looks to be breaking the bank on their team for 2025.  They are going to have $30M in cap space, who are they targeting?  Let’s all hope it’s not an elite offensive talent.  

They can roll that cap space over to next year as Jones's cap hit next year is $34.8m in 2025.  It puts them in good position to re-sign Humphrey, Danna, and D. Smith if they wanted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's hard to move a player on a 1 yr contract for significant draft capital

It's hard to move a star player whose contract is $19.8M fully guaranteed for significant draft capital

Sneed is on a 1 year contract for $19.8M fully guaranteed, so.....

Likely Sneed's agent has agreed to new contract parameters before trade finalized so he will get an extension with or $19.8M fully guaranteed.

4 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Would you change your mind once the financials are disclosed and they’re paying him 20m aav? I think teams knew KC couldn’t afford to have him on the roster so all the leverage was gone. 

Nope

I've gone back and forth with a few people here and I think he certainly talented

I do not think he's a Hall of famer like revis or soon to be Gilmore... He isnt champ Bailey ... He's a really good NFL corner 

But every single corner gets beat and they are dependent on the pass rush in front of them getting home

He's also pretty scheme dependent.. he is not as impressive playing off techniques as is playing tight to the line of scrimmage

Do I think he's a fantastic NFL football player yes.. do I think he's a guy that will take over a game consistently... No

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nope

I've gone back and forth with a few people here and I think he certainly talented

I do not think he's a Hall of famer like revis or soon to be Gilmore... He isnt champ Bailey ... He's a really good NFL corner 

But every single corner gets beat and they are dependent on the pass rush in front of them getting home

He's also pretty scheme dependent.. he is not as impressive playing off techniques as is playing tight to the line of scrimmage

Do I think he's a fantastic NFL football player yes.. do I think he's a guy that will take over a game consistently... No

I mostly agree with you on your analysis. He’s a really good corner and will certainly be paid top 5 money for sure. But the days of lockdown corners taking away 1/2 the field are over in today’s NFL. It’s better to develop young db’s and help them by investing in pass rushers. 

• Agree 2