Hunter Renfrow to be released

Just now, vtnatefootball11 said:

Diggs plays all over the field and is a great route runner no doubt, but he's not the best in the NFL, cmon man have some objectivity.  Shakir is a good route runner as well (not better than Renfrow, you clearly haven't watched much of him) but I'm talking about adding pure slot receiver, elite route runner, someone who always gets open. We haven't had it since Beasley, it's a nice security blanket for Josh and gives us depth so we aren't banking on just Diggs/Shakir/rookie.  

I have.  I have watched a WR that had ONE year that was over his norm of middling between 400-650 yards

Shakir had Renfrow stats already last year with less snaps.  

So YES NO to Renfrow.  There are some veteran WRs I could be talked into HE isnt one of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Is it bad to have two players who can play in the slot?

No, just depends on how you want the offense to function. Once Brady took over, there was a much more concerted effort to run the ball. With guys like Kincaid and Knox, who can also catch passes, having those guys on the field gives you more options and the ability to "hide" whats coming.

If we start having Renfrow, Shakir and Diggs in packages, its more likely a pass, which give the defense a slight advantage. I'm not saying Renfrow couldn't be useful, I've always liked him, but it may not line up with with Brady wants to do 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I have.  I have watched a WR that had ONE year that was over his norm of middling between 400-650 yards

Shakir had Renfrow stats already last year with less snaps.  

So YES NO to Renfrow.  There are some veteran WRs I could be talked into HE isnt one of them.

Looks who's throwing him the ball. You say you "watched" them but then you only look at basic stats. To say you "know" that Shakir is a better route runner is laughable. You have to ask what numbers Renfrow could put up in our offense with Josh throwing the ball.  And you may not like Renfrow, but to act like he isn't an option is short sighted, he could help us and at the right price would be a great pickup. 

1 minute ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Looks who's throwing him the ball. You say you "watched" them but then you only look at basic stats. To say you "know" that Shakir is a better route runner is laughable. You have to ask what numbers Renfrow could put up in our offense with Josh throwing the ball.  And you may not like Renfrow, but to act like he isn't an option is short sighted, he could help us and at the right price would be a great pickup. 

Ok Vet Min.  Is he signing for that.  That is the Right price for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

He's better than that, he will have options for sure, but it won't take much if wants to win. Something under $5m per for a contender is possible. 

Then No.  League Min is what he is worth for the Bills in this window with the Draft Rich position of WR that they have 11 picks in.  

Just now, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Def would have been better than Mack friggin Hollins

Does he play ST like Hollins does?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Then No.  League Min is what he is worth for the Bills in this window with the Draft Rich position of WR that they have 11 picks in.  

Does he play ST like Hollins does?

He actually does return kicks/punts (was the primary punt return for a while at Clemson) so can be used for that but his main contribution would be in the slot.  We clearly disagree on his value, I''ll leave it at that.  Hollins is a complete different position/role, wouldn't affect us signing a veteran slot like Renfrow one way or the other.  We are clearly going to draft WRs as well, this much is obvious (and we damn well better draft one in the first and move up if necessary).  Doesn't preclude a couple safe vet FAs on minimal deals. 

2 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

He actually does return kicks/punts (was the primary punt return for a while at Clemson) so can be used for that but his main contribution would be in the slot.  We clearly disagree on his value, I''ll leave it at that.  Hollins is a complete different position/role, wouldn't affect us signing a veteran slot like Renfrow one way or the other.  We are clearly going to draft WRs as well, this much is obvious (and we damn well better draft one in the first and move up if necessary).  Doesn't preclude a couple safe vet FAs on minimal deals. 

Cool you will be able to watch him in NJ.  Just not in NY in Red White and Blue

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Renfrow could come at a super cheap 1 year deal to play with Allen and boost his stats for a better payday down the road.

How is this a benefit to the Bills? Really, is this guy useful or would he be padding his stats and moving on, in such case why bother? 

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

How is this a benefit to the Bills? Really, is this guy useful or would he be padding his stats and moving on, in such case why bother? 

It’s mutually beneficial for Renfrow to pad his stats. If he’s padding his stats, then he’s probably getting first downs and helping the Bills win.

His QBs in Vegas have been horrible.

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s mutually beneficial for Renfrow to pad his stats. If he’s padding his stats, then he’s probably getting first downs and helping the Bills win.

His QBs in Vegas have been horrible.

So, is he actually talented? Thats the real question here, has he beaten out anyone for playing time while in Vegas or wherever? Or is he just another JAG?  Asking because I don’t know the answers to these questions,

Renfrow as depth would be fine, but he isn't signing somewhere to be depth only, he is going to want to at least have a chance to compete to start, if not come in as the slot starter.

I would bet good money he signs with the Chiefs if released because he fits their short pass attack very well and its a spot they need a lot of help on.