Beane in the DT market

Einstein

58 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I like the idea of signing DJ Reader to a one-year deal.  Seems like the perfect option 

I don’t think we’re going to spend like that on a DT after resigning daquan.  We shouldn’t invest that heavily in that position imo.  Never know though, we’re talking about Beane and the DL

Edited by NewEra

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think we’re going to spend like that on a DT after resigning daquan.  We shouldn’t invest that heavily in that position imo.  Never know though, we’re talking about Beane and the DL

The longer he’s out there, the lower his cost becomes.  I think they could get him on a one year deal for $4M

27 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The longer he’s out there, the lower his cost becomes.  I think they could get him on a one year deal for $4M

Would be nice.  I think he’ll get more

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

seems like they should be doing something drastic on the DL in my opinion.  Miller imo is done.  

I was hoping they would pull off something surprising on the line.  I just can't get the KC playoff game out of my head.  They got manhandled by KC.  I am hoping they land some guys in the draft who can help but that is always risky, most guys take time on the line except the elite pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:
3 hours ago, MPL said:

I've yet to find a sexy DT.  

C’mon, not even one of those guys with their gut hanging over their waistline?

1 hour ago, Westside said:
3 hours ago, MPL said:

I've yet to find a sexy DT.  

You haven’t looked hard enough. 🤷‍♂️

Okay, okay okay, so I lied a little...

wilfork.thumb.jpeg.3d895eb08ed8e901d619f9e8697e163d.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Kind of have to be. We've got our Starters in Oliver and Daquan, but literally nothing else.

Don't know if Roach was something we were looking at before we signed Jones to start or as for depth. We'll def get at least 2-3 more guys there between FA and the Draft. Though it won't be anyone sexy.

We absolutely need good players behind the five we have now. When you have zero great players, you’d better have a lot of good ones.

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

We absolutely need good players behind the five we have now. When you have zero great players, you’d better have a lot of good ones.

Good ones, yes. You can get good ones for rotation in the 2-3m range.

But someone like DJ Reader who is going to command big time starting money and demand a starting role with the team he signs to, delegating and paying Daquan Jones what we're paying him to be rotational? Not gonna happen.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1