Why have the Bills not been more successful? (Poll to end all Polls!)

FireChans

Why have the Bills not been more successful?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Question above

• The Chiefs standing their way (Mahomes/Reid)
    • The Bills getting in their own way (coaching, FO management)
    • Bad luck (injuries, bad draft luck)

Bills are getting in their own way.  They have proven they can beat KC, but in the postseason they just haven't made the extra play to do it then vs the regular season.

Frazier sucked as our DC in the postseason, even the 13 second game our defense not only had the 13 second debacle, but we gave up 17 points in the final 2 minute and OT.  

Daboll never understood how to balance the game with running the ball either.  Dorsey was outcoached his entire time here.  And now we have Brady who showed well in his stint, but even so he had some growing pains, but at least he gets some benefit of the doubt with the fact he wasn't running his real offense.

McD he has had his own issues, like the fake punt this year.  I actually have less issue with the fake punt given the numbers advantage as I do with the actual play that was called for the fake punt which was terrible.  That being said, the fake punt was still something I don't think he should have done there.

ST - When has ST ever been good for us, not to mention, they have major blunders in multiple exits now.

Then there is just the issues with the players on the field.  Diggs dropping that bomb that was a perfect pass...Dawkins getting blown up into Allen just enough to step on his foot to not hit Shakir...untimely defensive or offensive penalties either extending drives for opponents in bad moments or killing our own drives.  

Injuries have been a big factor too...you listed that as its own category, but that factors into things I think here too where Bills have had to rely on lesser players too much in big moments who didn't make the plays.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

On 2/14/2024 at 8:31 AM, FireChans said:

To me, does 13 seconds even happen if we aren’t playing Mahomes? I don’t know, but my suspicion is no.

I can’t remember Brady doing something like that.  Sure he’d drive his team down for a winning score with say a minute and a half left, but not 13 seconds.

The Bills organization is just cursed.

Choice 2 is obvious.

With Allen, we have all we need to be in SB nearly every year and win it a bunch of times.

If we are not doing that, it is because the people around him are not getting the job done.

That all falls on GM (talent acquisition; team building) AND OF COURSE COACHING.

It will be more interesting NEXT OFFSEASON when we end our season at about the same point AGAIN.

The chances of McDimwit getting booted will be their best so far.

• Eyeroll 1

I honestly think KC and the Bills are fairly evenly matched on the field, however, where the Bills are lacking is coaching.

It seems that KC gameplans each and every week for every opponent, whereas the Bills, kinda look like, "well, it worked for the past 3 weeks, so let's keep going with it" attitude/style. 

You can see the coaching from both teams is miles apart. KC looks like they do their homework every week and Buffalo looks like they waited till the last minute to complete their school project, then just whipped together some twigs and glue, realized it would never work, then just went with the old "my dog ate my homework" excuse.

The excuses are getting stale, tiresome, boring....there is zero accountability from the top on down.

I don't want to hear excuses about injuries, when every team gets them over the course of the season and every team deals with it and it seems that no other franchise hangs their hat on the injury excuse quite like Buffalo Bills fans.

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The voting just blows my mind !! Bills Mafia blames everything but what is apparent that has happened in stopping the Bills from being more successful .

Why couldn't the Knicks win a NBA championship while Jordan was playing for the Bulls and then when Jordan left the Bulls lost only to win 3 more when he came back ?

Why did it take the Bulls years to over come the Pistons to finally win a championship ?

Why couldn't any one including the Bills beat the Patriots while Brady was their QB ?

Why aren't the actions of the Bills players such as dropped passes, fumbles, missed kicks, held more accountable ?

Oh and those injuries to pro bowl players the past couple of years and their replacements had absolutely no impact what so ever in hindering the Bills success did it ?

Why is it not recognized that even the number 1 team in the NFL this year couldn't beat the Chiefs ?

It couldn't be because Mahomes is the Jordan of todays NFL could it ?

Why shouldn't all the other coaches that couldn't beat the Chiefs be fired ?

Nope it is only the fact that the Bills need to fire their HC because he is a POS ... Yep now there's some fan logic for you  !!!! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.