Chris Jones signs with KC 5yr $95M guaranteed

Process

30 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Thats $46 million less if they signed him last year. Nearly $4M per year less.

But I agree it’s not a “disaster”. Just a worse deal for them.

46m less, and 4m per year… I’m not sure I’m following?

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

If they are trying to get out after 3 the restructure after doesn’t really make it easier to do. I feel like a lot of folks just throwing those terms around Willy nilly 

I know, but they probably still will

be able to.

its like Von miller- bills can get out of his deal after this season and save a few million even though they re structured after year 1.

He also signed a "5 year" contract, but it really was 3 years 

Edited by BillsFan130

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

If they are trying to get out after 3 the restructure after doesn’t really make it easier to do. I feel like a lot of folks just throwing those terms around Willy nilly 

"you can just restructure" is the NFL version of seinfeld's "you can just write it off." 

• Haha (+1) 1

OTC shows they can restructure his contract in 2025 and 2026 to save $20.7M and $22.5M respectively. So, more likely his cap hits over the next 3 years will be $7.3M, $14.1M, and $18.6M. They won't feel any real pain on the contract until 2027 at the earliest.

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

OTC shows they can restructure his contract in 2025 and 2026 to save $20.7M and $22.5M respectively. So, more likely his cap hits over the next 3 years will be $7.3M, $14.1M, and $18.6M. They won't feel any real pain on the contract until 2027 at the earliest.

If they want to kick this one down the road …those 2027 and 28 years could hurt them… they can get out of it though easily in 27 otherwise if they pay as they go…

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

this is what winning teams do  (when the players warrant it) 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Zero chance the Chiefs do that.

If they did, his cap hit would be 54 Million in 2027 and 63 million in 2028.

And I don’t think they’d be extending a 34 year old DT to stretch it either.

Mods should consider revising the title of this thread to something like "Chris Jones signs with KC 5yr, $158.75M, $95M guaranteed".  People seem to be confusing the guaranteed with the total value.   His AAV is 31.75M

Edited by Matt_In_NH

This is why I read every post saying "but the cap, guys..." in a whiny little voice when it comes to the Bills making moves.

Beane needs to figure it out. This is the competition. There are no "luxuries." The whole damn league is a luxury.