Browns hire Dorsey as OC

Process

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Ah yes and the Bills offense was a well oiled machine midway through the season.

He really did come close to saying that, didn't he?

“One of the big things is, it gave me time to kind of go back and look at it ....... “When I did, I felt like there were a lot of great things that we were doing.

“There are always things (of), ‘Hey, maybe I would do this a little bit different moving forward......... ‘Were we on the right track? Were we doing the things I felt like, at the end of the day, as the leader of the offense and play-caller were giving us the best chance to win?’ – in a lot of cases, there were a lot of ‘Yeses,’ and sometimes, in certain situations, I would maybe do something a little different,” Dorsey said.

Well, I guess we'll find out.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Can't listen, can someone sum up? For the accusations of being a predator, or the way that he's wet the bed/ditched teammates over the past 18 months?

He said that Watson is "one of the premier QB in this league and from everything I've heard about him, a really quality human being"

Edited by Beck Water

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He really did come close to saying that, didn't he?

“One of the big things is, it gave me time to kind of go back and look at it ....... “When I did, I felt like there were a lot of great things that we were doing.

“There are always things (of), ‘Hey, maybe I would do this a little bit different moving forward......... ‘Were we on the right track? Were we doing the things I felt like, at the end of the day, as the leader of the offense and play-caller were giving us the best chance to win?’ – in a lot of cases, there were a lot of ‘Yeses,’ and sometimes, in certain situations, I would maybe do something a little different,” Dorsey said.

Well, I guess we'll find out.

He said that Watson is "one of the premier QB in this league and from everything I've heard about him, a really quality human being"

1) I think I am going to vomit

2) I mean, has he watched the last few years of play? Yes, Watson put up big numbers. He also, noticeably, played on teams that were never seen as contenders and their highest water mark was an 11-5 season and then beating the Bills in the wild card in Josh's first playoff game.

It's not an accident that those things are related.

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is an interesting quote. I do some truth to this  

I def prefer Brady, he just opened the offense up,  and even their final drive of the year went 16 plays, nearly 7 min and should've been capped off with a TD

🤣🤣

Hey, Dorsey!  If the Browns gig doesn't work out, there's always politics.  "Quality human being."

🤨 FFS.

5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Hey, Dorsey!  If the Browns gig doesn't work out, there's always politics.  "Quality human being."

🤨 FFS.

IK,R?  I mean, Dorsey could have said many appropriate "joining team with this guy as QB" things which did not draw "seriously, have you been living under a rock?" raised eyebrows like this.  "I'm looking forward to working with Deshaun Watson, he's shown the capabilities to be one of the premier QB in this league and I'm eager to get to know him personally and brainstorm how to make this a great offense" or something.

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

🤣🤣

That's just gross. I'm not saying you should go out and crap all over your QB at your new job, but man, you don't have to praise him like that either. 

Spineless (or he's okay with the allegations, which obviously worse).

Edited by Bruffalo

26 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

More evidence that he does truly have sociopathic tendencies???

Dorsey went and reviewed the video of what he had said...then probably went apes*** on the iPad he viewed it on.

Even better if after he said:

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is an interesting quote. I do some truth to this  

I def prefer Brady, he just opened the offense up,  and even their final drive of the year went 16 plays, nearly 7 min and should've been capped off with a TD

🤣🤣

Can’t expect the guy to create impeccable offensive game plans and also keep up with world news? 

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

yeah that's crazy!   no way he's one of the premier QB in this league.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Stop. This board and local media absolutely killed McDermott anytime he said complementary football.

No, you are wrong, it is only a handful of people, who likely did not even understand the term, the meaning, who went after that term, and likely still do.

And, in my view,  they did this only because they were ignorant, uninformed. Who would ever think it was a bad idea, bad for the team, to run the ball much better than they were doing it? 

But it is a tiny minority of the fans in general and also on here that demonstrated that comical ignorance. I would say less than 10%.

How can anyone be against that idea of complimentary football??

Thankfully, it was, and is, only a tiny percentage.

Just because the ignorant tend to scream their thoughts out into the ether more than others, don't take that as meaning that is the majority--or even close to it...

Not even close, as most Bills fans are dramatically more informed and logical than that.

Just now, Mister Defense said:

No, you are wrong, it is only a handful of people, who likely did not even understand the term, the meaning, who went after that term, and likely still do.

And, in my view,  they did this only because they were ignorant, uninformed. Who would ever think it was a bad idea, bad for the team, to run the ball much better than they were doing it? 

But it is a tiny minority of the fans in general and also on here that demonstrated that comical ignorance. I would say less than 10%.

How can anyone be against that idea of complimentary football??

Thankfully, it was, and is, only a tiny percentage.

Just because the ignorant tend to scream their thoughts out into the ether more than others, don't take that as meaning that is the majority--or even close to it...

Not even close, as most Bills fans are dramatically more informed and logical than that.

I must’ve imagined it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.