Your Top UFA Targets for Free Agency Monday

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

First choices:

1. Kamren Curl

2. Darnell Mooney

Backup otions:

1. Julian Blackmon

2. DJ Chark

They will need a vet 1T as well but I haven't really looked in depth at that market.

I don't mind the safeties u have up here but I really hope the Bills don't sign any Wrs for more then 3/4 mil per season. We should draft our Wrs load up on young cheap talent. 

The problem I have with the Wrs in this market is there way to expensive and I'm hoping the Bills spend there money on the Dline and Defense in general. The draft can be for the skill positions on offense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I don't mind the safeties u have up here but I really hope the Bills don't sign any Wrs for more then 3/4 mil per season. We should draft our Wrs load up on young cheap talent. 

The problem I have with the Wrs in this market is there way to expensive and I'm hoping the Bills spend there money on the Dline and Defense in general. The draft can be for the skill positions on offense. 

I get the thinking. I just think where we sit in the draft now guaranteeing getting two capable of having an impact is tough. 

I wouldn't overpay for a FA vet. But I'd be looking to add one if I could.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I get the thinking. I just think where we sit in the draft now guaranteeing getting two capable of having an impact is tough. 

I wouldn't overpay for a FA vet. But I'd be looking to add one if I could.

I think the Bills have enough firepower already with Diggs, Shakir & Kincaid so yes they need a vet Wr but I'm hoping it's closer to min deal then anything else. I'm hearing Mooney can get up to 10mil per and that's way too much for the Bills at this point. If we can get him or someone like him for under 5 I'll take it. 

In 2022 we drafted Elam and Benford and they both played and weren't bad in doing so. Hopefully we take the same approach with the Wrs this draft. Like I said before at least for the beginning of the season the Bills can lean on Diggs, Kincaid and Shakir to command the majority of the targets I can see them collectively getting at least 24 targets a game to begin the season. Add in a few to the backs 3-4 another 3-5 to the rookie that starts at the X or the Vet we bring in we'll be in good shape until hopefully our Rookie at least can contribute like Rice did for the Chiefs this past season. 

16 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think the Bills have enough firepower already with Diggs, Shakir & Kincaid so yes they need a vet Wr but I'm hoping it's closer to min deal then anything else. I'm hearing Mooney can get up to 10mil per and that's way too much for the Bills at this point. If we can get him or someone like him for under 5 I'll take it. 

In 2022 we drafted Elam and Benford and they both played and weren't bad in doing so. Hopefully we take the same approach with the Wrs this draft. Like I said before at least for the beginning of the season the Bills can lean on Diggs, Kincaid and Shakir to command the majority of the targets I can see them collectively getting at least 24 targets a game to begin the season. Add in a few to the backs 3-4 another 3-5 to the rookie that starts at the X or the Vet we bring in we'll be in good shape until hopefully our Rookie at least can contribute like Rice did for the Chiefs this past season. 

As I have said previously it depends how they really feel inside the building about Diggs. If they think they will get Diggs back to his best then I agree. If they genuinely think there are signs of decline I think they need to add a vet. 

• Disagree 1

I see most are going with the mid level signings I'm gonna take a different approach. 

Sign 

DE - Hunter

DT- Wilkens 

Give them deals that have min impact on the 2024 cap space . Von type deals were he counted 5.5 mil on the cap the first yr. 

Sign 

SS- Chinn 

FS- Stone 

Adding these 2 Safeties won't break the bank I believe collectively they'll get around 13 mil total per season. 

Projected starting D 

DE - Hunter

DT- Wilkens

DT- Oliver

DE- Groot 

LB- Milano

LB- Bernard

CB - Douglas 

CB- Benford

CB - Taron 

SS - Chinn

FS - Stone 

That's a Superbowl caliber defense use only vet min deals for bkups and the draft . 

On offense there's really no money to use here because I spent it on the defense but we can sign a vet Wr to compete for starting X . Use the draft to load up on WRS. Draft 2 or 3 Wrs at least and with the rest of the draft go BPA no matter the position. 

I'm tired of the Bills getting the usual suspects in free agency signing a bunch of 5/7 mil per yr players. I hope this yr we consolidate and get 2 big deals then go to work on cheap 1 yr deals that's what Beane strength is anyways plus he's good at drafting in the mid rds so this type of off-season is definitely douable. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I see most are going with the mid level signings I'm gonna take a different approach. 

Sign 

DE - Hunter

DT- Wilkens 

Give them deals that have min impact on the 2024 cap space . Von type deals were he counted 5.5 mil on the cap the first yr. 

Sign 

SS- Chinn 

FS- Stone 

Adding these 2 Safeties won't break the bank I believe collectively they'll get around 13 mil total per season. 

Projected starting D 

DE - Hunter

DT- Wilkens

DT- Oliver

DE- Groot 

LB- Milano

LB- Bernard

CB - Douglas 

CB- Benford

CB - Taron 

SS - Chinn

FS - Stone 

That's a Superbowl caliber defense use only vet min deals for bkups and the draft . 

On offense there's really no money to use here because I spent it on the defense but we can sign a vet Wr to compete for starting X . Use the draft to load up on WRS. Draft 2 or 3 Wrs at least and with the rest of the draft go BPA no matter the position. 

I'm tired of the Bills getting the usual suspects in free agency signing a bunch of 5/7 mil per yr players. I hope this yr we consolidate and get 2 big deals then go to work on cheap 1 yr deals that's what Beane strength is anyways plus he's good at drafting in the mid rds so this type of off-season is definitely douable. 

I am betting they signed Rapp to start.  Find might need to start grasping this.  Chinn as #2, With a couple picks in 5th/ 6th rounds as depth, is what I would do.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Agree 2

I don't like the pairing of Chinn and Rapp.   With Rapp in the box my thought is you would rather pair Rapp with a good coverage safety.  Chinn is not a good coverage safety, from what I understand.  

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I don't like the pairing of Chinn and Rapp.   With Rapp in the box my thought is you would rather pair Rapp with a good coverage safety.  Chinn is not a good coverage safety, from what I understand.  

I could see them reuniting Rapp with Jordan Fuller from the Rams. I would also like Geno Stone. Draft 1

DL: AJE

Fletcher Cox

Haason Reddick

Draft two DTs and two DEs

WR: Calvin Ridley  Draft 2

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I am betting they signed Rapp to start.  Find might need to start grasping this.  Chinn as #2, With a couple picks in 5th/ 6th rounds as depth, is what I would do.

They like using a lot of 3 Safety sets so it's not a slam dunk that Rapp is the starter plus there's his injury history to take into account Rapp has a hard time staying healthy when playing full time he even got hurt last yr as a bkup.

If anything I can see him being a bridge to a draft pick that's probably another plan the Bills have.

11 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The Bills liked Jeremy Chinn coming out of college.  Plus due to injuries and inconsistency, I think his value won’t be as high as it should be.  He seems like the type of FA the Bills will target

Injuries and inconsistencies. Seems to check all the boxes. :beer:

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

We will use a couple lower round picks on Safety

Noah Brown or Josh Reynolds at receiver. Then we draft a guy to compete.

Devin Duvernay as a depth receiver, but also for returns.

I'd bring back Daquon Jones and Cam Lewis. Also Dane Jackson since we cut Tre White. Ty Johnson would be good to bring back. He's a good 3rd RB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

With McDermott, I think people see Chinn’s untapped potential and just assume it will be realized here. 

Can’t lie .. I would think this as well. 

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Chris Jones

Otherwise nobody until at least the following week when prices start to come down.    

If they come to terms with somebody Monday it will probably be an overpay.

Didn’t they target McGovern immediately last year?

I usually agree the first wave is overpays, but it seemed the Bills targeted him from jump and locked him down to a reasonable contract pretty quickly. 

Edited by SCBills