Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

Kevin Massare made a good point on his video just now…

take the $ you were paying to Phillips, Settle and Ford…but instead of 3 fringe players you’re using it on a stud. Plus Arik is capable of playing multiple spots on the line

a team captain with the Niners and one of the better overall DL players in the NFC

IMO if we got him I’d mix in a package where Von is lined up as an “OLB” on passing downs

Rousseau Armstead Oliver Epenesa

Von

If you want to stop the run….

Rousseau Jones Oliver Armstead

is a nasty front 4 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Is Thomas DeLaus legit? Does he work for cover 1 or what does he do? 

his profile says he does. Whether he actually knows anything who knows.

Happy Days is legit though and he said earlier that we told Arik to let us have dibs to match his best offer.

The original report relating to our interest came from the Niners Athletic reporter who is very likely a legit source 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

take the $ you were paying to Phillips, Settle and Ford…but instead of 3 fringe players you’re using it on a stud. Plus Arik is capable of playing multiple spots on the line

a team captain with the Niners and one of the better overall DL players in the NFC

IMO if we got him I’d mix in a package where Von is lined up as an “OLB” on passing downs

Von

is a nasty front 4 

Imagine if we did that at wr last year. These mid level contracts kill me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He’s shocked me with Hamler and Hollins this off season. It’s pretty much Sherfield and Harty. Beane don’t learn from mistakes, he just keeps going with the same mindset. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

If they re-restructured JA’s contract tomorrow, would the two restructurings technically be in two separate league years?

I don’t think it can be done again same year. 

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Von

is a nasty front 4 

I don’t hate this …. But the move needed to be made before they brought back AJQ.. that was the DT splash … with more help coming with some of those Day 3 picks …

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

his profile says he does. Whether he actually knows anything who knows.

Happy Days is legit though and he said earlier that we told Arik to let us have dibs to match his best offer.

The original report relating to our interest came from the Niners Athletic reporter who is very likely a legit source 

Agree. Some good reports out there possibly.

Happy Days thankful he is here.  Glad he shares with us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

53 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They've actually done a lot. We had a LOT of things to take care of. So we couldn't spend too much in one place. There's just not much on the external front. Going into Free Agency - the plan in my mind was to take care of major holes that could leave us to address WR in the Draft. To that end we've filled:

Starting Safety 1 - Re-Signed Taylor Rapp

Starting Safety 2 -

Starting 1T DT - Re-Signed Daquan Jones

Starting OG Replacing McGovern switching to Center - Re-Signed David Edwards

DE3/Possible DE2 in the event Miller is done - Re-Signed AJ Epenesa

And we addressed some other depth things with inexpensive options like QB2 (Trubisky), LB3 replacing Dodson (Morrow), WR5/Special Teams Gunner (Hollins), Safety 3 (Lewis). There's still things like the other Starting Safety spot, rotational DT's behind Oliver and Jones, RB2/3, and a couple backup OL. 

But the idea that we haven't "maximized" what we could do, based on the amount of money we had and the major things we needed to get done isn't true in my mind. We covered a lot of the major holes. Even with the "backing off a lot more" as you put it, we're effectively at zero when it comes to space we have.   

There’s been some activity and hole plugging - especially depth - but there’s yet to be a single move that improves the team from last season. The Dawkins extension and Jones re-signing are helpful, but those are just keeping status quo.

• Thank you (+1) 1

As we’ve seen with injuries these past few years, if your star players go down, you’re screwed anyway.   Doesn’t matter if the depth is a 4M per year guy vs a Day 3 guy.

In terms of the ultimate goal, you do need to stay healthy.  It is what it is. 

Hopefully Beane is learning his lesson because we need more Armstead’s and less (insert vet making 2-4M all over the roster)

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, BananaB said:

He’s shocked me with Hamler and Hollins this off season. It’s pretty much Sherfield and Harty. Beane don’t learn from mistakes, he just keeps going with the same mindset. 

Even if that’s a little bit true and he wants to hit his head against the wall with your theory, he did it at on a much cheaper scale that doesn’t hurt us one bit. I’m about that. 

how about 3 for 36 and incentives up to 42 for Arik? Add a couple void years and bring the hit down for this year

It’s Dark out now. Time for some magic BEANES to land Armstead then swing a trade for a WR 😎  Spend those fun coupons

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn't he say that about today, yesterday?

It baffles me how he has a job at Cover 1. I guess they feel that they also want to cover the "delusional fans that like to play Madden GM with the roster" was a market they wanted to cost too.

Edited by BillsFanForever19