Marquise Brown going to the Chiefs

2 hours ago, Success said:

@Billl - this is a Bills board, and I'm gonna make pro-Bills posts.  I could do without the laughing emojis when I go pro-Bills, on a Bills board.

We have posters here who are very pro-Chiefs, so that should at least meet some minimum requirement you have for KC worship on opposing team's boards.  And beyond that, I'm sure you can get a lot of pro-Chiefs stuff on, you know - Chiefs boards.

Also, I'd be curious why that post was so uproarious.  Do you think Rice will ever be as good as Diggs?  You think Watson is better than Shakir?

Right now - you wouldn't trade Kelce for Kincaid, looking toward the future?

I find it funny that “it’s not even close” in your opinion.  The best number one target on that list is Kelce.  He’s better than Diggs.  The second best option is Rashee Rice.  He’s better than Kincaid.  The third option of Brown versus Samuel is probably a wash, though Brown has better numbers across the board in his 5 seasons than Samuel has in 7.  Shakir is a better 4th option, but that doesn’t really move the needle.  Now factor in the contracts.  Diggs, by himself, has a bigger cap hit this season than every Chiefs player on that list combined.

As for Kincaid versus Kelce, that comparison makes no sense.  If you wanted an honest comparison, it would be Kelce versus Diggs and Rice versus Kincaid.  I wouldn’t trade Kelce for Diggs, and I wouldn’t trade Rice for Kincaid.  Kincaid looks like a really nice piece going forward, but Rice looks like the next big thing in Kansas City.  There’s a reason the Chiefs jumped the Bills in the draft to grab him.  There’s also a reason you’re trying to compare your rookie to where our aging vet will be in 3 years while comparing our rookie to what your aging vet was last season.  

7 hours ago, JPP said:

Big deal is he's going from Murray to Mahomes...That 500 receiving yards will be doubled easy....His final year with Lamar he went over 1000....

I say he is over rated and average at best .

Kansas City is selling tickets again 

Edited by Bogie_Klinkhammer

43 minutes ago, Billl said:

I find it funny that “it’s not even close” in your opinion.  The best number one target on that list is Kelce.  He’s better than Diggs.  The second best option is Rashee Rice.  He’s better than Kincaid.  The third option of Brown versus Samuel is probably a wash, though Brown has better numbers across the board in his 5 seasons than Samuel has in 7.  Shakir is a better 4th option, but that doesn’t really move the needle.  Now factor in the contracts.  Diggs, by himself, has a bigger cap hit this season than every Chiefs player on that list combined.

As for Kincaid versus Kelce, that comparison makes no sense.  If you wanted an honest comparison, it would be Kelce versus Diggs and Rice versus Kincaid.  I wouldn’t trade Kelce for Diggs, and I wouldn’t trade Rice for Kincaid.  Kincaid looks like a really nice piece going forward, but Rice looks like the next big thing in Kansas City.  There’s a reason the Chiefs jumped the Bills in the draft to grab him.  There’s also a reason you’re trying to compare your rookie to where our aging vet will be in 3 years while comparing our rookie to what your aging vet was last season.  

Hey Bill, it’s cool that you secretly want to join the Mafia, a la Jason Kelce, hop aboard! No Chefs fan worth his salt would spend the same amount of time as you monitoring our humble Bills-centric posts here—and I for one would welcome your defection with open arms 🤗. C’mon, admit you miss the days pining for that first Super Bowl in your lifetime…just imagine how electric it will be around here on that glorious day when Josh hoists the hardware!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hey Bill, it’s cool that you secretly want to join the Mafia, a la Jason Kelce, hop aboard! No Chefs fan worth his salt would spend the same amount of time as you monitoring our humble Bills-centric posts here—and I for one would welcome your defection with open arms 🤗. C’mon, admit you miss the days pining for that first Super Bowl in your lifetime…just imagine how electric it will be around here on that glorious day when Josh hoists the hardware!!!!!!!!!! 

I will be secretly happy for all you jerks when the Bills finally win one.  Pissed as I was, here was my post when Davis caught the TD with 0:13 left and the game was effectively over.  That won’t stop me from poking at y’all, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billl said:

See?  We're not that far off.  You said "all day, every day," or something to that effect.  Not too far from "not even close."  We both have our team-centric opinions.

I disagree w/ your Rice/Kincaid comparison.  Kincaid is going to be bigtime for the Bills, imo.  You think Rice may be that for KC, but I'm not seeing it yet.  That's just an unknown on both sides, and we can differ reasonably on that.  I don't think your assessment of Rice is way off or anything, but I don't share it at the moment.  I have more confidence that Kincaid will have a more productive career.

Brown has better #'s, but I see Samuel as more versatile.  He's more like Deebo, and he gets better separation - which the Bills sorely need. But I would have been very happy w/ Brown, too.

The question originally was "would you trade this whole group for KC's whole group."  I just wouldn't.  If Kelce was 30, maybe.  He's the clear star of that group, but he's getting old.  Diggs is too, but he turns 31 this year, and Kelce turns 35.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billl said:

And we all think it’s funny that you’re even here.  Reeking of insecurities.  Seeking validation.  Unable to discuss your own team with your peers.  At least you understand that Bills fans football IQ >>> chiefs fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Success said:

See?  We're not that far off.  You said "all day, every day," or something to that effect.  Not too far from "not even close."  We both have our team-centric opinions.

I disagree w/ your Rice/Kincaid comparison.  Kincaid is going to be bigtime for the Bills, imo.  You think Rice may be that for KC, but I'm not seeing it yet.  That's just an unknown on both sides, and we can differ reasonably on that.  I don't think your assessment of Rice is way off or anything, but I don't share it at the moment.  I have more confidence that Kincaid will have a more productive career.

Brown has better #'s, but I see Samuel as more versatile.  He's more like Deebo, and he gets better separation - which the Bills sorely need. But I would have been very happy w/ Brown, too.

The question originally was "would you trade this whole group for KC's whole group."  I just wouldn't.  If Kelce was 30, maybe.  He's the clear star of that group, but he's getting old.  Diggs is too, but he turns 31 this year, and Kelce turns 35.

Haha, we’re not far off at all other than I’m a Chiefs fan and you’re a Bills fan.  I enjoy the football talk and the back and having some fun with rival fans.  Sometimes I like to hang out with a group of completely likeminded fans, and other times it’s fun to trade back and forths with fans of rival teams.  That’s what makes rivalries fun, IMO.  I know it’s a Bills site, and I try not to cross the line.  Sometimes I don’t try hard enough.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And we all think it’s funny that you’re even here.  Reeking of insecurities.  Seeking validation.  Unable to discuss your own team with your peers.  At least you understand that Bills fans football IQ >>> chiefs fans. 

WTF?  Do you have no friends who are fans of different teams?  Chill TF out.

Tyreek Hill 2.0 

this is gonna suck 

52 minutes ago, Success said:

I see where you’re at but cmon man 

Andy Reid is going to scheme Hollywood much like they did tyreek 

may not be AS FAST - that missing element is back now for KC

17 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Tyreek Hill 2.0 

this is gonna suck 

I see where you’re at but cmon man 

Andy Reid is going to scheme Hollywood much like they did tyreek 

may not be AS FAST - that missing element is back now for KC

Lol what

MVS ran a 4.37 verified ! At over 6'3 lol

Speed is far from the only thing that makes Tyreek Hill a Hall of famer... And Hollywood browns speed and skill is not even close to cheetahs

None of the corners on our team will have a problem with Hollywood with 10 other guys around them

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

Haha, we’re not far off at all other than I’m a Chiefs fan and you’re a Bills fan.  I enjoy the football talk and the back and having some fun with rival fans.  Sometimes I like to hang out with a group of completely likeminded fans, and other times it’s fun to trade back and forths with fans of rival teams.  That’s what makes rivalries fun, IMO.  I know it’s a Bills site, and I try not to cross the line.  Sometimes I don’t try hard enough.

I get that, and don't have too much of a problem w/ it.   I'd probably allow for more of a grace period before getting too snarky w/ fans of a team that my team just beat AGAIN in the playoffs, on their way to ANOTHER Super Bowl win, when that team hadn't gotten there yet.  Personally, my sensitivity is still a bit tender after that one, especially when I see Mahomes & Kelce anytime on turn on the TV these days.

But not everyone has to be like me.  And a lot of fans here are probably well over it by now. I'll probably be okay after the draft.

Anyway, all good. I'll try to take your posts & emojis in the spirit of good rivalry talk instead of getting snippy.  I might not always succeed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

He was never a true #1 WR. He put up big numbers one year when defenses were keying on Antonio Brown. He was always a slow possession WR. A decent two or three, but far from a legit 1. 

Where have I been trying to argue whether or not TikTokBoi is a "true #1 receiver"?

That seems to be a regular straw scarecrow you've inserted here.

You've been arguing that Smith-Schuster is mediocre and hasn't been very good for years based on the fact that he contributed little in NE in 2023.

My point is simply that isn't a very logical or fact-based evaluation for his performance in KC and previously.

That's a miniscule contract. What about that suggests "we expect a huge year from this player?" If anything, it proves my point. A 1 year, incentive-laden "prove it" deal that is small even including incentives. Because they knew it was a gamble, and that even if he stayed healthy, he wasn't elite. And if the expectation around the league was that Smith-Schuster would have a very productive year, someone would have paid him much more. 

1. KC signed its 2022 3 vet WR within $1.8M of each other, and they were all minescule cap hits.  But as players, Smith-Schuster had the best and most consistent prior performance of the 3 before his 2021 injury - that's why I think they were expecting the most from him as a WR that year (and in fact, got the most from him of their WR).  They also in the end, paid him the most but because of his previous year's injury and NFL rules were able to package it as "unlikely to be earned incentives" which is smart cap management.  They didn't exactly have a lot of cap.

2. After they pay their elite QB, that's what teams do - they have 1 receiver they pay (for KC, that's Kelce) and other than that, it's first contracts and lower-tier FA.  Whether they expect "a huge year" is not directly correlated to the player's salary for that reason - do you really want to "go there" to argue expectations and salary are always linked?

3. As far as paying JSS more, for all we know someone did offer, but he chose to go to KC on a "prove it" year to try to parlay a big 2nd contract.  Worked.

"Elite" is not a label I've tried to apply to TikTokBoi any more than "true #1".  If you really want to play the "I'll set up strawmen you aren't actually arguing game", I got better things to do.

He was never a true #1 WR. He put up big numbers one year when defenses were keying on Antonio Brown. He was always a slow possession WR. A decent two or three, but far from a legit 1. 

Where have I been trying to argue whether or not TikTokBoi is a "true #1 receiver"?

You've been arguing that Smith-Schuster is mediocre and hasn't been very good for years based on the fact that he contributed little in NE in 2023.

My point is simply that isn't a very logical or fact-based evaluation for his performance in KC and previously.

That's a miniscule contract. What about that suggests "we expect a huge year from this player?" If anything, it proves my point. A 1 year, incentive-laden "prove it" deal that is small even including incentives. Because they knew it was a gamble, and that even if he stayed healthy, he wasn't elite. And if the expectation around the league was that Smith-Schuster would have a very productive year, someone would have paid him much more. 

1. KC signed its 2022 3 vet WR within $1.8M of each other, and they were all minescule cap hits.  But as players, Smith-Schuster had the best and most consistent prior performance of the 3 before his 2021 injury - that's why I think they were expecting the most from him as a WR that year (and in fact, got the most from him of their WR).  They also in the end, paid him the most but because of his previous year's injury and NFL rules were able to package it as "unlikely to be earned incentives" which is smart cap management.  They didn't exactly have a lot of cap.

2. After they pay their elite QB, that's what teams do - they have 1 receiver they pay (for KC, that's Kelce) and other than that, it's first contracts and lower-tier FA.  Whether they expect "a huge year" is not directly correlated to the player's salary for that reason - do you really want to "go there" to argue expectations and salary are always linked?

3. As far as paying JSS more, for all we know someone did offer, but he chose to go to KC on a "prove it" year to try to parlay a big 2nd contract.  Worked.

"Elite" is not a label I've tried to apply to TikTokBoi any more than "true #1".  If you really want to play the "I'll set up strawmen you aren't actually arguing game", I got better things to do.

I'm not interested in arguing relative resources of Buffalo vs KC, I'm just responding to the points I'm responding to.

I'm not interested in arguing relative resources of Buffalo vs KC, I'm just responding to the points I'm responding to.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not basing my argument just on the fact that he contributed little in NE, but it does reinforce the point. If he were a player with obvious ability, he would have been higher than the 5th option on a bad offense. I don't think that's a controversial opinion. Anyone who can hold onto the ball will put up decent numbers with Reid and Mahomes. Hardman had 700 yds a few years ago, and 6 TDs in half a season in '22. In NY, he had 1 reception for 6 yds with 0 TDs. 

Smith-Schuster hadn't put up good numbers in 4 years when he signed with the Chiefs. He was an injury-plagued player coming off a 129 yd season. Couple that with the fact that he's among the slowest receivers in the league, even at his prime, and it's no surprise that they got him for a bargain. 

Signing Smith-Schuster and MVS was not a valiant effort to replace Hill's production. I think most people would agree on that. 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

The post I originally responded to argued that KC's made a great effort to provide Mahomes with good WRs. If they traded away their only #1 caliber WR in his prime and didn't make any efforts to sign a #1, with zero first round picks spent on WR in Mahomes' career, how is that a great effort? Rice may well end up being a #1, but nobody in the organization expected that in his rookie year in Reid's offense. Even Hill produced little in his first season. WRs never dominate out of the gate under Reid. He requires them to know too much before trusting them with a large role.

I don't think any rational fan would view a few late 2nd round picks and some mediocre/average FA signings as a serious effort to provide Mahomes with a great receiving corps. 

Of course, we can make excuses about the salary cap, but that's a different argument. I never said I was surprised that they haven't allocated a ton of resources to the position--just that they haven't. If they wanted to, they could obviously devote more resources to WR and less elsewhere. 

The other aspect is that, even if you want to argue they've made a solid effort, the results have not been very good. And that's all that really matters. Moore looks like a complete bust, Toney was the laughingstock of the league this year, MVS was not very good, Smith-Schuster was average, Hardman's been a big disappointment, Pringle/Watson/etc are JAGs, and Watkins was always injured. 

And no matter what argument you want to make about their overall efforts, there's no denying that they were criminally negligent last offseason. And many KC fans were saying as much at the time. Banking on Toney and Moore making a huge jump, or a late 2nd round rookie killing it in year 1 in Reid's system was a joke.  Granted, I think a lot of receivers can be serviceable in KC's offense as long as they can catch the ball and run decent routes. As it turned out, no one but Rice was able to do either this season. 

16 hours ago, Billl said:

I’m not sure what happened to Diggs late in the year (injury? Declining?), but if he isn’t significantly better next season, KC’s top three are definitely better. Kelce > Kincaid (anyone who thinks Kelce’s declined significantly should watch the Baltimore game). Rice was much better than Diggs down the stretch and will only be stronger next year. And Brown is better than Samuel. 

Edited by SaulGoodman
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Billl said:

WTF?  Do you have no friends who are fans of different teams?  Chill TF out.

Yes, I have dozens of friends who are fans of different teams…….

But you won’t find me on their teams message boards defending every anti-bills remark to the bone.  We meet up, drink beer and talk about sports.  We have text chats.  If I were to go to a cheifs message board, I would expect lots bills smack talk.  That’s what fans of other teams do.  

But you on the other hand.  I need validation and I…..

Give It To Me Want GIF 

12 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I’m not sure what happened to Diggs late in the year (injury? Declining?), but if he isn’t significantly better next season, KC’s top three are definitely better. Kelce > Kincaid (anyone who thinks Kelce’s declined significantly should watch the Baltimore game). Rice was much better than Diggs down the stretch and will only be stronger next year. And Brown is better than Samuel. 

It's interesting.  You have spent a lot of time on here arguing that Mahomes doesn't have much of an advantage over Allen w/ their respective situations.  But here, you're presenting the opposite of that.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Success said:

It's interesting.  You have spent a lot of time on here arguing that Mahomes doesn't have much of an advantage over Allen w/ their respective situations.  But here, you're presenting the opposite of that.

I don’t think that’s inconsistent with anything I’ve said.

There are a few important factors here. Hollywood Brown can be a game-changer for KC, and Diggs’ decline is huge for the Bills. Maybe he’ll bounce back next season, but we don’t know that. He’s at the age that receivers tend to slow down a little. 

Kincaid is still mostly potential. He could be better than Kelce within a few years but it would be crazy to say he’s there now. 

I also expect a solid jump for Rice in year two, and he’s already pretty dangerous. After Rice, there was a massive drop-off to the next most productive/reliable WR. It was important for them to fill that hole and add a third weapon. 

But as of today, there isn’t much after those three. The ship’s probably sailed on Toney and Moore. Watson makes a pretty good #4 or 5 WR but he’s not a consistent weapon. I’m guessing they’ll draft one in the first.