Bills Memorabilia

I got into collecting a bit more when COVID began. Was just really going stir crazy. 

I have a Josh rookie card psa graded 10 which is pretty cool.  I also have an official NFL Football where Josh signed “Mafia is Family” and a Josh signed Jersey. On my wall a Josh Diggs duo signed picture. 

As a kid, I  remember heading to a mini camp and was able to get A bunch of Autographs on a mini helmet.  The two I really wanted were Bryce Paup and Chris Spielman! Got them both with Ted Washington and a bunch of others.

I met Jim Kelly at a signing in Toronto so have a pic and signed picture. I do have his rookie card as well.

Some fun stuff and I’m probably done at this point. My 2 Boys can have all of it one day. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

On 3/8/2024 at 6:47 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

One thing that I got about a year ago that I was pretty excited about was an Original 1987 Costacos Brothers 'Machine Gun Kelly' Poster.

I spent a really long time looking for one of those in good condition at a decent price.

I used to have that poster and another titled Kellys Heroes with Jim, Andre, Thurman, Biscuit, Bruce.

I have two gameday coins.  One is from Aug 12,1973 inaugural game of our new stadium, Bills versus Redskins.  The other is a 12th man coin from December 12, 1992. 

I also have Ralph Wilsons Bills business card, with his phone number, and Ralph signed it "Best Regards, Ralph Wilson".

I have a bunch of Starter Bills gear too.  Bills Mafia always comments of my old gear

Edited by Pete
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've got some stuff. Nothing too crazy. The handful of Jim Kelly cards I got signed as a kid back when camp was in Fredonia are probably the most special to me. 

I just cleaned out a room and found a football signed by a bunch of guys from the 2009 team. I also have a full sized helmet signed by Jairus Byrd. It's the red helmet they had just before the switch in 2011. Always wanted to get it done up in the white but for now it's just occupying a hook in a random closet. 

I've got a bunch of mini helmets, all five Buffalo Bills Funko Pops they've made plus those Fisher Price Little People sets. On top of that is an always growing collection of Bills cards. Hobby boxes are ridiculously priced these days and even though it's fun to rip packs I just can't afford it. So I just pick up singles off eBay and such. 

Also have a collection of hats I should sort thru. Used to buy the draft hat every year but for the last several years I haven't really dug the designs on those draft hats. The sideline gear that drops around camp time is usually pretty cool tho. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Ok I ended up looking though all my stuff and it turned out to be more than I thought.. I probably need to add something t by Bruce Smith and Josh Allen at some point but I’m pretty happy with what I have:

Signed mini-helmets:

Darryl Talley

Jim Kelly

OJ Simpson

Thurman Thomas

Rookie cards:

Steve Tasker (signed)

OJ Simpson

Don Beebe (signed)

Signed Photos:

Darryl Talley

Don Beebe

OJ Simpson

Jim Kelly

Andre Reed

Steve Tasker

*In looking through some of this stuff, I managed to find an old 8x10 photo of Stan “the man” Musiał signed!! Uhh.. dad?? What’s the story there? Ha! 

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've got a Thurman Thomas rookie card......it used to be worth a lot of money, but it's only worth about $3 now.

Oh, and i've got a Buffalo Bills fishing lure, believe it or not. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I've got a Thurman Thomas rookie card......it used to be worth a lot of money, but it's only worth about $3 now.

Oh, and i've got a Buffalo Bills fishing lure, believe it or not. 

A Thurman Thomas rookie card is worth $3.00 ?  Hard to believe. What a bizarre market.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

A Thurman Thomas rookie card is worth $3.00 ?  Hard to believe. What a bizarre market.

It is hard to believe, however, most people outside of the Buffalo market don't even remember who Thurman was unfortunately. As great as he was, his name is never brought up when people think of the great RB's.

I've also got 6 Barry Sanders rookie cards and 6 Emmit Smith rookie cards......the Sanders are worth about $150/piece......the Smith are worth about $50/piece.

It's the same thing, even though Smith owns the all-time rushing title which to most people outside of Dallas means nothing, Sanders is arguably the best of all time, so his card sores, while Smith's is stagnant. 

Very, very bizarre market indeed.

• Shocked 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:03 PM, SoCal Deek said:

I have a football that OJ signed for me the year he gained 2003 yards. The signature is mostly faded after 50 years, but it’s there. 

On 3/8/2024 at 7:09 PM, KeLLy1278 said:

That’s an amazing piece.  Keep it away from direct sunlight and it will last for generations.

Have OJ's legal problems/reputation caused his football collectibles to sink in value, or soar?

I can see it going either way.

Just wondering.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Have OJ's legal problems/reputation caused his football collectibles to sink in value, or soar?

Just wondering.

I’ve never looked into it, but I have to admit that I’ve often joked about it. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just wondering.

Hard to say.. his signature definitely isn’t cheap.  Someone mentioned that Thurman Thomas’s rookie card fetches like $3.00 now? Not signed obviously but still. A value that low for an obvious hall of fame player. I can’t make heads or tails out of it.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sweats said:

It is hard to believe, however, most people outside of the Buffalo market don't even remember who Thurman was unfortunately. As great as he was, his name is never brought up when people think of the great RB's.

I've also got 6 Barry Sanders rookie cards and 6 Emmit Smith rookie cards......the Sanders are worth about $150/piece......the Smith are worth about $50/piece.

It's the same thing, even though Smith owns the all-time rushing title which to most people outside of Dallas means nothing, Sanders is arguably the best of all time, so his card sores, while Smith's is stagnant. 

Very, very bizarre market indeed.

I don’t want to go off on a tangent here but boy did I always find Smith overrated during that 90s era. He couldn’t do half of what Thomas used to do.  Forget the running for a second.. just take a look at the blocking and receiving. Thomas was a legit three down back, the most versatile of the three. Sanders was just as shifty and quick as it gets.  If I were to rank them… 

1) Sanders

2) Thomas

3) Smith 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Just wondering.

Neither really. I have his rookie graded by beckett at a 6. And a full size helmet signed by him.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:25 PM, KeLLy1278 said:

Anyone here collect? If so, what are some of your most prized Bills related items? 

I mostly have some signed mini helmets and photos, but I do have an OJ Simpson rookie card, Kelly & Tasker rookies.  Have some mini helmets and photos signed by a number of the 90s Bills.  Not much of a jersey guy.

May need to add something from Josh Allen to the collection.

Go Bills!  

Here is mine:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/243189-show-off-your-bills-collection-thread/#comment-7989969

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Hard to say.. his signature definitely isn’t cheap.  Someone mentioned that Thurman Thomas’s rookie card fetches like $3.00 now? Not signed obviously but still. A value that low for an obvious hall of fame player. I can’t make heads or tails out of it.

I have Thurmans rookies all 3 that hurts the value that when the market exploded the first year proset and score came on the scene. I have them graded with really high grades. 9.5 gem mint for tops and score and 8near mint for the pro set. It's funny I picked the 9.5s up for 25 bucks each years ago. Check em on ebay they fetch around 200 bucks now. The pro set I can never ever find any graded. They just weren't worth it. It's like before covid I picked up a gretzky rookie graded 5 for 125 bucks now 800 all day.

I don’t have anything but an autograph book with pretty much the whole 1988 team, including guys that didn’t make the team. It was passed around by one of the Bills team doctors at training camp. I also have an autographed picture of Darrell Talley. 

6 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

I have Thurmans rookies all 3 that hurts the value that when the market exploded the first year proset and score came on the scene. I have them graded with really high grades. 9.5 gem mint for tops and score and 8near mint for the pro set. It's funny I picked the 9.5s up for 25 bucks each years ago. Check em on ebay they fetch around 200 bucks now. The pro set I can never ever find any graded. They just weren't worth it. It's like before covid I picked up a gretzky rookie graded 5 for 125 bucks now 800 all day.

Ha! Man I have been looking around for a signed Gretzky photo or card for a while and the prices are just thru the roof.. obviously he is one of those very few “it” athletes that transcends his sport.. it’s impossible to find something legit of his at a reasonable price.  Even the “acceptable” condition stuff is priced high. 

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s a heck of a light show! Ha! 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Ha! Man I have been looking around for a signed Gretzky photo or card for a while and the prices are just thru the roof.. obviously he is one of those very few “it” athletes that transcends his sport.. it’s impossible to find something legit of his at a reasonable price.  Even the “acceptable” condition stuff is priced high. 

That’s a heck of a light show! Ha! 

Covid exploded alot of that late 70s to mid 80s stuff. I do graded cards loved the cards as a kid and decided to get the one I had or wished I had as a kid but nice graded conditioned ones I have a nice case to display. Past then early 90s I only have a few select players that i truly admire. It's hard to keep up on value with all the one offs and variants now days. The hot guy now is CJ Stroud. You can have a rookie worth 5 dollars and another that looks exactly the same with some wierd variation that worth 500. It's almost a full time job keeping up with it all. But the point I was going to make I got a Montana rookie graded 8.5 also for about 125 before covid now good luck finding it for under 450.

Given my avatar, it’s no shock I’m partial to the 1965 AFL Topps series.  It’s oversized cards. Each team has a different color background.  Bills are pink of all things.  Most valuable card in the series is the Joe Namath rookie card. I have it, but it’s a little beat up.  My wife gave me the OJ rookie card a couple of months before the murders.  At the time, we lived a couple of blocks away from Nicole Brown’s condo.