Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well with Allen's restructure that puts the team under the cap in absence of other information. 

I'd imagine Dion's extension and Knox's restructure got us to the threshold. Josh then took us to around 16.5m under. Epenesa and Lewis' extension cut out 9. So we're probably close to 7.5m under give or take right now.

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

Well we need a few more so we can sign Ridley.  

It could be closer to 7 or 8 I’m just being a little conservative cause the number is usually lower than we think.  I’m not holding out hope for Ridley unless he wants to sign cheap.  I think it’s going to be all guys under the comp pick threshold now.  

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

It could be closer to 7 or 8 I’m just being a little conservative cause the number is usually lower than we think.  I’m not holding out hope for Ridley unless he wants to sign cheap.  I think it’s going to be all guys under the comp pick threshold now.  

I am optimist.  Holding out hope

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well with Allen's restructure that puts the team under the cap in absence of other information. 

Spotrac has us over by 4,218,171 after Josh's restructure, but before the Dawkin's extension, the Knox pay cut, and the re-signing of Lewis, Morris and Epenesa.

We know Lewis' deal is 2 years for 4 million, but don't know the cap structure.  Morris is 985K, and my guess is the cap is the same.  Epenesa is a two year deal worth up to $20 mill with incentives and a base of $7 million in year 1.  the cap structure is still unknown.  The deal seems expensive to me. 

Edited by GASabresIUFan

51 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

I am optimist.  Holding out hope

I watched Ridley a fair amount last year, he was on my fantasy team, he was almost as frustrating as Gabe Davis, he’d disappear for entire games and had bad drops, for the money he’s probably looking for it’s a big NO THANKS for me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Noah Brown had 567 yards on 55 targets. Gabe Davis? 746 yards on 88 targets. 

Yes that’s not exactly what I meant lol gabe Davis had a big chunk of wide open drops on those targets and likely had twice as many snaps or more 

those numbers being thrown around don’t really tell the whole story imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I hope OTC updates over night.

58 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Spotrac has us over by 4,218,171 after Josh's restructure, but before the Dawkin's extension, the Knox pay cut, and the re-signing of Lewis, Morris and Epenesa.

We know Lewis' deal is 2 years for 4 million, but don't know the cap structure.  Morris is 985K, and my guess is the cap is the same.  Epenesa is a two year deal worth up to $20 mill with incentives and a base of $7 million in year 1.  the cap structure is still unknown.  The deal seems expensive to me. 

Over the cap hasn't updated anything.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

If that number is right, subtract Allen’s $16m and you get to $12m under. Then subtract Knox's $4m and you get to $16m under. Greg Tompsett said previously that if we extended Dion for roughly the value he got, we'd get $6.5-$7m back, so let's say we were conservatively at $22m before AJE and Daquan. We probably have at least $7m right now, maybe more depending on the structure of those contracts.

And to me it's a big deal that none of that needs to be set aside for draft picks considering the $10m we'll get June 1st from Tre.

We can play a little. And Taron still might be extended.

All a guess at this point 

Edited by transplantbillsfan