Bears, Byard, Beets, Battlestar Galactica (Byard to Bears)

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Breaking - Non Bills  player signs with another team

Film at 11

Being the Bills signed his former position coach there was talk of him being a possibility here. Also good to see where the bar is at the safety position before FA opens being the Bills may be in the safety market.

There's not one but two possible tie ins with the Bills. 

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Some thought he may be an option here. First safety domino falls. 2years $15M base isn't much for a guy with his background and experience. Safety market should be dirt cheap for the Bills.

That’s way more than the Bills would be willing to pay for a safety.  They should be able to land a solid starter for $3 or $4 million/year.

• Agree 2

Just now, mannc said:

That’s way more than the Bills would be willing to pay for a safety.  They should be able to land a solid starter for $3 or $4 million/year.

Agreed. I think Byard is still viewed very favorably around the league. If he's seeing 7.5/yr there's a solid chance a guy like Stone or Chinn could come in below that. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Agreed. I think Byard is still viewed very favorably around the league. If he's seeing 7.5/yr there's a solid chance a guy like Stone or Chinn could come in below that. 

There are literally over 20 starting safeties on the FA market…it’s a buyers’ market for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, mannc said:

There are literally over 20 starting safeties on the FA market…it’s a buyers’ market for sure.

Some of them are going to be better than anyone coming out the draft too.

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

You had me at beets. Lidl has an excellent Freshona Crinkled Beetroot Pickled in Sweet Vinegar and after the beets are eaten the fluid it is pickled in is great to drink.

Done with all that liquor?!  No wonder you had a stroke!

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Do you consider Rapp a solid starter? I don't, and he got 3 yr at 14.5. If we don't land better players our safety play is in for a big downgrade. 

9 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Do you consider Rapp a solid starter? I don't, and he got 3 yr at 14.5. If we don't land better players our safety play is in for a big downgrade. 

Yeah, that Rapp contract is a bit of a puzzler…he wasn’t even a starter last year.  Maybe they just really want to have some continuity…

8 minutes ago, stuvian said:

when would the Bears go with a 30 year old safety when they are going young at QB? Do they really expect to win right away with Williams? That doesn't make sense roster wise

Maybe they aren’t drafting Williams😎

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yeah, that Rapp contract is a bit of a puzzler…he wasn’t even a starter last year.  Maybe they just really want to have some continuity…

Maybe they aren’t drafting Williams😎

it is the Bears after all so you can't rule out a Trubisky 2.0

Just now, stuvian said:

it is the Bears after all so you can't rule out a Trubisky 2.0

I think there is at least a 20% chance they trade the pick and stick with Fields.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

I think there is at least a 20% chance they trade the pick and stick with Fields.

I don't rule out them doing both. No one has mentioned the possibility of them KEEPING Fields on the roster and taking Williams (or whomever) at 1. Waiting until closer to TC to see if a team loses a starter and gets a bit desperate and pays more of a premium on a next year pick out of need. 

If there isn't a huge trade market for him now, that may be the way.

• Agree 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

3 years of watching Justin Fields and it being the worst kept secret the Bears are taking Williams 

That does not equal zero percent…I admit it’s unlikely, but it ain’t zero percent, at least until they trade Fields.