First piece of steel raised at new stadium

Commish

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, not saying it's a non-issue, but 1. baseball stadiums are considerably smaller and 2. Stuff is generally cheaper out west

Yeah but real estate on the strip is $$$$$$$!!! Compared to a parking lot on Abbott Road?

• Like (+1) 1

A slightly more serious take on the steel being used at the stadium.  I caught this clip from the Watertown local news feed (WWNY):

https://www.wwnytv.com/2024/02/09/gouverneur-manufacturer-making-parts-new-buffalo-bills-stadium/

Looks like the steel being used in the new stadium is being fabricated in Gouverneur!  A true upstate project!

No word on whether Cives' contract covers the new urinals.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2024 at 12:03 PM, rusty shackleford said:

I was at the Bills/Chargers game when the weather balloon knocked the power out to the stadium (2008 I think). I just finished in the bathroom and my friend was in line a little bit back. I went to grab us some beer and the power went out while he was still I there. Needless to say, he said when it went out it was no holds barred in there.

I was there and can also attest to this. People were getting pissed on, people pissing on the floor, etc. 😬

18 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

I was there and can also attest to this. People were getting pissed on, people pissing on the floor, etc. 😬

How many times do I have to apologize for that???    😋

I had never heard of that, but I can imagine it was pretty awful. 

• Haha (+1) 3

8 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Looking forward to progress pictures when we get to see the second one installed around August. 

Of course you’re kidding, but if you look at the drone footage they’ve actually installed a significant amount of steel in the one corner surrounding that first ceremonial white column. Pretty neat! 

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah but real estate on the strip is $$$$$$$!!! Compared to a parking lot on Abbott Road?

Look Buffalo Bills fans have no stones to tell the truth and how it is in New York State for 50 plus years it’s corruption. What do you want Buffalo Bills fans to say? We Buffalo Bills fans that actually do this thing called thinking said it as soon as this Buffalo Bills open air stadium was announced in Orchard Park. I got suspended twice for telling it how it is. There is no point it’s been decided by corrupt to the core people in charge. Regardless of where the stadium is for that kind of money it should be domed with the ability to close the upper deck for smaller concerts and events. There should be a winter festival and events year round in a climate controlled dome. We were sold a bill of goods because this is what Terry Pegula and the political leaders wanted. Look at the new Buffalo Bills stadium as tribute to the corrupt government politicians and their friends like the old Mafia to basically steal from the working class people. If you understand that you wouldn’t be wondering why not in New York State a dome. New York City’s two baseball stadium are crap for the money they cost and they aren’t retractable domes either. Face it New York State is corrupt that is why it’s losing population to the Sun Belt and Southwestern states with no real hope. Western New York is growing poorer not wealthier. New York City stadiums sucks compared to Los Angeles. Newsflash the Big Apple is the rotten Apple today compared to when my mother grew up in 1940’s, 1950’s and 1960’s Brooklyn when New York City was strong and a world class city now it’s a shell of what it use to be.

The New York State political leadership is corrupt they let both the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Baseball Giants walk out the door. They also let the New York Football Giants and New York Jets walk out the door. Who does that? Oakland and? It’s not like it isn’t obvious our state is corrupt and doesn’t understand economics to grow our Western New York area. The Brooklyn Dodgers in Brooklyn today would be the the Chicago Cubs worth billions of dollars to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn. Brooklyn was suppose to get the first dome stadium ever in 1955 it was proposed by Walter O’Malley you can thank the very corrupt Robert Moses for that not happening. If that stadium was built the New York Jets would have been most likely the Brooklyn Jets and Brooklyn Dodgers in that Brooklyn Dome Stadium. The New York Mets aren’t the Brooklyn Dodgers they aren’t even the New York Baseball Giants when it comes to success and history in New York City baseball with the late great John McGraw. The New York Mets in Queens Shea Stadium is what Robert Moses wanted the Brooklyn Dodgers to move to. So Joe Namath would have been a Brooklyn Jets not Queens New York Jets. Nashville was once a hick town compared to 1950’s Buffalo is booming today same with Vegas, Seattle, Miami, Tampa, Charlotte and fill in the blank city. There is no point there are too many people that like Western New York exactly as it is struggling economically being lead around and told how to conduct their own personal business by state leaders. People don’t care because it’s too hard for them to think for themselves they look for political leaders and television personalities for help with there everyday life decisions. That is why they run out to reelect crooks yearly the same corrupt to the core politicians because it’s easier to do instead of thinking because that is hard for people today. A winter weather forecast shutdowns people’s minds today it’s to hard for them to handle like the world is going to end it’s ridiculous. It is what it is and it’s getting worse not better so I would just give up on the new Buffalo Bills stadium it’s going to be a glorified Highmark stadium with very limited potential and shelf life compared to Highmark Stadium it will be renovated or replaced in less than 20 years so it just doesn’t matter really anymore Western New York is going to be backwards, poor economically and losing forever unfortunately. Western New York economic business model is take what you can get a open air stadium, a terrible Buffalo Sabres hockey team and like it more suffering. Former Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Reiger summed up rebuilding the Buffalo Sabres that can apply to Western New York perfectly economically more suffering for the Sabres at the time and failing to win championships year after year in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 2/3/2024 at 12:03 PM, rusty shackleford said:

I was at the Bills/Chargers game when the weather balloon knocked the power out to the stadium (2008 I think). I just finished in the bathroom and my friend was in line a little bit back. I went to grab us some beer and the power went out while he was still I there. Needless to say, he said when it went out it was no holds barred in there.

That game was a surreal experience.  I was in line in the bathroom when the power was out and I don't remember a no holds bar. Just some snarky "Ralph is cheap' comment but really quiet other than that.  The only lights were from cell phones and all I remember thinking was how the hell does this place not have backup generators to provide at least some lighting.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

That game was a surreal experience.  I was in line in the bathroom when the power was out and I don't remember a no holds bar. Just some snarky "Ralph is cheap' comment but really quiet other than that.  The only lights were from cell phones and all I remember thinking was how the hell does this place not have backup generators to provide at least some lighting.

Those stories are interesting and I’m also shocked that they don’t have emergency egress lighting. They are a code requirement! By the way, it’s not done with a back up generator. Each room has a limited number of light fixtures with a small internal battery that kicks in to provide the code minimum foot-candles.

21 hours ago, SoMAn said:

Looking forward to progress pictures when we get to see the second one installed around August. 

First we have to wait for the rendering

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Those stories are interesting and I’m also shocked that they don’t have emergency egress lighting. They are a code requirement! By the way, it’s not done with a back up generator. Each room has a limited number of light fixtures with a small internal battery that kicks in to provide the code minimum foot-candles.

You'd think but their weren't any lights whatsoever that kicked on in the bathroom.  Thank god for cell phones.  I think the official explanation was the previous power outages that day that "overtaxed the backup system."  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.