2024 Value Free Agents

khlax3

49 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

King Henry would not be worth the money that we would take to sign him

We are like 50 million over the cap. This is a place where we can save money.

Exactly it's about value and right now we have a starting RB in Cook, who was 4th in the NFL in rushing. We do need a compliment though and love to get AJ Dillon on a low cost deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KentuckyBillsFan said:

I would rather use a 7th round pick or take a flyer on an UDFA than sign AJ Dillon. He's not very good.

The only people clamoring to sign AJ Dillon are people who haven't watched a lot of AJ Dillon.

Eh. He’s a spell back at best. His problem is the large chunks you see of him on the field is when Aaron Jones is injured. Guy just isn’t the lead back. If they don’t bring Ty back on another deal <$2m and you can get Dillon @ that price, I’d be all for it.

Best option if neither is the case would be like you said: a very late pick or an UFA. 

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

The prodigal son returns!

Seriously, don’t rule it out. 

- Great hands

- Experience in slot and outside

- RZ success

- Good blocker (I believe) 

That is the exact player they like as a WR 4. 

He signed a 1 year 870k contract, you could offer 1 year 950k and let him compete. I think he could over take Hardy. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 2

I’d be fine with Hodge coming back at the right price to fill out the back half of the WR room if we don’t plan to draft 2 WR. He would be WR 4/5 and I feel like hed rather play with Josh than Danny 2-Nickles.

Diggs

WR Rookie

Shakir

Harty

Hodgins 

Shorter

• Disagree 1

55 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I’d be fine with Hodge coming back at the right price to fill out the back half of the WR room if we don’t plan to draft 2 WR. He would be WR 4/5 and I feel like hed rather play with Josh than Danny 2-Nickles.

Diggs

WR Rookie

Shakir

Harty

Hodgins 

Shorter

I just don’t think harti is going to make it

This has been discussed in other threads, but the main problem I see here is why any of these guys are going to choose Buffalo to sign with on the cheap when there are going to be much better options elsewhere.

And even if you take the obvious out of the equation with the Chiefs, you can argue the Bengals, Ravens, and a plethora of NFC teams are going to be better options for most championship hungry veterans because most are going to understand the Bills have no path to a championship if anything because of the head coach situation.

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This has been discussed in other threads, but the main problem I see here is why any of these guys are going to choose Buffalo to sign with on the cheap when there are going to be much better options elsewhere.

And even if you take the obvious out of the equation with the Chiefs, you can argue the Bengals, Ravens, and a plethora of NFC teams are going to be better options for most championship hungry veterans because most are going to understand the Bills have no path to a championship if anything because of the head coach situation.

The same head coach that it seemed the team to rally around when it came to questions about the type of person he was?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I wouldn’t say no path bc of MCD, but I would choose KC over Buffalo, probably Cinci, Dallas, Philly if I wanted a title and a chance to produce.  Baltimore is still WR death, but a good shot for a title.  Detroit is a title shot, but too many weapons to take away touches.  Jax is also interesting.

The big draw to Buf will be JA and a shot to be a primary target.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, BBFL said:

😂

Maybe not but he’s averaged 12.9 yard p/c in his career… Got to be some downfield action in there. 

Gabes career YPC is 16.5 .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2024 at 4:58 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Anyone who subscribes to The Athletic can find the top 150 UFAs ranked with blurbs describing each player.

https://theathletic.com/5280918/2024/02/19/free-agency-rankings-nfl-best-available/?source=user-shared-article

in what reality are those 3 players better than Chris Jones? Guess they factor in age….but still

Edited by Warriorspikes51

47 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

in what reality are those 3 players better than Chris Jones? Guess they factor in age….but still

Age, room for growth, and injury history factor into the price of a FA just as much as production - if not more. There's nothing more valuable in FA than a productive player 25 or under coming off their first contract.

Burns and Hunter are Edge Rushers. Edge is always going to be more valuable than a DT. And Justin Madabuike is coming off a 13 sack season at the age of 25.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

On 2/22/2024 at 7:44 PM, T master said:

Gabes career YPC is 16.5 .

One caught passes from Josh allen, flanked by Diggs.  The other caught passes from macnzhz and Jimmy noodle arm.  Situations matter.  And Bourne wouldn’t cost a lot (if he did, we won’t be signing him).  Would likely be our WR4.  He can play.  Not spectacular, but would be a good WR4

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

One caught passes from Josh allen, flanked by Diggs.  The other caught passes from macnzhz and Jimmy noodle arm.  Situations matter.  And Bourne wouldn’t cost a lot (if he did, we won’t be signing him).  Would likely be our WR4.  He can play.  Not spectacular, but would be a good WR4

That's what they thought about Sheffield too he did well in Miami but did almost nothing here even when Josh did throw to him, I didn't pay much attention to Bourne but have head his name mentioned quite a bit I hope if they do bring him in he can do much better than those brought in last season .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.