NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

To put what you’re calling a great year into perspective, in 2022 a player had nearly identical stats to Lamar’s 2023 campaign.

99 passer rating, 31 TD, 7 INT’s.

His name was Jared Goff and he didn’t receive even a single MVP vote. Not even a second or third plate vote.

I think that team missed the playoffs. They weren't the one seed.

And Lamar didn't win the MVP in 2022. He won it in 23.

Do I admit that Lamar Jackson's stats were not the Star Wars numbers variety we typically see with MVP's?  Sure.

But since 2009, only 3 MVP's were not the one seed in the conference. AP on the Vikings. Matt Ryan on the Falcons. And Peyton Manning on the Colts.

It's the way the award typically goes. You can rail about it all you want.

• Agree 1

Lamar wasn’t even in the conversation in any serious way until he put up a 5 TD game late in the season that allowed any serious consideration to begin.

Allen will not win it unless or until he has a single season INT season that prevents the talking heads from continuously bashing him over and over day after day week after week, you can’t believe the actual voters would listen to that all year and then cast a vote in his name.

FOUR straight 40+ TD seasons lol.. the numbers this dude is putting are are absolutely ridiculous… we’re very lucky to be Bills fans right now

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

If your going to mention Lamar missing week 17 then you have to include all the times Allen sat early do to their lead in the beginning of the season.

I don't think that's a 1-1 comparison.

Missing a whole game, which is anywhere from 60-70 snaps, is not the same as missing 8-10 snaps in 3 or even 4 games as an aggregate.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think that team missed the playoffs. They weren't the one seed.

You missed the point. I was pointing out that Lamar’s stats weren’t great. They were Jared Goff 2022 level.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not sure what you didn’t understand. The Bills had 5 wins against playoff teams. 4 of  those came by a TD or more.

Oh okay, I read that as “more than a TD,” like, you know, the five the Ravens had. Not a missed Hail Mary by the Bucs, or a punt return against the Dolphins to eek out wins.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You missed the point. I was pointing out that Lamar’s stats weren’t great. They were Jared Goff 2022 level.

Jared Goff's stats in 2022 were pretty good. Your point was that he didn't receive MVP votes, and he shouldn't have. Because his team won 9 games and missed the playoffs.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Only 4 QB's who played 15 games or more had a passer rating over 100.   There's nothing average about that.

You picked one stat and it was QBR. Who cares about that made up metric. You could of at least said his rushing yards, which was the only great stat he had

5 minutes ago, julian said:

Lamar wasn’t even in the conversation in any serious way until he put up a 5 TD game late in the season that allowed any serious consideration to begin.

Allen will not win it unless or until he has a single season INT season that prevents the talking heads from continuously bashing him over and over day after day week after week, you can’t believe the actual voters would listen to that all year and then cast a vote in his name.

FOUR straight 40+ TD seasons lol.. the numbers this dude is putting are are absolutely ridiculous… we’re very lucky to be Bills fans right now

Exactly!

Until they ran out of QB options because Dak and Purdy blew it, Lamar wasn't even an after thought. All of a sudden they had to scramble and find the next QB pick after Purdy crapped the bed. 

Edited by Herc11

33 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

I disagree actually. I think he’s generally well liked. 

But the general attitude toward the Bills is that they are good and sometimes great, but destined to choke. I think we’re viewed as a good team now, but in the end we’re still losers. 

Josh is living under Mahomes shadow. It’s going to be this way until the Bills win a Super Bowl. Why would the media spend time liking Josh when then could be giving that attention to other people and teams who don’t have legendary choke jobs and honestly a kind of cursed vibe attached to them. 

Those are obviously not my feelings toward Josh and the team, but I do believe it’s how a lot of other people view him and the team. It doesn’t matter how many incredible moments he has because in the end they come up short and it’s pointless and painful. 

The media has been riding the Bills and Allen since the 13 sec game. They’ve been rewarded with disappointment after disappointment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

People arguing that Allen should have been MVP over Lamar while I'm sitting here thinking that it should be a punishable offense that he was given more points than Tyreek Hill or Stroud

I think it should be punishable offense than you think a WR was more valuable to their team than Josh.

6 minutes ago, julian said:

he could throw less than 10 TO's and that will still be the narrative.  He won't because he doesn't have the receivers to run wide open like the other QBs do but hopefully that changes next year.

Just now, Brand J said:

Oh okay, I read that as “more than a TD,” like, you know, the five the Ravens had. Not a missed Hail Mary by the Bucs, or a punt return against the Dolphins to eek out wins.

It’s almost like games are more than the scores, huh?

You point out the Bills needing a punt return TD against Miami but don’t mention how Baltimore blew out Cleveland the first game because Dorian Thompson-Robinson (a 3rd stringer) was their starting QB.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

People arguing that Allen should have been MVP over Lamar while I'm sitting here thinking that it should be a punishable offense that he was given more points than Tyreek Hill or Stroud

What I find interesting is that 24 out of the 50 voters left Josh entirely off their ballot. In what world does he not deserve at least a top 5 vote for this season ? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Jared Goff's stats in 2022 were pretty good.

That’s closer to accurate. “Pretty good”

Definitely not great.

So the path to MVP is have “pretty good” stats and be on the #1 seeded team.

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

I think it should be punishable offense than you think a WR was more valuable to their team than Josh.

I don't recall any Allen receptions this season but agree with what you were getting at.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

He was 8th in total TD's while being tied for 26th in total INT's. 

There's 3.

8th would make him pretty close to average. Certainly not something to quote when saying he was the best. I don't give him the ints because his attempts are lower than everyone else. A better number would be attempts/int ratio. Im at work so I'm not going to dive into figuring that out right now. Also, if your going to talk about ints with a running QB youve got to include fumbles.

I edited my last post about the one stat. There you will find my thoughts on QBR. 

Just now, Einstein said:

That’s closer to accurate. “Pretty good”

Definitely not great.

So the path to MVP is have “pretty good” stats and be on the #1 seeded team.

And have a great offense. I posted the recipe earlier for you.

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What I find interesting is that 24 out of the 50 voters left Josh entirely off their ballot. In what world does he not deserve at least a top 5 vote for this season ? 

Josh has haters, period. He has since day one and these people can't suck up their pride and admit they were wrong.

The media should not be voting for these awards. Completely biased opinions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.