Which QB Will Win Their First SB Next?

45 minutes ago, BuffaL0L0k0 said:

Maybe is my not native English speaking / reading, but how can I read "have not even come close", when JH10 has only gone once (?) to playoffs in his young career, JB09 makes it only every other year, even understanding he made it to THE GAME, and so on...

Again it really depends on your perspective

i assume you have no issue w Love being listed and not Prescott...they are measuring potential for improvement

It's reasonable to believe this version of the Bills is maxed out a la the Cowboys

I don't mean to sound callous, but I care about Greenberg's opinion about as much as I care about the ant I stepped on when I took my dog for a 12-mile run in the mountains yesterday.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to feel guilty about the ant.  I actually care about the ant more than I care about Greenberg's opinion.  

The reality is Josh is going to win a SB or he isn't.  Greenberg's thoughts don't affect the odds so why should any of us care?  

• Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 1:09 PM, hondo in seattle said:

I don't mean to sound callous, but I care about Greenberg's opinion about as much as I care about the ant I stepped on when I took my dog for a 12-mile run in the mountains yesterday.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to feel guilty about the ant.  I actually care about the ant more than I care about Greenberg's opinion.  

The reality is Josh is going to win a SB or he isn't.  Greenberg's thoughts don't affect the odds so why should any of us care?  

..the ant.... hahahaha!

• Like (+1) 1

Probably Allen or Burrow.

The AFC is better than the NFC, and Mahomes, Allen & Burrow are the top 3 QB's in the AFC.  Both Burrow & Allen have rosters than can win it all.

Hope it's Allen, but it wouldn't shock me if Burrow won next.

9 minutes ago, Success said:

The AFC is better than the NFC, and Mahomes, Allen & Burrow are the top 3 QB's in the AFC.  Both Burrow & Allen have rosters than can win it all.

BenGals went 9-8 last season. Not convinced they are a threat.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 2/14/2024 at 4:02 PM, st pete gogolak said:

Only Burrow has the mental strength to look across the field at Mahones and say to himself, “ I’m going to win this game”.

Horsesh1t.  Josh is is one cool dude.  I could not disagree with this more.  And the Josh vs Mahomes games clearly show the same. 

There!  Consider yourself scolded and schooled.  SMH

6 hours ago, Success said:

So far Mahomes has lost three playoff games - two against Brady and one against Burrow. So Burrow deserves to top the list. Not saying Allen or another QB can’t do it, but he’s the only one still playing that has. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

So far Mahomes has lost three playoff games - two against Brady and one against Burrow. So Burrow deserves to top the list. Not saying Allen or another QB can’t do it, but he’s the only one still playing that has. 

I kind of know what you're saying, but generally reject the idea that QB's beat each other.

Allen plays KC's defense, and Mahomes plays against the Bills' defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Success said:

What about Stroud or Herbert. The Texans are an up-and-coming team and Harbaugh will get the Chargers turned around. Took the Niners to the Super Bowl and just won a National Championship. The guy is a winner. As for the Bills we have the McDermott factor. Very good regular season coach but so far has proven he can't get to the Super Bowl much less win one in his 7 years with the Bills. 

17 minutes ago, Gregg said:

What about Stroud or Herbert. The Texans are an up-and-coming team and Harbaugh will get the Chargers turned around. Took the Niners to the Super Bowl and just won a National Championship. The guy is a winner. As for the Bills we have the McDermott factor. Very good regular season coach but so far has proven he can't get to the Super Bowl much less win one in his 7 years with the Bills. 

Good QB's - but neither has proven that they're on par w/ the big 3 in the AFC.

It will help Herbert to have Harbaugh. The Chargers might emerge as a legit contender.  But I've really gotta see it.  I'm skeptical.

Stroud looked great last year.  Let's see how it goes this year.  It has happened that a QB can look really good, but then the league kind of catches on to how best to defend him.  Lawrence & Jax were the hyped team coming into this past season, and took a step back instead.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Good QB's - but neither has proven that they're on par w/ the big 3 in the AFC.

It will help Herbert to have Harbaugh. The Chargers might emerge as a legit contender.  But I've really gotta see it.  I'm skeptical.

Stroud looked great last year.  Let's see how it goes this year.  It has happened that a QB can look really good, but then the league kind of catches on to how best to defend him.  Lawrence & Jax were the hyped team coming into this past season, and took a step back instead.

Others I forgot to mention are Love and Purdy as both have the advantage of playing in the weaker NFC.

(5) Herbert: I could see it. Harbaugh is the real deal. 

(4) Jackson: he is an electric player, fun to watch, but struggles in the playoffs generally. Still, he's a lightning bolt, and if everything lines up at the right time he could absolutely do it. Good HC, solid defense, solid team overall. Hard to root against Lamar, unless it's vs the Bills. 

(3) Burrow: I could also see it. Guy has been a winner his entire football life. HC doesn't impress me, though. (Insert name here) would also win lots of games with Burrow and 10 #1 WRs on offense. 

(2) Purdy: Not going to happen... A product of his surroundings. Sorry Purdy fans. 

(1) Love: Sorry, I don't buy the hype. He had a nice second half of the year, for sure. If Cousins doesn't get hurt we're not having this conversation, because they wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Remember when Green Bay was basically giving up on the year halfway through? 

I wouldn't say Allen right now, because I think the team is going to be in tough this year. Have to wait to see free agency and the draft though. But so much can happen with injuries around the league, teams looking better or worse than we thought, trades, etc. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

11 minutes ago, Sweats said:

9-8 with no Burrow....he's coming back this season

Right. They finished behind Cleveland, who was also decimated with injuries, & Pittsburgh, who had QB issues. 

Yes, Burrow makes a difference but Cincy is still the 4th best team in the AFC North.

• Haha (+1) 1