Trump, Project 2025 and Christofascists seeking to steal our country = Minority Rule

Mixing religion with politics only leads to problems for both. Separation of church from state is good for the health of both institutions. Otherwise we end up judging politicians by their score card on the Ten Commandments or we will be picking religion practices by party affiliation. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

I used to get the Evangelical Christian-Republican thing. 

Bush 43 was very clear about his misspent youth, alcohol dependency, and ultimate born again experience that made him a better man, at least in his personal life. Christians are all about forgiving provided it is a heartfelt conversion. We are all sinners after all.

But has Trump ever admitted that he did anything wrong? I mean, not legally (I get that he defends himself against formal charges), but even in his personal life? Any expression of remorse for obviously cheating on his wife? For doing tawdry things like having sex (which he denies) with an "adult film actress" (by definition, someone who has sex for money)? 

Anything? For calling people names, mocking disabilities, anything?

This is the most un-Christian so-called Christian in America.

His view on religion guiding his actions is best said in his own words. Here is Trumps response when asked if he has ever asked God for forgiveness: 

“I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don’t think so,” he said. “I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don’t bring God into that picture. I don’t.”

“When I drink my little wine – which is about the only wine I drink – and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed,” he said. “I think in terms of ‘let’s go on and let’s make it right.’”

On 3/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

Dang people being allowed to have faith and be part of government has the communist big mad.  

As the state is the supreme authority  to them.  

Big mad - lmao

LOL every time I hear someone use the "Christofaschist" term.

5+ years of nothing but made-up terms to demonize anyone with opposing views.

And some serious gaslighting, and the iron rule of projection by the actual "statefaschist" running the place.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

LOL every time I hear someone use the "Christofaschist" term.

5+ years of nothing but made-up terms to demonize anyone with opposing views.

And some serious gaslighting, and the iron rule of projection by the actual "statefaschist" running the place.

So I guess u believe trump was chosen by God to be prez?

• Eyeroll 1

There should be a law that no pastors/preachers can run for office. 

Nothing political can be discussed at a house of worship or no tax exemption

And absolutely no politicians announcing a run or making speeches in church.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Btw.  The post above was gaslighting   

Kinda agree on some parts like churches that don't help the community, shouldn't be exempt.  

And the pulpit shouldn't ever be political.

But that seems to be the norm anymore. On all sides and more that just "Christians"...

Edited by Tommy Callahan

The Republican party has become a full-fledged anti-sex movement

"The US supreme court justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas cited the Comstock Act, named after the 19th-century anti-vice campaigner Anthony Comstock, in last week’s case about access to the abortion pill mifepristone. If you don’t know who Anthony Comstock was or what his law did, that might not have alarmed you. But it should have."

"Comstock was reputed to be driven by religious shame over ***** to become his era’s most extreme anti-sex crusader. He rose to prominence in the early 1870s, when he convinced Congress to make it a crime to advertise, sell or mail contraceptives or give out contraceptive information, even orally, or to mail anything “immoral” – a term whose vagueness allowed widespread prosecution, including of a feminist newspaper reporting on sexual abuse whose prominent publishers, Victoria Woodhull and Tennessee Claflin, he got sent to prison. Like modern-day rightwingers he was a book-burner, and he boasted that he had driven 15 people to suicide."

"While the backlash to Roe’s June 2022 overturning has been spectacular, with Democratic election victories and blue-state legislation strengthening reproductive rights, that doesn’t spare women in red states from the horrific consequences of the decision.

At this point we all know they include prosecution for miscarriages suspected of being abortions, let alone for actual abortions, and lack of timely care from medical providers, who, fearful of prosecution themselves, sometimes wait for miscarrying patients to go critical from infection or loss of blood before offering care. "

"..[I]n May 2023, the Heritage Foundation declared on social media, “Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.”

"The Project 2025 agenda for a rightwing coup, should Trump win this November, declares that the USAid office of gender equality and women’s empowerment “should remove all ... language on USAid websites, in agency publications and policies, and in all agency contracts and grants that include” terms including “gender and gender equality” and should also remove references to “abortion”, “reproductive health” and “sexual and reproductive rights”"

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

"The US supreme court justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas cited the Comstock Act, named after the 19th-century anti-vice campaigner Anthony Comstock, in last week’s case about access to the abortion pill mifepristone. If you don’t know who Anthony Comstock was or what his law did, that might not have alarmed you. But it should have."

"Comstock was reputed to be driven by religious shame over ***** to become his era’s most extreme anti-sex crusader. He rose to prominence in the early 1870s, when he convinced Congress to make it a crime to advertise, sell or mail contraceptives or give out contraceptive information, even orally, or to mail anything “immoral” – a term whose vagueness allowed widespread prosecution, including of a feminist newspaper reporting on sexual abuse whose prominent publishers, Victoria Woodhull and Tennessee Claflin, he got sent to prison. Like modern-day rightwingers he was a book-burner, and he boasted that he had driven 15 people to suicide."

"While the backlash to Roe’s June 2022 overturning has been spectacular, with Democratic election victories and blue-state legislation strengthening reproductive rights, that doesn’t spare women in red states from the horrific consequences of the decision.

At this point we all know they include prosecution for miscarriages suspected of being abortions, let alone for actual abortions, and lack of timely care from medical providers, who, fearful of prosecution themselves, sometimes wait for miscarrying patients to go critical from infection or loss of blood before offering care. "

"..[I]n May 2023, the Heritage Foundation declared on social media, “Conservatives have to lead the way in restoring sex to its true purpose, & ending recreational sex & senseless use of birth control pills.”

"The Project 2025 agenda for a rightwing coup, should Trump win this November, declares that the USAid office of gender equality and women’s empowerment “should remove all ... language on USAid websites, in agency publications and policies, and in all agency contracts and grants that include” terms including “gender and gender equality” and should also remove references to “abortion”, “reproductive health” and “sexual and reproductive rights”"

I thought everyone was talking about sex because gay people exist. I guess you were talking out your ear with that one. I can’t keep up. 

• Haha (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Go outside and touch some grass

• Like (+1) 1

for reference, the author of that highly partisan opinion piece seems to use that script a lot.  here is a link to here other articles on that site.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/rebeccasolnit

Do these people leave the house?  

Eff it. Just to be on the safe side maybe we should send that medication to every household. 

as it has NO scary/deadly side effects if used after a certain gestational date.

• BillStime changed the title to Trump, Project 2025 and Christofascists seeking to steal our country = Minority Rule