Best and Worst QB in Each Team's History

Rubes

On 2/9/2024 at 11:45 PM, Rubes said:

Fun to read article from SportsDrop on each NFL team's best and worst QBs.

Just remember, this is the guy our current coach picked to start at one point.

Absolutely incredible how this guy ***** the bed when he got the big chance. There have been plenty of really bad QBs for the Bills over the years, but it's hard to argue with just how bad Peterman was when he took the field.

Others you would argue were worse?

Dan Darragh is thankful for Nathan Peterman.

Worst? Billy Joe Hobert. How do you not study a playbook at the NFL level? For bing an idiot, he ranks first in my book.

If you are choosing worst based on a lengthy starting span?  Manuel. Wasted first round pick and was a terrible QB.

On 2/9/2024 at 8:04 PM, mikemac2001 said:

Billy joe Hobert 

Yeah, Billy Joe Gunrack was my fav!

What an obtuse clown, who admitted to never studying the playbook because he was drunk the night before and didn’t expect to play! 😂🤪

17/30 (56%) 133 Yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs 

On 2/9/2024 at 6:15 PM, MJS said:

Brian Brohm takes the cake for me. Two starts, 0 wins, 0 TD's, 5 INT's, 51.9 completion percentage. He had a 9.6 INT percentage, higher than Nathan Peterman's. Peterman at least won a game...

He decided to stay in college for one more year - had he come out earlier he was considered an overall #1 pick

15 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Brian Brohm was pretty terrible in the limited action he saw.   His passer rating was even worse than Peterman's.  And I also recall folks on here clamoring to see him play lol.

I remember taking flak from the Brohm fans when I mentioned that I thought it was not possible that Russ Brandon had outsmarted all the other GMs, including the best ones in the league, when he signed Brohm off GB's practice squad. My logic was that a 2nd round QB pick who gets waived before his 2nd season & not claimed and then had spent the season on a practice squad with nobody else interested, was not some genius signing by Russ Brandon & our management team. 

They said things like Buddy Nix was the one behind the Brohm signing (like that was any better than Russ Brandon), that Brohm was projected as the #1 pick before his last year in college, and "I saw him play in college". 

17 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Some of us on this board will remember it was so bad with the Bills. 

This was a catch phrase...

" What the heck, why not Dufek"

😑

Joe Dufek. A name lost to history 😂😂😂.

i mean can we all admit the the Bills had many bad quarterbacks! Many. Here’s a better question…How many Bills bad quarterbacks would be on the list if they played for other teams. 😂

there’s so many.. Dufek, Totten, Ferragamo, and the others listed here. 

On 2/9/2024 at 6:26 PM, warrior9 said:

But he is a strong christian.

God was not on Peterman’s side while playing football…, 😂

On 2/9/2024 at 6:34 PM, finn said:

I loved Kelly, but I don't think there's any question at all that Allen is a better quarterback in every respect. (I don't count hardware, never have.)

I would give the deep arcing ball to Kelly. Also the short area touch passes and the quick slant throws.  So, not Every respect.

• Agree 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:07 PM, prissythecat said:

Brian Brohm was pretty terrible in the limited action he saw.   His passer rating was even worse than Peterman's.  And I also recall folks on here clamoring to see him play lol.

We all just wanted the alliteration:

Buffalo Bills’ Brian Brohm Becomes Bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

For my money, it was the day we traded Bill Miller & Daryl Lamonica to Oakland for Art Powell & Tom Flores.

Honorable mention; believing it was a no brainer Pete Gogolak would re-sign with us.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

On 2/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, bostonadguy said:

Joe Dufek. A name lost to history 😂😂😂.

i mean can we all admit the the Bills had many bad quarterbacks! Many. Here’s a better question…How many Bills bad quarterbacks would be on the list if they played for other teams. 😂

there’s so many.. Dufek, Totten, Ferragamo, and the others listed here. 

Totten was a strike player and he's in a different category than guys who played in real games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.