Marvin Harrison Jr wants to be a Bill

Just now, FireChans said:

His big brother Dalvin once had 500 yards receiving in a season. His career is now over, at 1800 yards receiving.

Sorry but I think there's a next to zero percent chance James hits 3k receiving. We shall circle back in 5 years and see, if I'm still alive.

You seem obsessed with the comparisons to Dalvin, as if the situation for both players are the same. James is his own man in his own offense. 3,000 career receiving yards for a receiving back is a conservative number. Marshall Faulk, Larry Centers, and Ronnie Harmon have TWICE that amount. You know who also has at least 3,800 career receiving yards? Keith Byars, Marcus Allen, Tiki Barber, Roger Craig, Herschel Walker, Darren Sproles, LaDanian Tomlinson, Matt Forte, Walter Payton, Thurman Thomas, Warrick Dunn, CMC, Ricky Watters, Alvin Kamara, Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook, Lesean McCoy, Austin Eckler, and a few others. Why this turned into a “James Cook will not reach 3,000 career receiving yards” is because your initial argument was flawed so you had to make it about something else. People say the silliest things on this board. The conservative 16,000 yards MHJ will have to put up to surpass James Cook, Khalil Shakir, AND Dalton Kincaid? That’s a much taller order than 3,000 for Himbo Cook.

7 minutes ago, Brand J said:

You seem obsessed with the comparisons to Dalvin, as if the situation for both players are the same. James is his own man in his own offense. 3,000 career receiving yards for a receiving back is a conservative number. Marshall Faulk, Larry Centers, and Ronnie Harmon have TWICE that amount. You know who also has at least 3,800 career receiving yards? Keith Byars, Marcus Allen, Tiki Barber, Roger Craig, Herschel Walker, Darren Sproles, LaDanian Tomlinson, Matt Forte, Walter Payton, Thurman Thomas, Warrick Dunn, CMC, Ricky Watters, Alvin Kamara, Frank Gore, Brian Westbrook, Lesean McCoy, Austin Eckler, and a few others. Why this turned into a “James Cook will not reach 3,000 career receiving yards” is because your initial argument was flawed so you had to make it about something else. People say the silliest things on this board. The conservative 16,000 yards MHJ will have to put up to surpass James Cook, Khalil Shakir, AND Dalton Kincaid? That’s a much taller order than 3,000 for Himbo Cook.

I don't think Cook, Shakir and Kincaid will get to 16000 yards. So I don't think MHJ will have to beat 16000 yards. It's a pretty logical argument to follow.

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don't think Cook, Shakir and Kincaid will get to 16000 yards. So I don't think MHJ will have to beat 16000 yards. It's a pretty logical argument to follow.

Pretty illogical claim that one player who’s not even in the NFL yet will surpass the combined career numbers for 3 Bills receiving threats. Especially when pointing out that those three combined for over 1,700 yards in their first season together. Again, people on this board say the silliest things. Maybe I’m the fool for trying to engage with them in a factual conversation.

Just now, Brand J said:

Pretty illogical claim that one player who’s not even in the NFL yet will surpass the combined career numbers for 3 Bills receiving threats. Especially when pointing out that those three combined for over 1,700 yards in their first season together. Again, people on this board say the silliest things. Maybe I’m the fool for trying to engage with them in a factual conversation.

Okay, so if MHJ has close to the same amount of yardage as those three next year (say within ~100-200 yards), will you change your mind? 

Just now, FireChans said:

Okay, so if MHJ has close to the same amount of yardage as those three next year (say within ~100-200 yards), will you change your mind? 

It’ll be fun to look at and revisit, but no, it wouldn’t change my mind. If MHJ finishes with 1,500 yards and the Bills trio goes for 1,800, we’re still talking about career longevity where anything can happen. You’re putting all your stake in ONE player, when I have THREE. In other words, should something happen to one on both sides, I have two more that can continue putting up stats while your guy sits in the training room. Rice took 19 years to put up those ridiculous stats. Fitzgerald took 14. Both were largely iron men and they had to be to post those numbers. We don’t know what MHJ will be, he doesn’t even have a QB right now. I do know the Bills trio had a pretty good year last year and injury notwithstanding, will more than likely improve on those numbers. 

42 minutes ago, Brand J said:

It’ll be fun to look at and revisit, but no, it wouldn’t change my mind. If MHJ finishes with 1,500 yards and the Bills trio goes for 1,800, we’re still talking about career longevity where anything can happen. You’re putting all your stake in ONE player, when I have THREE. In other words, should something happen to one on both sides, I have two more that can continue putting up stats while your guy sits in the training room. Rice took 19 years to put up those ridiculous stats. Fitzgerald took 14. Both were largely iron men and they had to be to post those numbers. We don’t know what MHJ will be, he doesn’t even have a QB right now. I do know the Bills trio had a pretty good year last year and injury notwithstanding, will more than likely improve on those numbers. 

And none of them individually have the chance to outproduce MHJ. Which is the whole point lol

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

And none of them individually have the chance to outproduce MHJ. Which is the whole point lol

But collectively they will which renders your “argument” moot.

7 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Dude, it's posts like this that make me feel sorry for Warriorspikes51. You're very rational, but there's just no magic in your soul. 

Hey, I didn't say it's a 0% chance or that I wouldn't be happy to have him. I was just saying that simply meeting the value chart in this situation won't be enough. In the Top 5, especially when QB's are in play with heavy competition, and an all world talent like MHJ at play - that chart goes out the window.

To get them to go from 4 to 28, beat out other teams trying to get up there, and get them to give up a talent like MHJ - the buy in for us is probably 3 1st's just to have a seat at the table.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hey, I didn't say it's a 0% chance or that I wouldn't be happy to have him. I was just saying that simply meeting the value chart in this situation won't be enough. In the Top 5, especially when QB's are in play with heavy competition, and an all world talent like MHJ at play - that chart goes out the window.

To get them to go from 4 to 28, beat out other teams trying to get up there, and get them to give up a talent like MHJ - the buy in for us is probably 3 1st's just to have a seat at the table.

No, you're right, of course. I was just poking fun.

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...can't believe this thread reached 10 pages about a player there is 0% chance will even be a Buffalo Bill this draft.

If Harrison threatens to expose naked pictures of the other 31 GMs, there's a chance

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

How is that a real point when they don't have the same role or targets as individuals as MHJ will initially see as a primary target for his new team?  lol

NOTE:  Shakir averaged an insane 13.5 yards per TARGET.  That is crazy good, that is not per catch, that is per target.  And he had something like an 87% catch rate too.  So what if he got 120 targets and MHJ got 120 targets?  May not be as big of a gap as you seem to think if Shakir continues that elite level of efficiency and effectiveness.  But he will never see that many targets on a team with Diggs, Samuel, himself, an early drafted rookie, Kincaid, and Cook...way too many weapons on this team behind the top target guy Diggs for Allen to spread the ball around.  

MHJ may prove to be the best player between himself, Shakir, Kincaid, and Cook 5 years from now...but that does not mean Shakir, Kincaid and Cook are not capable of being very good to great players themselves given what they have already shown in their short careers.  And on the flip side, MHJ hasn't proven anything at the next level either.  Sammy Watkins was supposed to be the best WR in a loaded WR draft and then proved he wasn't anything more than a middling WR2.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

MHJ is a monster. He’s EASILY 1200 yards and 8-10 Tds as a rookie. If the Bills had a chance to get him they’d be crazy not to. Unfortunately, I’m not sure that’s realistic. I can’t see the Bills getting higher than 9 with the Bears. I think that they’ll be making that call if Odunze, Nabers or MHJ were still on the board. I just don’t see it as likely. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How is that a real point when they don't have the same role or targets as individuals as MHJ will initially see as a primary target for his new team?  lol

NOTE:  Shakir averaged an insane 13.5 yards per TARGET.  That is crazy good, that is not per catch, that is per target.  And he had something like an 87% catch rate too.  So what if he got 120 targets and MHJ got 120 targets?  May not be as big of a gap as you seem to think if Shakir continues that elite level of efficiency and effectiveness.  But he will never see that many targets on a team with Diggs, Samuel, himself, an early drafted rookie, Kincaid, and Cook...way too many weapons on this team behind the top target guy Diggs for Allen to spread the ball around.  

MHJ may prove to be the best player between himself, Shakir, Kincaid, and Cook 5 years from now...but that does not mean Shakir, Kincaid and Cook are not capable of being very good to great players themselves given what they have already shown in their short careers.  And on the flip side, MHJ hasn't proven anything at the next level either.  Sammy Watkins was supposed to be the best WR in a loaded WR draft and then proved he wasn't anything more than a middling WR2.  

Agreed. Which is why I think there's a decent chance MHJ outproduces them.

I just hope the Jets who have the #10 pick don't put together a trade package to move up and get him. G. Wilson and MHJ would be a pain in the ass for the rest of the division especially if Rodgers can stay healthy.

• Agree 1

On 3/23/2024 at 7:54 PM, Dr. Who said:

That was an outrageously low pay for KC to move up, for Mahomes yet.

No one's going to reciprocate for the Bills' try to move up, and this time the cost would be for a top 5 pick.

The deal closely matches the pick chart values.

50 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

The deal closely matches the pick chart values.

That chart doesn't take into account specific situations. I think a move up from #27 to #10 when you know the target is a QB ought to bring a lot more. If you think it was fine, that's your prerogative.